Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times

Advertisements

Nothing to do with NEPA directly, but w/all the joy over Bin Laden, let's not forget his victims!!!

YouTube - A THOUSAND ANGELS (Ascending & Decending WTC Tribute) - Annie Haslam Vocals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM

539 posts, read 1,069,311 times
Thanks JG, nice video, I got to see her perform live (and bought the album), when she was performing with the group Renaissance in 1971. They performed right at the college where I was attending at the time, Ramapo in Mahwah NJ.
Actually, they say she now lives in Bucks County - but was British originally. Renaissance was a very original band -
lots of cool sounds, and to me some of the songs sounded a bit like Emerson Lake & Palmer with a female vocalist.

Last edited by frank754; 05-02-2011 at 05:11 PM..

Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Nothing to do with NEPA directly, but w/all the joy over Bin Laden, let's not forget his victims!!!

YouTube - A THOUSAND ANGELS (Ascending & Decending WTC Tribute) - Annie Haslam Vocals
Agree 100%

Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
Thanks JG, nice video, I got to see her perform live (and bought the album), when she was performing with the group Renaissance in 1971. They performed right at the college where I was attending at the time, Ramapo in Mahwah NJ.
Actually, they say she now lives in Bucks County - but was British originally. Renaissance was a very original band -
lots of cool sounds, and to me some of the songs sounded a bit like Emerson Lake & Palmer with a female vocalist.
Annie is a good friend of mine & does live in Bucks County now. Renaissance toured the US, Canada & Korea last year for a 40th anniversary tour, & plans are in motion now for a US & European tour...here's the new site for info as it happens...

Renaissance

Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,142,013 times
Happy Mothers Day to all you Mom's

Have a Great Day .

Old 05-08-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Happy Mothers Day to all you Mom's

Have a Great Day .
:thumbsup:

Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,142,013 times
Lovely weather for this week..

Whoo Hooo its about time ..

Old 05-10-2011, 01:57 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,671,723 times
I agree it has been a wonderful week of weather. Summering has been busy with all the chores of getting back home from being in South Carolina.
After the guys cut down two large trees and a huge amount of shrubs in front of my house.....
I shopped very quickly at the local garden center and then planted three flowering bushes and three evergreens. Then mulching that entire area. Now we are awaiting the stone delivery for the driveway as they came up short after two loads. Then a grand ole' septic pumping...( just because, and not because it isn't working just fine).....and the chipper mans arrival. All three on Thursday...LOL.
They might just be bumping into each other. Who would you rather bump into?...1. The Septic Man
2. The Chipper man......3. The stone man. Myself, I'll take the stone

Between the house and the new pup......We've been very busy.
She is really missing the dog park and one day that might mean a trip to Scranton. One hour to a dog park is quite long isn't it?......So when is the Stroudsburg area going to have one? I am certain it is not now with the economy as such.

So nice to see everyone here....and about.......I love the NEPA people. Its a toss up to me because the smiling faces and greetings in SC win me over too.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:23 AM

The weather is beautiful! I really enjoy this season. BUT the one thing I don't like is allergies! They have been a mess for weeks now!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 PM

539 posts, read 1,069,311 times
We have such a tiny city yard, due to our driveway and garage going all across the back, but in the back on one side is a tiny triangular lawn about 20' long and going from around 8' wide on one end, going down to zero as you approach the garage. Coming into the driveway, we have a strip about 4' wide and 20' long with a few bushes, hedges, and a small fig tree. The two azalea plants there are coming into their full red blooms the past few days. In spite of our tight budget, I cleaned up that area and laid down 10 bags of black much there, it sure makes a difference in the appearance. Out back, I cleared a small area for planting some zucchini, we will see how that goes, and I may expand the area next year. Also got 3 topsy-turvy tomato planters today. They are $9.99 each at Bed, Bath & Beyond (the cheapest in town), plus they gave me a $5 discount on the three, so it was only $25. Then I got 3 Early Girl tomato plants at Walmart for 3.33 each, that variety grows fast and is best for containers, we had good luck with them before down south. Also trying to grow some cilantro in a few large flower pots, and may try a few radishes in another area cleared in the rear "yard" section to be shared with a few flower seeds. The adjacent neighbor's son, who are Hispanic, had a nice garden last year. They have no garage or driveway (they are in a duplex), but he has a much bigger area, about 6' x 40' not including the rest of his yard. He's been going at it too, the last few days, digging away. Always nice to both see others and to participate oneself in a bit of that spring fever. In fact, so many people seemed to have been doing the same thing around here, that the yard waste garbage truck finally made it just now - at 6:45PM !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania