Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2016, 10:45 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
The last segments of the 26 mile Cross Charlotte trail going through uptown from SC to Concord is being built. Other greenways are being extended also. It's about time we got on board with a more extensive network.

The Raleigh bikeshare seems like it will be a lot cheaper than Charlotte's for users. And it's no doubt it will be bigger if they plan on putting them on university campuses. Perfect place to have them! A nice perk of having large universities close to Center city.

And that list of arts and culture of Downtown Raleigh doesn't seem like it would be any longer than Uptown's when you add in all the stuff they did such as the Convention center, IMAX, etc.

I've been pondering going to downtown Raleigh for the nature museum thing that's free as an excuse to go to downtown Raleigh. Just don't want to make the trip of it's too kids oriented.

While the list may not seem much longer. The offerings are greater. Example Charlotte Symphony vs NC Symphony. Not my thing but I'm sure you get my point. Compare Raleigh's three main museums to Charlotte's.

The NC Museum of Natural Sciences is considered the best in the southeast. There's no other museum in NC that can even come close. My point isn't to insult Charlotte btw. I'm just pointing out a strength of Raleigh's. Along with the Triangle.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North...tural_Sciences

http://youtu.be/0DQic9buUfI

On to the Raleigh Bikeshare. It almost took an act of god to get it started, but it's coming soon. I agree all the universities in and around DT be a boost. That's why for the life of me I couldn't understand the city's hesitancy. Haven't used the Charlotte bikeshare yet. I have used the DC bikeshare though. Awesome way to get around,especially for tourist. When the final bikeshare map/plan I'll post on development thread. It should be released soon.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:27 AM

398 posts, read 498,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Office space is unimportant in the context of this conversation.
Wrong, but nice try

Quote:
You have to be joking with this list? You're pulling my leg right? You have to be? Not even worth a response.
joking about what? Oh, I guess you missed the qualifier "SOME" in my post. Those are SOME of the MAJOR arts and cultural facilities in Uptown. Its a much longer list than Raleigh's. Oops, another inconvenient fact. Plus, Uptown has more total arts, cultural and entertainment options than downtown Raleigh.

Quote:
Not to mention
NCMA - North Carolina Museum of Art

Not downtown but a quick bike ride along the Raleigh greenway away. Soon to be connected by Raleigh bikeshare. NC's largest I might add.
LOL, the discussion is Uptown versus downtown. Game, set, match. You lose.

Charlotte's had a bikeshare program for what, 6 years or more. Raleigh is second, again.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:35 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Wrong, but nice try

joking about what? Oh, I guess you missed the qualifier "SOME" in my post. Those are SOME of the MAJOR arts and cultural facilities in Uptown. Its a much longer list than Raleigh's. Oops, another inconvenient fact. Plus, Uptown has more total arts, cultural and entertainment options than downtown Raleigh.

LOL, the discussion is Uptown versus downtown. Game, set, match. You lose.

Charlotte's had a bikeshare program for what, 6 years or more. Raleigh is second, again.
Are you high on something???? Seriously.

Or are you 12?????

Now I see what it felt like dealing with Raleigh540.

You are totally ridiculous.I do like how you added entertainment to arts and culture though. Are you urbancharlotte's son or something?

NC Museum of Natural Sciences
NC Museum of History
NC Museum of Art

There is nothing in Uptown, Charlotte,or the Charlotte region as a whole that compares,period!

Back to my original point. You said that Uptown beats Down Raleigh in every category. Obviously you are uninformed to put it kindly. Is it that hard for you to admit you were wrong? Dose it hurt your feelings that bad for Raleigh to be better in one category

I didn't even get into the fact that Downtown Raleigh is home to one of the best Chefs in the country. 2014 James Beard awards best in Southeast. With 7 restaurant/bars in DT. To uptowns 0!!! Since you have all the answers. Explain that please.

That'd be two areas DT Raleigh is better in. Both again areas that "urban" loving people would consider important.

Ashley Christensen Restaurants

Last edited by Atowwn; 04-17-2016 at 12:06 PM..

Old 04-17-2016, 11:47 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,393,399 times
Quote:
While the list may not seem much longer. The offerings are greater. Example Charlotte Symphony vs NC Symphony. Not my thing but I'm sure you get my point. Compare Raleigh's three main museums to Charlotte's.

The NC Museum of Natural Sciences is considered the best in the southeast. There's no other museum in NC that can even come close. My point isn't to insult Charlotte btw. I'm just pointing out a strength of Raleigh's. Along with the Triangle.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North...tural_Sciences

http://youtu.be/0DQic9buUfI

On to the Raleigh Bikeshare. It almost took an act of god to get it started, but it's coming soon. I agree all the universities in and around DT be a boost. That's why for the life of me I couldn't understand the city's hesitancy. Haven't used the Charlotte bikeshare yet. I have used the DC bikeshare though. Awesome way to get around,especially for tourist. When the final bikeshare map/plan I'll post on development thread. It should be released soon.

I didnt take it as an insult. I'm not a symphony person myself (although I do enjoy going of its available, but It's not my personal interest) so I'll take your word for it.

I guess I'll give the NC museum a shot. Maybe this Wednesday if I can finish up a few projects in time.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Are you high on something???? Seriously.

Or are you 12?????
Why? Are you pedophile scoping out the internet for victims?

Quote:
You are totally ridiculous.I do like how you added entertainment to arts and culture though.
Umm, YOU added entertainment to the discussion in an earlier post.

Quote:
NC Museum of Natural Sciences
NC Museum of History
NC Museum of Art

There is nothing in Uptown, Charlotte,or the Charlotte region as a whole that compares,period!
Simply not true. The Bechtler Museum of Contemporary Art blows anything in Raleigh out of the water.

Quote:
I didn't even get into the fact that Downtown Raleigh is home to one of the best Chefs in the country. 2014 James Beard awards best in Southeast. With 7 restaurant/bars in DT. To uptowns 0!!! Since you have all the answers. Explain that please.
So what? Uptown doesn't have Ashley Christensen. Big whoop. Do you really think that means Raleigh's food scene is better than Charlotte's. Truly you are delusional.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:26 PM

464 posts, read 523,193 times
Quote:
I'm glad you like Carowinds! Its a great attraction for Charlotte.

As you can easily see, i never mentioned Atlanta, and for the second time (at least) I have never said anything about Charlotte "dominating" NC. I have no idea why you continue to harp on those points when responding to me. Uptown Charlotte blows downtown Raleigh away in every category, and Charlotte is much more of a real city that Raleigh. Thats not a shot at Raleigh...its simply a fact. Some people like one better than the other. Some people appreciate both. Its ok.
Then why isn't Charlotte dominate? Let me tell you the reason why, it's an underachieving city with no character lol. It isn't even that much bigger than the Triangle as a whole. Both are growing rapidly, but Charlotte isn't even dominate in that area. All those amenities, and it still has to share its prominence with Raleigh/The Triangle.

Until the Charlotte area is millions ahead in population, it will remain equal to The Triangle, but never greater. Y'all haven't learned this by now? Lol.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:28 PM

I just love repeating myself lol. It never gets old.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
I just love repeating myself lol. It never gets old.
Yes, thats very typical for a sociopath.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, thats very typical for a sociopath.
I'm sure you can relate

Old 04-17-2016, 04:51 PM

Can't wait for the food hall coming next year! DT Raleigh's restaurant scene continues to grow exceptionally!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina