Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM

108 posts, read 370,456 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a range that's fairly close to the Milford area that allows semi-auto rifles with hi-capacity magazines, i.e. Bushmaster ACR, AR-15, or AK-47? I don't mind a public range if that's available. I also have a couple of rifles chambered in 7.62 Nato and 8mm Mauser, so would be great if larger calibers like that were also accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,643,281 times
To the best of my knowledge, as long as you own the guns legally, you can shoot them but you cannot have a fully loaded clip. I think you may be limited to six loaded shots, but I strongly suggest you consult the state first. If you want to use prohibited weapons or run a full mag with reckless abandon, you should look into joining a local gun club who may have more pull to get such suspension of the regs allowed on a limited basis for "exhibition purposes."

Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the info. All my weapons are legal and I like to stay on the right side of the law. They are currently stored in Florida as I'm not permitted to own them in NYC, but I will be driving them up to PA shortly after we settle in.

I did hear about keeping magazines semi-full from someone else, but I haven't been able to find anything stating such officially on any of the PA government websites.

I also did a bit more searching, and there's a public range (game lands #183) which is only about 20 miles from the house. These game lands though - are they manned by someone? I've been to a few in Florida and California where they weren't, and I always get apprehensive about going down an uncontrolled range when I don't know what's going on behind me. Getting shot in the back isn't very appealing if you know what I mean...

Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,625,319 times
3 bullets max at any state gameland range, get caught with more and you will no longer own your firearm, they are very strict and have more authority than the local police. they can take your gun, car , and arrest you.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Im not even sure if you can legally transport them from Fla. over the Pa. state line..

Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
3 bullets max at any state gameland range, get caught with more and you will no longer own your firearm, they are very strict and have more authority than the local police. they can take your gun, car , and arrest you.
Just so I'm sure I understand, one can only have 3 rounds in the magazine at any time on state game lands? After 3 rounds have been fired, I can reload another 3 and continue firing?

I don't mind. I'm more about accuracy than wasting large amounts of ammo.

What about pistols? 3 rounds max, or can I have a full magazine; i.e. 10 or 15 rounds?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Im not even sure if you can legally transport them from Fla. over the Pa. state line..
Why not? I haven't read anything in the PA gun laws that would prevent me from doing so. In fact, PA has a reciprocity agreement with FL when it even comes to concealed weapons.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 PM

I know its Recip. I have a LTC but I think thats just handguns...you can have only 3 rounds in your clip on state gameland ranges.. you can pop them off as fast or slow as you want, then you have to reload. there is no restriction on what type firearm, I have seen 50 cals being sighted in.. Let me research firearms across state lines, I do know there are restrictions, but not sure of the specifics.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I know its Recip. I have a LTC but I think thats just handguns...you can have only 3 rounds in your clip on state gameland ranges.. you can pop them off as fast or slow as you want, then you have to reload. there is no restriction on what type firearm, I have seen 50 cals being sighted in.. Let me research firearms across state lines, I do know there are restrictions, but not sure of the specifics.
OK, I appreciate any info you could find out and give me. I am fairly certain however that there are no restrictions on transporting handguns or long arms over state lines (NY and some other states excluded) into PA unless they've changed the laws within the last 2 months. Better to be safe than sorry though!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM

I did a very quick google, Jersey has some restrictions on transporting, but as long as your firearms are legal/ licensed or whatever in Fla. you have no problems bring them to Pa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania