Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 PM

92 posts, read 93,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
"Chevy Chase is my freind and his brother inlaw in Vegas... I could ask them to help..."

You mean chevy chase and his brother and law from The Griswall's Vegas Vacation? Great movie, but seriously, you know these people and think they are going to be freedom fighters for NC unemployment?!

Chevy chase...really?

wierd desighnewz....wierd
Below was a quote by a user of this site and the first thing that came to mind was the guy in that movie that went over to his boss's house and demanded a story why no big bonus check. Knowing we are dealing with the eb issue I know it serious I just have to think of things funny now where the endorphins are gaining strength to fight again. This EB issue is bad and I am doing my peice a step at a time sanity or not...

On my end, you can be assured something is coming soon. I am going to wake up all of our locally elected officials early in the morning with a knock on the door and a camera in their face. Weekend or not, we are still suffering, and I would just love to film them having eggs benedict at their government subsidized homes. I'm tired of fighting a losing fight, and quite actually, if they arrest me, well, I get a roof over my head and three meals a day at the government expense. How do you spell Irony?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 PM

264 posts, read 313,024 times
Giggling at that Professor. I envision a flat bed truck loaded up like the Clampets, granny and bloodhound, Jethro too. Bring our own port-a-potty and have a big love in on their front lawns. Maybe even get the folks from the Boogie to join us. Whata we want? EB! When do we need it? NOW!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:58 PM

92 posts, read 93,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Giggling at that Professor. I envision a flat bed truck loaded up like the Clampets, granny and bloodhound, Jethro too. Bring our own port-a-potty and have a big love in on their front lawns. Maybe even get the folks from the Boogie to join us. Whata we want? EB! When do we need it? NOW!
Thanks buddy.. That helps too... Positive Positive Positive

Old 05-19-2011, 10:54 PM

187 posts, read 259,209 times
I love these jokes! ! ! I'm glad everyone can keep their spirits up. Keep up the fight for our benefits, let your voices be heard, and lets all enjoy the weekend and remain hopeful for something positive next week.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:40 AM

26 posts, read 31,405 times
I thought the video seemed legit. It sounds like he was meaning they were going to give in next week. That's what it sounded like to me, as if he was saying, hey, if no one compromises this week, we are going to do something next week. He may have overspoken and given more info than he should have as far as his party goes. It seems hopeful. They know they heat is on them and the more they put this off the more like a$$holes they look like. They can't keep this up much longer. They might be putting on a brave face and portraying a unified front to the media, but behind closed doors, the GOP is trying to think of a way to get out of this and save face without looking like they backed down. That's what I really believe. Stay hopeful!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:56 AM

169 posts, read 204,357 times
For those of you forced to apply for food stamps. How long did it take for your card to arrive in the mail after you applied?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:03 AM

Democrats Promise Renewed Fight To Extend Unemployment Benefits - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Good news...

Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 AM

55 posts, read 66,306 times
that article is two days old lol

Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 AM

26 posts, read 31,405 times
If you qualify for "emergency" foodstamps, your card should be there in about 5 days.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:33 AM

Yes it is but are you following the NC Repub Senate Caucus today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoize View Post
that article is two days old lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina