Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:32 PM

373 posts, read 822,094 times

Advertisements

My First Place episode "$50,000 Gamble" is rotating through Hulu right now (originally aired in April 2012). An engaged couple is looking to purchase their first house in Del Ray. The buyers, who both work as management consultants on federal contracts, benefit from having a six-figure down payment and a father who is a building contractor. They've already looked at 30 homes. And they're really fixated on finding space for numerous bicycles. That said, this is a good episode. Some of the narration about Alexandria and Arlington had me scratching my head, but I suppose that all of these shows edit footage for dramatic effect and geographic accuracy isn't really a priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 AM

8,984 posts, read 21,190,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiketsu View Post
My First Place episode "$50,000 Gamble" is rotating through Hulu right now (originally aired in April 2012). An engaged couple is looking to purchase their first house in Del Ray. The buyers, who both work as management consultants on federal contracts, benefit from having a six-figure down payment and a father who is a building contractor. They've already looked at 30 homes. And they're really fixated on finding space for numerous bicycles. That said, this is a good episode. Some of the narration about Alexandria and Arlington had me scratching my head, but I suppose that all of these shows edit footage for dramatic effect and geographic accuracy isn't really a priority.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-19-2014, 10:01 AM

104 posts, read 171,230 times
Being a Realtor I love these shows. I actually sent an email to House Hunters about 6 months ago and they just got back to me. They weren't interested in us for our Virginia real estate buyers but our Paphos, Cyprus real estate company. It was House Hunters International and a guy from NY sent a very informal email asking if we had any buyers in Paphos that want to be on the show. I replied last week saying "Yes!" and that I look forward to hearing more about it but no word back yet. I'll update here if it ever moves forward. Fingers crossed! It would be the best advertising ever in my opinion.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:05 AM

2,737 posts, read 5,461,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleoShahateet View Post
Being a Realtor I love these shows. I actually sent an email to House Hunters about 6 months ago and they just got back to me. They weren't interested in us for our Virginia real estate buyers but our Paphos, Cyprus real estate company. It was House Hunters International and a guy from NY sent a very informal email asking if we had any buyers in Paphos that want to be on the show. I replied last week saying "Yes!" and that I look forward to hearing more about it but no word back yet. I'll update here if it ever moves forward. Fingers crossed! It would be the best advertising ever in my opinion.
Great! I especially like HH International.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:24 AM

373 posts, read 822,094 times
And I look forward to seeing some stunning shots of the scenery in Cyprus.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:47 PM

104 posts, read 171,230 times
Yes, it is a great place for some fantastic views and lots of history. I am really eager to hear back. If I don't hear by next week I will follow up with him to see what is going on. There was one episode that I know of in Larnaca already, but never in Paphos so now is a good time!

Old 04-19-2014, 10:05 PM

22,503 posts, read 12,045,965 times
Since this thread has been resurrected ---

Over a year ago, they had a young couple who was renting in Falls Church and wanted to buy a house there in the 350+ range. Their realtor found a small, older home but the couple didn't like it. So, the realtor convinced them to look in Herndon. While watching, I recognized the first Herndon home they saw. It was on a cul-de-sac off Herndon Parkway near the intersection of Rt. 606. When they show NoVA, I never saw a neighborhood that I recognized right off the bat before so it was surprising to see a place that I recognized.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 AM

359 posts, read 477,462 times
For what it is worth... I got in contact with HGTV about this show during my recent home search. They don't want to be involved until you have actually made a decision. From there, all of searching and questioning is "faked". I ended up not getting back with them as my move was already stressful enough without having a TV show involved.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:47 PM

8,984 posts, read 21,190,803 times
Did anyone catch House Hunters from this past Tuesday? It featured a couple with a $1 million budget looking at houses in Loudoun County. They didn't specify the neighborhoods but my educated guess would be that they were towards the western side of the county.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:22 PM

9,887 posts, read 14,159,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Did anyone catch House Hunters from this past Tuesday? It featured a couple with a $1 million budget looking at houses in Loudoun County. They didn't specify the neighborhoods but my educated guess would be that they were towards the western side of the county.
The house they bought (big old farmhouse) was north of Leesburg on Rt 15. I remember looking at it online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia