Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 07:21 AM

264 posts, read 364,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
Here here OpAck. Not sure where HistoryProf was coming from saying that dazedandconfused question didn't warrant an answer here. Personally, I was kinda teed off by his response. We should all be here to help one another the best we can. And there are plenty of people on here that can help answer many questions that come up. We shouldn't make anyone feel bad for asking a question in this thread. That totally goes against what this thread is all about (that YOU started OpAck). So lets try to be a little more helpful. And if you don't have an answer then...just don't respond.

Anyway, I have received the same "you have two weeks or less remaining" message I think since I moved into Tier 3 about 5 weeks ago. After the second week it appeared I went into the local ESC office and asked about it and the woman at the desk had no idea why I was receiving the message. And she said everything looks normal on my case so I should be good. Just a quirk in the system I guess.
I have to say I agree with you, sacflies. Dazedandconfusedinnc's question was exactly relevant to this forum. This thread is not only about EB, it's about issues concerning EUC or original UI benefits, for that matter.

Even if Dazed' question hadn't been relevant, I find the phrase "not to be rude" very rude. If a post has no significance to our specific concern, which at the moment is getting EB triggered back on in NC, just skip over it. No need to waste more time posting a reply which is unnecessarily offensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
Here here OpAck. Not sure where HistoryProf was coming from saying that dazedandconfused question didn't warrant an answer here. Personally, I was kinda teed off by his response. We should all be here to help one another the best we can. And there are plenty of people on here that can help answer many questions that come up. We shouldn't make anyone feel bad for asking a question in this thread. That totally goes against what this thread is all about (that YOU started OpAck). So lets try to be a little more helpful. And if you don't have an answer then...just don't respond.
And alot of the time..."you should call the NCESC" is the only answer we may have sometimes. Even jdljr explained that a few times...you just can't answer some questions truthfully unless you're physically looking at an individual's claim. And the only ones that can do that are NCESC reps. But based on some of our past experiences and our dealings with jdljr...alot of us can certainly offer guidance and there's a whole of host of questions/answers buried in this thread that many have found useful...including myself. And I've got no problem mentioning that I am no longer collecting unemployment. I did the best I could to prepare for 99 weeks...which I've admitted included filing for chapter 7 and eliminating/cutting back on just about everything. Some others who hit 99 weeks aren't so lucky and I really feel for those people. But I'm usually poking my head in this thread occasionally to offer any guidance or support based on some of my past experiences, as are some others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies
Anyway, I have received the same "you have two weeks or less remaining" message I think since I moved into Tier 3 about 5 weeks ago. After the second week it appeared I went into the local ESC office and asked about it and the woman at the desk had no idea why I was receiving the message. And she said everything looks normal on my case so I should be good. Just a quirk in the system I guess.
One of many quirks in the system! I recall it was after the overpayment debacle that I started getting the 2 weeks or less message consistently. And yeah, the reps can't exactly tell you why that's happening, but they can tell you what you're drawing and how much more you have left to go. And that's most important really.

The system the NCESC has used quite clearly was not designed for the flood of claims they got in 2008 up thru today. I believe they've done upgrades along the way, but it's been almost like sending one guy outside to put a tarp over your house during the first half of a cat 5 hurricane. They seem to have just enough staff to comfortably handle maybe 1/2 of the NC claimants. I feel for ones like jdljr and hope he's holding up ok!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:18 AM

169 posts, read 314,953 times
Default Sorry next time I will just skip it

"If a post has no significance to our specific concern, which at the moment is getting EB triggered back on in NC, just skip over it. No need to waste more time posting a reply which is unnecessarily offensive."

You are certainly right, if a question does not have to do with the immediate concern, and issue at hand, I could have skipped it. Sorry, tensions are running particularly high right now.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 AM

108 posts, read 160,658 times
It's cool HistoryProf. We all understand. Hang in there. We are all in the same boat just trying to stay afloat.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Group hug everyone! (keep your hands where I can see them)

Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 PM

187 posts, read 259,235 times
Good Afternoon People,
I'm glad everyone is well today, and I'm also glad that our tensions are now at ease with the disagreement with dazedandconfused's question and HistoryProf2011's comment. I did not want to get involved because you are all my friends here. I know that tensions are up due to the problem we are all dealing with the EB issue. Today, NC Legislature is on duty around 5:00PM. I encourage everyone to listen to the audio, and as always, any new information that comes on the issue will be greatly appreciated from any member here.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:07 PM

13 posts, read 17,105 times
Default News...

Jobless benefits for 37K in NC behind other issues - GreenwichTime (http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Jobless-benefits-for-37K-in-NC-behind-other-issues-1351390.php - broken link)

Correct me if I'm wrong (I often am), Thom Tillis' spokesperson stated that, "It's unlikely that the House will originate a bill this week, but if the Senate originates a bill we'll look at it this week." Isn't there already a bill in each house (H676 and S584) dealing with the EB issue, or have they completely fallen off the radar?

I never did pay much attention in Civics class
[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Old 04-25-2011, 12:10 PM

23 posts, read 35,931 times
Those articles will throw you off.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM

Default The word of a politician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalfrey View Post
Jobless benefits for 37K in NC behind other issues - GreenwichTime (http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Jobless-benefits-for-37K-in-NC-behind-other-issues-1351390.php - broken link)

Correct me if I'm wrong (I often am), Thom Tillis' spokesperson stated that, "It's unlikely that the House will originate a bill this week, but if the Senate originates a bill we'll look at it this week." Isn't there already a bill in each house (H676 and S584) dealing with the EB issue, or have they completely fallen off the radar?

I never did pay much attention in Civics class
[LEFT]

[/LEFT]
I'm not sure he knew what he was saying when he said that. I read the article, Shaw said that they "were at capacity this week", as if unemployment and securing the income of 40,000 people was not a major priority. Yes, these bills are still in the House and Senate, so I am not sure what he was saying when he used the term "originate". This is such a straightforward situation for these politicians...take care of the people who put you in office, and by default, keep you their...THEN squabble over budget issues, health plans, etc.

The process is so incredibly slow and convoluted it is nail-biting. I was hoping on some kind of hopeful announcement today to start my week off a little more confident. At least I am getting a crash course in navigating present-day politics. Well, I guess it has always been the same.

How do you know if a politician is lying?

Answer: if their mouth is open

Old 04-25-2011, 12:18 PM

Default Your right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken3000 View Post
Those articles will throw you off.

A majority of those articles are pieced together "journalism" from three or four different sources. They are redundant, and intentionally skewed toward the left or right depending upon what website you get it from.

Hope for some real news soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina