Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 06:38 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I think they should be outlawed completely. It's a safety issue concerning noise. Just if I was riding around in a car with no muffler. It would be annoying to me and others and I would be fined if I didn't get it fixed.
SAFETY.....like I said you cannot operate a "deadly" weapon with bass blasting...if you think it is ok, think....why are airplane,ship...cockpits/bridges...quiet zones.....next time you fly would you feel safe if the pilot was jamming...since he is not "annoying" anyone just controlling the lives of his passengers and those on the ground, where he may crash.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Your train experience sounds like my bass experience; keep in mind my neighbor's house is less than 20 feet away...the car 10 feet from bedroom...closer than your train. The tracks were also already there so you knew.... we agree to disagree... depends on which side of the car you are on...lol...but missing work...is not just an annoyance...it's your health and livelihood.

Why would you miss work?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 AM

You guys *really* think that people spend thousands of dollars on systems...just to annoy you?? Really?!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,660,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You guys *really* think that people spend thousands of dollars on systems...just to annoy you?? Really?!
Then why do they do it? It is it really necessary to hear bass pounding at those decibels and for everyone else to hear it. They're ignorant, showoffs who don't care about others.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 AM

Have you ever been IN a car like that? From what I understand it sounds amazing IN the car. It is your OPINION they are ignorant showoffs. LOL Also a lot of these guys are great designers and mechanics. These cars are their hobby.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:04 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,660,293 times
Quote:
Have you ever been IN a car like that? From what I understand it sounds amazing IN the car. It is your OPINION they are ignorant showoffs. LOL Also a lot of these guys are great designers and mechanics. These cars are their hobby.
No I haven't and I don't know anyone that has one. I wouldn't want to be in one because I wouldn't be able to think straight or concentrate with that much sound in that small of an enclosed space. Remember, I'm not against loud music, at a concert or club, but this is taking it to the extreme. What I can't believe is how long this thread is going on for, but I think it makes for good discussion.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Anyone spending thousands of dollars....that proves our point.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,036,493 times
Quote:
Have you ever been IN a car like that?
No, but even in a car with a normal, stock stereo, I have to get my friends to turn it down. I've even taken earplugs with me when I know that I'm going to be riding with a friend who can't manage to turn the stereo down.
Quote:
From what I understand it sounds amazing IN the car.
So, you haven't either? Why did you ask the question, then?
Quote:
It is your OPINION they are ignorant showoffs.
That is a fact. They're ignorant of the invasive nature of their noises, or they know about it and are too ignorant to fix the problem. They are a lot of other things too. Would you like a list?
Quote:
LOL Also a lot of these guys are great designers and mechanics.
No they're not. If they were so smart, their stereos wouldn't be audible outside their vehicles. It turns out that they're nuisance, noise-bully mechanics. There's a difference.
Quote:
These cars are their hobby.
Being a nuisance is not a hobby. It's no more of a hobby than sitting on the train with your headphones blaring for everyone else to hear, or talking on a cell phone in a restaurant.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 AM

I'm done, we are nit-picking...well I'm starting to.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM

Well... I have to open my big mouth again...but why would any of us want to sit in one of these cars to listen to their "thousands of dollars" stereo systems......I can hear/feel "the love", from many blocks away....just asking....and I was "deaf" for a week from my last Aerosmith concert.......we all like music. Like NYRangers said there is a time and a place....just show respect for each other......"they" blast music out of disrespect!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania