Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 07:25 PM

25 posts, read 91,285 times

Advertisements

Okay, lets get out of Old Forge and head toward Dallas for some REAL pizza,
Pizza Perfect on Carverton Road is just great, crunch, taste, service and cold
beer -- don't get much better !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I never understood the appeal of Old Forge pizza. I guess maybe because I didn't grow up in this area. I've always known pizza to come in pies with slices, not trays with cuts. And to me real pizza has mozzarella cheese on it, not American or cheddar. Old Forge pizza tastes like the pizza you had in the cafeteria in high school. It didn't taste that great but you ate it anyway because it was pizza and was served on Fridays. To me it's just not appetizing.

That pizza shop in Dickson City next to Circuit City, Basillico's has excellent pizza. The owner is from Long Island, so they know a thing or two on how to make good pizza.
Quote:
I just don't understand how Old Forge can call themselves 'The Pizza Capital of the World' when they serve such inferior pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasPA View Post
Grotto Pizza is tasty & satisfying.....good sauce, thin crust. The one at the Bloomsburg Fair is among the food vendors off of the west end of the race track (toward Danville) but I usually go to nearby 'Top o' the Beef' for one of their 'home grown' beef or ham sandwiches........cooked on an open fire right before your glowing eyes, you carnivores.....

Grotto is a small chain that started life at Harveys Lake. They have another unit at the Wyoming Valley Mall, some in Maryland, among others. If I'm going to have Grotto I enjoy going to Harvey's Lake for it, then to take a nice drive around the nine mile perimeter of the lake...it's a mini-vacation. *burp*
Okay, before you get toooo far around Harveys Lake, WHO is HARVEY ???
Does anyone know ?????

Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
All I'm saying is that pizza is an Italian food and should have Italian cheese on it like mozzarella. That's real pizza. I guess us New Yorkers think our pizza is the best because New York is one of the biggest cities in the world and we know good food. They sometimes say that NY is the center of the universe and has something to offer for everybody. I guess our pizza isn't an offer a lot of people native to NEPA likes. That's cool though, like you said different strokes for different folks.
Your wrong about NYC being the center of the universe !!! Another thread
suggests that Olyphant, PA is the center of the universe !!!!
Imagine that !!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 AM

414 posts, read 1,779,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metome View Post
Okay, before you get toooo far around Harveys Lake, WHO is HARVEY ???
Does anyone know ?????
His last name is Slake. Harvey Slake....'Harv' to his pals.....

Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 AM

22 posts, read 54,801 times
Default Revello's, Ghigiarelli's

Best red- Revello's- Old Forge
Best White- Ghigiarelli's

When you grow up on this stuff, nothing compares. It depends on what kind you were used to eating as you grew up. All food in Old forge is awesome!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 07:26 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
You are right, Mrs Fish. To me, Revello's red is pizza heaven.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:20 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorsdad View Post
You are right, Mrs Fish. To me, Revello's red is pizza heaven.
best red-revello's--best white ---revello's

followed by maroni's(ARE THEY STILL AROUND?)---and brownie's

best food ghigiarelli's----also ranks high for favorite relatives!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 AM

11 posts, read 21,896 times
Thumbs up Brooklyn pizza is the pizza all others are rated on

Being Brooklyn born, and raised in the heart of Brooklyn i know Pizza
and pizza comes either by slice or by the "PIE"
when in Brooklyn you say, "im gonna get a pie for lunch" no-one thinks its apple or blueberry "Trust me". Now i Live in Long Island NY and Gouldsboro Pa and i guess its hard to find pizza that compares to Brooklyn but as i always say "Bad pizza is better than No Pizza any day" I havent been to many pizza places in the pocono area yet only there about 6 mos. I found adecent place called Mendacino's in the Bill's Super market plaza near Moscow. and judgeing by the wait to get in it cant be too bad. The Pizza is passable. And thats a good thing!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
best red-revello's--best white ---revello's

followed by maroni's(ARE THEY STILL AROUND?)---and brownie's

best food ghigiarelli's----also ranks high for favorite relatives!
Yes, Maroni's is still around....very good as well.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 AM

You order a pie in NE PA, and you'll be asked whether you want pumpkin or apple or blueberry, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania