Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:26 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times

Advertisements

There is no need for me to look. I found that info from a reputable source, took a picture of it, and posted that pic.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
I had 37 iterms on my list. I did not list all active projects because they have already been posted. I had 7 dead project. Of the 7 dead projects 6 new projects Take their place. Some have ready been built. The number 7 dead was The Citadin which was going to replace apartments that was ready there. All they did was to upgrade the apartments.

So all the dead project had no effect on Charlotte’s development.

The recession hit some condo projects which are being replace by hotels and office building.
300 South Tryon was cancel in 2009 and now is starting construction in December. They have closed the parking lot on this site and now clearing the lot for construction.

First Union 75 stories off building would have replace a 17 stories office building. later they built a 32 stores office build next to the 17 stories building.

Two Ten Trade is getting 2 hotels in its place.
Holton Square was replace by the Epicentre.

Last edited by CLT1985; 10-01-2014 at 04:01 PM..

Old 10-01-2014, 05:29 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
There is no need for me to look. I found that info from a reputable source, took a picture of it, and posted that pic.
As we figured out your list was short. But anyway. Also it had south end numbers. But I didn't see any numbers for DT Raleigh's surrounding areas. Also did it have all the recent non residential development? Oh almost forgot did it have numbers for Midtown Raleigh? I threw that in because you like urban development so much. You should love that area.

Don't want to mix subjects but, I'll give you one guess. Where N.C.'s strongest economy job market is. You got it. Mayberry/Durham. Go figure

Charlotte area's jobless rate rises to 7.8% in August - Charlotte Business Journal

By the way Triangle rate 5.5 just for the record

Old 10-01-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
As we figured out your list was short. But anyway. Also it had south end numbers. But I didn't see any numbers for DT Raleigh's surrounding areas. Also did it have all the recent non residential development? Oh almost forgot did it have numbers for Midtown Raleigh? I threw that in because you like urban development so much. You should love that area.
If you insist on posting information, at least try to be informative. Let me show you how it's done...

Central Raleigh Driving Tour (2014 during the day)

Downtown Raleigh, NC - YouTube

Central Charlotte Driving Tour (2010 at night)

Uptown Charlotte, NC Night Tour (HD) - YouTube

Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
If you insist on posting information, at least try to be informative. Let me show you how it's done...

Central Raleigh Driving Tour (2014 during the day)

Downtown Raleigh, NC - YouTube

Central Charlotte Driving Tour (2010 at night)

Uptown Charlotte, NC Night Tour (HD) - YouTube
Besides the fact that one video is at night and one is in the day. I see no informative value to any of this. The only thing I see is that you are a fraud! An fact and numbers Chef. When challenged you have no answer. To show a night video of Charlotte. Then a video of Raleigh. Looks like a Tuesday afternoon. Shows a lack of confidence in your Queen City. But one good thing it shows a good amount of the Raleigh development. Skyhouse,N.C. Bar HQ,NCSECU HQ,Carolina Ale House. Also quite a few of the historic buildings also. Old post office, and the city market to name a few. Something Charlotte has almost none of.

The subject was new development. Why are you running like a little school girl? We were doing a comparison of new development. Not videos. It seems you have no confidence in the big city. You keep changing the subject or hiding for days. You love listing stuff. When you think you have a point. But now you are ducking and running. I wonder why. I would like to issue you a direct challenge. No more videos. No smart remarks. Uptown,midtown,south end. Against DT,Cameron Village and Hillsboro st/NC State, Midtown Raleigh. Most current development. Same as before 12 months back 12 months forward. No dead ducks please. You know I'll check behind you. No offense but consider the source. If Charlotte is as big as you say it should not be a problem to double Mayberry. Remember Uptown it the metros CBD. DT is only secondary. No Durham either. You can shut me up right now. All your other boosters are depending on you. Don't let them down.

Here's your chance to be really informative lol.

By the way. You obviously ignored the jobs report. I wonder why?

Last edited by Atowwn; 10-01-2014 at 07:02 PM..

Old 10-01-2014, 07:34 PM

The following link summarizes Central Charlotte's current developments (both planned and under construction).

http://files.charlottecentercity.org...-Report-Q2.pdf

^^^According to this report, there are 47 projects either planned or under construction in Central Charlotte (Uptown, Midtown, and South End). These projects are a mix of rental units, townhomes, hotels, office space, etc.

Office Space
449,300 sq/ft

Retail Space
191,070 sq/ft

Rental/For Sale Units

Hotel Rooms

The rest of the details (as well as pictures and map locations of each project) can be found within the link above.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-01-2014 at 07:47 PM..

Old 10-01-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
There are some I missed because I don't know the exact project names. Or they are small projects. Also this includes very little of the new DT ten year plan. I have seen early drafts but it's still in the works. I will say this. If they can accomplish half of the new ideas in draft plan. I think even our big city brother to the south will be impressed.

http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/_fi...hDraftPlan.pdf
I found your link. I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thing, but I certainly will. Just at quick-glance, I noticed that Central Raleigh (whatever those actual boundaries might be) can expect an influx of "4,500 new residents in upcoming projects". Now, that's NOT to be confused with the actual number of units. 4,500 new residents (at an average of two people per unit) is about 2,250 new downtown units. The link that YOU provided validates the information that I've already posted...

Quote:
The following info comes from the 2014 downtown reports of Raleigh and Charlotte.

ISSUU - State of Downtown Raleigh Report 2014 by Carla Chirico

Old 10-01-2014, 09:57 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
I was in Mayberry today haha. Honestly, I had no idea it really existed. My friends live in Mnt. Airy. Saw the Andy Griffith statue and his house. Then we went to Old Salem. Old Salem took us on the end of downtown beside the tallest Wells Fargo building. Disappointed by the extreme lack of people. It was 2pm when we went by first and 5:30pm the 2nd time.

Edit: Portman office tower applied permits for a 16th floor suggesting they have an anchor tenant to start. It would be 16 floors on top of parking making it a 20 story office tower.

300 South Tryon has shut down the parking lot and terminated all it's monthly leases. Construction starts Dec. 1st anchor tenant Is Mass Mutual, 30 story office tower around 10 story hotel.

And 2 very reputable people, both posters on another website who work for firms and have great sources (council members, work for architect firms, CBJ journalist is also a member on that website) Are certain the other 30 story office tower will start construction in 2015 and supposedly are finalizing talks with an anchor tenant.

These 2 buildings could possibly be larger than any office building in downtown Raleigh (PNC tower is not all office). I'm not sure how they compare to the 2 larger office buildings in Raleigh. I imagine they'll all 4 (Raleigh's 2 largest office towers and 2 of the 3 new office towers all nearly certain to begin construction this year and 2015) Be equal in height and size.

Show's the strength of Charlotte's economy and the economic engine that uptown is for the region. Despite our unemployment numbers (not defending it or sugar coating it btw), we continue to add a lot of jobs.

Last edited by Charlotte485; 10-01-2014 at 10:06 PM..

Old 10-02-2014, 05:20 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
I am glade to see movement on Portman office tower. I still wish it would be the 40 stories Charlotte 1 condo tower that was plan there a few years ago. Look like we will have 2 office towers going up at the same time. Now if Tryon place gets started it will be 3 office towers and 2 hotels in these 3 projects.

Last edited by CLT1985; 10-02-2014 at 05:36 AM..

Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,865 times
Is Charlotte the new Atlanta?
http://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/b...w-atlanta.html

But Raleigh is a peer city to Charlotte right :|

Last edited by choloboy36; 10-02-2014 at 06:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina