Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2020, 05:03 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,358,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
There are already 5 Wake County municipalities in the top 25, and I suspect that the number will grow to at least 6 sometime this decade. Wake could eventually host 8 of the top 25 with Garner, Fuquay-Varina, and Morrisville all having at least a shot at the top 25. F-V and Garner have large ETJs that would easily allow them to have future populations over 100,000. For that matter, so do Apex and Holly Springs.
Morrisville is rather compact and hemmed in compared to some of these other Wake suburbs, and is the least likely among the group to crack the top 25.
Are you omitting the Wake county municipalities that are located in two different counties? For example, Raleigh (Wake and Durham) and Cary (Wake and Chatham) both have expanded beyond their home county. Durham (Durham and Wake) has done the same. We can add Chapel Hill (Orange and Durham) to this list as well. High Point is the king of this phenomenon (located in FOUR different counties. Anyways, isn't it "interesting" how a county with the densest crop of cities in the state somehow couldn't keep these cities all within Wake's borders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 05:44 PM

569 posts, read 342,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Are you omitting the Wake county municipalities that are located in two different counties? For example, Raleigh (Wake and Durham) and Cary (Wake and Chatham) both have expanded beyond their home county. Durham (Durham and Wake) has done the same. We can add Chapel Hill (Orange and Durham) to this list as well. High Point is the king of this phenomenon (located in FOUR different counties. Anyways, isn't it "interesting" how a county with the densest crop of cities in the state somehow couldn't keep these cities all within Wake's borders?
I don't understand your point. I don't find it "interesting", and I doubt anyone else does either.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:49 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,508,572 times
Quote:
What...exactly are you trying to say? This entire post was irrelevant to the one you replied to, and whatever "point" you're trying to make seems pretty out there.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:53 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,035,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Raleigh View Post
I don't understand your point. I don't find it "interesting", and I doubt anyone else does either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
What...exactly are you trying to say? This entire post was irrelevant to the one you replied to, and whatever "point" you're trying to make seems pretty out there.
Phew thought I was the only one. Had to read it a few times and still don't understand what the point was...

Old 02-09-2020, 06:11 PM

569 posts, read 342,450 times
Not sure that there was a point. LOL

Old 02-09-2020, 10:37 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,358,220 times
Quote:
It was an inside joke to a poster who has gone back and forth with me over trivial stats before (such as his history of omitting the SC portion of Charlotte's MSA population in an attempt to "prove" that Charlotte isn't NC's largest metro area). So I simply asked him are we omitting the non-Wake county portions of these municipalities? It was nerd humor and I'm sure he got the jest.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:20 AM

6,382 posts, read 5,508,652 times
Quote:
As is generally the case for several interesting C-D posters here..

The underlying point was "*chest thump*...Charlotte big city; Raleigh not big city"

Old 02-10-2020, 07:55 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,508,572 times
Quote:
It was an inside joke to a poster who has gone back and forth with me over trivial stats before (such as his history of omitting the SC portion of Charlotte's MSA population in an attempt to "prove" that Charlotte isn't NC's largest metro area). So I simply asked him are we omitting the non-Wake county portions of these municipalities? It was nerd humor and I'm sure he got the jest.
Ah yes I remember that, like 2 weeks ago or so. ...I don't think anyone was arguing that Charlotte isn't NC's largest metro. In fact I'm quite sure no one said that. IIRC, the argument stemmed from Charlotte posters once again interjecting Charlotte into a non-Charlotte discussion of NC counties of Guilford vs Durham. By bringing up SC counties, for no apparent reason other than to remind everyone that Charlotte is in fact the biggest of cities and the biggest of metros, and then to remind Triangle posters that we only get the 2nd best developments because we are really just a small slow paced town.

I'm starting to sense a great deal of Triangle envy from you Charlotte posters. I understand why, but you should tone it down a bit. The insecurity is becoming very obvious.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:58 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,402,106 times
This isn't a Charlotte VS. Raleigh thread.

There's a section for City VS. City in the main forums. Or create a new thread.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:34 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,907,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
The problems facing eastern NC...defy solving...

LOL. Just stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina