Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 PM

46 posts, read 236,240 times

Advertisements

the show used to be a bit different....they'd show the family/individual looking at the usual 3 home interior/exteriors...but they'd show you what # house it was...and then show you some quick exterior shots with #s for them, too... Showing that finding a house isn't as simple as looking at 3 houses...sometimes its 25-50-100 or more...

This one tonight with the pregnant woman/husband is old!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,147,962 times
I liked last night's show. The homes looked more like I expected places in Alexandria to look. I guess that was the Del Rey neighborhood? I'm glad they mentioned the commute and the metro, too. Also, once again a house backed to a major road (395). Is that just coincidence or do you think they look for houses like that because they add a little drama to the show? Or, is that all you can find for sale in Alexandria?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:25 PM

So tonight I hope they venture at little more into Northern Virginia. Alexandria's great, but just once I wish the outside world realized there's more to Northern Virginia than Alexandria. How about scouting for homes in McLean? Or Vienna? Or one of the historic homes in Occoquan? Or horse property out near Middleburg?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:11 PM

652 posts, read 1,307,937 times
"Property Virgins" on Wednesday was in Vienna and Fairfax.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:52 PM

487 posts, read 1,360,477 times
I love the show, and I agree. More North Virginia homes are needed.
In fact they should change the name of the show to DC House Hunters.
Im willing to share airtime with the District and Mary Land.

DC Property Virgins.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:54 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,358,001 times
I saw a guy I used to work with and his home on Real Estate Intervention. It was kind of funny. They change the last names on the show. I don't remember what they changed it to, but it was a bit dorky.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I saw a guy I used to work with and his home on Real Estate Intervention. It was kind of funny. They change the last names on the show. I don't remember what they changed it to, but it was a bit dorky.
LOL, I always wondered if they was what they do.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,295,570 times
If you see any in NOVA, and can somehow find a link in youtube or somewhere, I'd love to see!

I saw one take place in DC's Maryland suburbs. Really cool houses, although expensive!

I also agree that the show is a great way to view the different areas/houses/places around the country, and around the world as well. I saw one episode where a guy who was outpriced of San Diego, blindly went to Denver (which is also high priced, but not AS high priced). For the value he wanted to go, he got an absolute dump! In the end, I had the feeling he was STUCK in Denver, and would be trying to get back to San Diego as soon as he could.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,264,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
If you see any in NOVA, and can somehow find a link in youtube or somewhere, I'd love to see!

I saw one take place in DC's Maryland suburbs. Really cool houses, although expensive!

I also agree that the show is a great way to view the different areas/houses/places around the country, and around the world as well. I saw one episode where a guy who was outpriced of San Diego, blindly went to Denver (which is also high priced, but not AS high priced). For the value he wanted to go, he got an absolute dump! In the end, I had the feeling he was STUCK in Denver, and would be trying to get back to San Diego as soon as he could.
Denver got hit pretty hard by the real estate crash. Houses there are a steal compared to still relatively healthy and DC-level-expensive San Diego. They had house intervention show out in Denver and houses out there are half of what you pay for here or in San Diego.

But yeah they did my first place or something like that for a couple that bought a condo just a few blocks from my current place it was nice to see my hood on tv.

I also think my old neighborhood was on another episode but I haven't been able to find it online just yet. They had a couple looking at townhouses in Ashburn and I've seen them house hunting in previously mentioned Alexandria, Silver Spring, and Bethesda.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM

29 posts, read 89,307 times
How funny! I just went through my on demand to see if there were any episodes in NOVA as we are in the process of moving. I would do the show, but we will be renting for two years until our son graduates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia