Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:46 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,071 times

Advertisements

The unemployment office is hiring again in September, go to the local career link and take the test. Its not that hard, I took it and was hired !!! $14.38 to start !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,071 times
And, I think fisheye has a great idea, post any jobs you know of. When I first started with the state I posted everytime they were hiring. Wonder if anyone ever took advantage of it ?? !!!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:14 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
The unemployment office is hiring again in September, go to the local career link and take the test. Its not that hard, I took it and was hired !!! $14.38 to start !!
I always thought it was the EMPLOYMENT OFFICE ,?????????????????? heyna or no????

Old 08-06-2010, 02:42 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
A close relative of mine works for TMG Health in Dunmore (also a location in Downtown Scranton), and according to him they have been and will be continuing to hire for a variety of positions.
Don't they lay off alot? I just heard they laid off 50 people not to long ago

Old 08-06-2010, 03:43 PM

177 posts, read 467,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
I always thought it was the EMPLOYMENT OFFICE ,?????????????????? heyna or no????
If you want to split hairs, both are considered acceptable terms for what the offices do.

Jim

Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
And, I think fisheye has a great idea, post any jobs you know of. When I first started with the state I posted everytime they were hiring. Wonder if anyone ever took advantage of it ?? !!!
Thank you nkotb,
However; I wish that we could have a thread that was strictly jobs or leads. This is a good start. Anything that gets people thinking.
Here is a link to a very depressing video: http://marklevinshow.com/goout.asp?u=http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html
Read it and then hit play. It shows the enormity of the problems that job seekers are facing.
I was trying to think of something that could help those in need.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:19 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
Good jobs in the Poconos. HA HA HA HA HA HA

Old 08-07-2010, 06:25 AM

106,675 posts, read 108,856,202 times
problem is nepa has no infrastructure for supporting large business..

one lane roads, no sewers, limited electric power, no suitable buildings for large businesses who want to move without building from scratch.

not enough eateries and business support companies around to support a large company.

need paper clips or paper and use loose an employee for over an hour driving some where .

no public transportation in place.

wall street west died because of all the above.

1/2 of nepa is designated forever wild which makes putting a plant or large business near an area thats forever wild a ecological nightmare.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:04 AM

177 posts, read 467,042 times
This thread was not started to talk about the lack of good jobs in NEPA, but to list any good jobs or possibilities that you might know. Whatever people say, there are some good and decent jobs in NEPA, albeit not tons, but some. If people use this thread to talk about the lack of jobs, it will kill this thread that may be helpful to others. BTW...despite what you think, a $10 job might be considered a "good job" depending on someone's circumstances.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:28 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMan View Post
Whatever people say, there are some good and decent jobs in NEPA, albeit not tons, but some.
I agree...but as I pointed out, there are not many good jobs in NEPA that aren't government or taxpayer-funded jobs. State jobs, federal jobs, teachers, etc. Your best bet to finding a decent paying job in this area is to look at the state civil service website for job postings, and the USA Jobs site.

Jobseekers

USAJOBS - The Federal Government's Official Jobs Site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania