Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 03:25 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're father is exactly a gentleman himself. Sounds like they are birds of a feather.

It's good that you're civil towards her, you can't make the dinner, you have other plans.
Funny you mention that because my friend said the same thing. Perhaps their dysfunctions makes them the perfect match. Probably why he couldn't handle my mom. My mother is the complete opposite of that, classy, drama free, logical, objective and very amazing to be around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Hmmm... Sounds like it's going to be a likely chance for a crappy Jan. 1st dinner. You've mentioned you're wanting to go because of a cousin? Maybe make arrangement to see this cousin earlier in the day?
No it's okay, because it's only going to be my uncle, cousin, older sister, dad and his GF. Aside from his GF whom we are not fighting with or anything like that, we are all at peace in that group. So it should be fine.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I know. So many problems ...
I am fine. My mother's side of the family we are so stable, close and supportive of each other. That family rocks. My dad's side is where there are issues. When you marry so many times, have children from different marriages, all raised differently, and then introduce unstable girfriends into the mix, it's a reciepe for disaster. On top of that my dad loves sweeping things under the rug so everything festers.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post

When you marry so many times, have children from different marriages, all raised differently, and then introduce unstable girfriends into the mix, it's a reciepe for disaster. On top of that my dad loves sweeping things under the rug so everything festers.
Like I said, SO many problems.

It's hard to escape the shrapnel of a same-gender role model like that who brings so much dysfunction into the family.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Like I said, SO many problems.

It's hard to escape the shrapnel of a same-gender role model like that who brings so much dysfunction into the family.
My older sister and I always joke, when we look at my mom's side it's so amazing, and my dad's is just a hot mess, always.

I think my mom was too good for my dad.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:34 PM

99 posts, read 56,907 times
You don't seem like a brat to me. Both your father and his GF sound like very shallow, annoying, manipulative people and I don't blame you for not wanting to partake in their bullsh*t.

I come from a very blunt family where we admit when parts of our family are annoying us and we address it with them. We don't "suck it up and be nice because we're adults", we actually address the problems we have with people. I don't see anything wrong with what you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships