Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:12 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,739,025 times

Advertisements

I can't read the thread........OK sorry.......I just do not sleep If I read or hear this on TV or where ever.
I just want to warn everyone to be careful with your pets.
Having lived most of my life in New Jersey, the things that I hear about here are things I have never, ever, experienced. ( Sorry Pa ,because I still love this state)
My Mom personally, years ago watched two men grab a neighbors dogs,two big ones, and put them in a van.....they were hollering like crazy. She was so frightened as she had her dog, that she raced home, very fast.
These dogs were never seen again.
I always hear of pets missing from decks, from front yards......
There was even a warning once in the newspaper to look out for suspicious vans that might be roaming your neighborhood.
I know that a neighbor could not get a dog from a pound in NJ because the owner of the dog there would not release it to "anyone" from Pa. Even though he was a respectable person and family man.
People can post it is all over. But, I really don't think so. I can't remember a story of vans snatching dogs in New Jersey. Nor pets missing from decks.
I felt sometimes maybe it was for local labs and they are getting paid.........
And that was bad enough!
But, this horror of a story.......I just glance.......but I can not read a full sentence.
These people need to be caught and given some very big sentence.
Is there even one big enough on the Books!
I'm afraid if they were before me as a judge, they'd get "life"........nothing less.
I hope they are found and found soon........
Someone needs to follow these people and find their location......some PI should help.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 AM

522 posts, read 966,352 times
OK Folks, I looked it up, here is your chance to act on this..
The following bills are coming up and some..as marked on here are actually IN SESSION RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

1. Bill #Pa S.B. 32 Cruelty to animals covered by protection order.
IN SESSION
2.Pa H.B. #365 Kennel licensing..(this one is specific about cruelty and especially will finally make it possible to stop cruelty by puppy mills pretending to be a kennel.
in session
3.Pa HB # 499 Animal cruelty and forfeiture
this allows an owner caught abusing to pay for the injuries and expenses, and forfeit the animal to a shelter.

4.HB 442 Increases penalties for Cruelty!
And it is in session right now!!

5.HB 779 Sunday Hunting
This one actually is to increase the "hunting week" This one is being opposed by the humane society for the obvious safety reasons.
(It is Monday thru Saturday now)Anyone hiking,bicycling on Sunday would have to be alot more careful!!..in Pennsylvania.

6.HB 251 Bear and Deer Baiting Bill
This one would ALLOW a terribly SHORT shooting distance (only 150 yards from any baiting station!---and that could mean your property is nearby!!!!)
and would also ALLOW the actual baiting of Bear and Deer !! As if there arent enough deer running around to shoot now!!!Boxes of candy piled in the woods!!??? I dont think so!!!!
THIS BILL IS IN SESSION!!!

I come from a hunting family and I think this is ludicrous because it is unsportsman-like to do so.

7. S.B. 1150 Bans Live Animals as targets
This bill is regarding internet hunting .
Humane Society is supporting this one too.

8. H.R. 1691 To end the use of Steel Jawed leghold traps on animals.
This bill is to stop the use of these, and the Humane Society is asking people to support it and get ahold of your house of Reps and Senate about the same.

These are all on the Humane Society web site as well, just type Humane Society into your search bar and it will come up.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:06 AM

Almost forgot one ..and it's a big one..

S.714/H.R. 1280
The Pet Safety and Prevention Act.. also known as Buck's Bill.
THIS SPECIFICALLY deals with CLASS B DEALERS..these are the people who take stolen pets from their own sources..(your backyard??!!!)... alot of times these are FAMILY pets and sell them to the laboratories!!!!

Buck was a dog they rescued from these people ..you can find the whole thing on the humane society page .

This bill PREVENTS family pets from being sold to laboratories and research facilities.
I do believe this is part of the "farm bill" that is coming up NOW!!!

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SENATORS/reprensentatives on this one
Arlen Specter and
Casey Jr.
Boy I am glad I looked this up!!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:45 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,739,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
Almost forgot one ..and it's a big one..

S.714/H.R. 1280
The Pet Safety and Prevention Act.. also known as Buck's Bill.
THIS SPECIFICALLY deals with CLASS B DEALERS..these are the people who take stolen pets from their own sources..(your backyard??!!!)... alot of times these are FAMILY pets and sell them to the laboratories!!!!

Buck was a dog they rescued from these people ..you can find the whole thing on the humane society page .

This bill PREVENTS family pets from being sold to laboratories and research facilities.
I do believe this is part of the "farm bill" that is coming up NOW!!!

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SENATORS/reprensentatives on this one
Arlen Specter and
Casey Jr.
Boy I am glad I looked this up!!!!
Thank you so much Gretchen, i have a hard time reading pet stories I really do. I just can get so sick over it. I most the time have to avoid them.
I hope everyone reads this though........
It is really, really, happening. It happened right in front of my Mom with someones two, house pets.
That story remains in my heart like a big, huge, brick.
Whatever in the world happened to those two pets? I hurts to think of it......
I will go to that site, and I hope something happens soon.
Thanks so much for posting this.........
Really, you could have even made a thread to get more people to help sign these petitions to help...........

Old 11-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Summering,
I sent a message about this and posting actual information hope I can do the described.
Everybody..please help!!!!
I am fairly new to this site, am finding this to be very helpfull if we can use it to reach people.Thank you.......Gretchen

Old 11-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Please see the new thread for legislation !!!
HELP!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,175 times
Default Why is there so much animal cruelty,,,,,,

There is animal cruelty everywhere as well as child abuse, crime, drugs, alcoholism, etc. Why Lehigh Valley Native would question why you would even say anything about this puzzles me. Why any decent human being would not question any of the terrible things that happen, including why a deranged mind that would beat, kill and skin a mother and her two puppies, is scary. Why make it a debate about which is worse???? It is ALL horrific and no one should now turn it into a debate about what receives more press. A lot of times with abuse cases in humans, they choose not to have it reported due to their own privacy issues. But abuse againt 3 helpless dogs is also the earmark of a sick mind. If you don't find this horrible as well, I'm sorry for you.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:30 PM

32,633 posts, read 77,870,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascott397 View Post
There is animal cruelty everywhere as well as child abuse, crime, drugs, alcoholism, etc. Why Lehigh Valley Native would question why you would even say anything about this puzzles me. Why any decent human being would not question any of the terrible things that happen, including why a deranged mind that would beat, kill and skin a mother and her two puppies, is scary. Why make it a debate about which is worse???? It is ALL horrific and no one should now turn it into a debate about what receives more press. A lot of times with abuse cases in humans, they choose not to have it reported due to their own privacy issues. But abuse againt 3 helpless dogs is also the earmark of a sick mind. If you don't find this horrible as well, I'm sorry for you.
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but it is five dogs now, not just three.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,413,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but it is five dogs now, not just three.
Don't they say, future serial killers start with mutilating and killing animals first.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:38 PM

40 posts, read 286,383 times
All I have to say about this is that these people deserve to die once caught. I could never see why anyone would do such a thing. In a way this disgust me so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania