Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:42 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,170,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatelover View Post
I looked it up for you Tonight's show is in DC, and tomorrow is in Alexandria.
Thanks! I can't wait. 9:00 tonight, I'll be in front of the tv, waiting to see what DC neighborhood gets toured. I sure hope they show photos of the neighborhood and not just stock shots of the capital building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 07:22 PM

884 posts, read 2,648,218 times
I love House Hunters! Tonight's episode has me in awe. The 2nd house (a Ryan house)--why do they always look similar? That house would be 200k back in my home town-lol but I know this area has the jobs!
Hubby and I are going to be looking this spring. I "could" do this show if the camera did not add 15 pounds!

I would also make sure I say all the annoying buz words! Granite,stainless steel,look this house has big windows and a yard for fluffy-oooooh wow.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:36 PM

9,782 posts, read 15,849,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
I love House Hunters! Hubby and I are going to be looking this spring. I "could" do this show if the camera did not add 15 pounds!

I would also make sure I say all the annoying buz words! Granite,stainless steel,look this house has big windows and a yard for fluffy-oooooh wow.
My favorite line that nearly everyone says is, "this house would be perfect for entertaining" as if all of these people are throwing parties every weekend. Buy a house that's perfect for everyday not for the once in the blue moon that you entertain.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
My favorite line that nearly everyone says is, "this house would be perfect for entertaining" as if all of these people are throwing parties every weekend.
LOL, that's so true! Last night's episode featured three homes in Alexandria. Does anyone know what section of Alexandria it was? I was really surprised to see how new the homes were. It looked more like Ashburn than like what I expected to see in Alexandria.

I couldn't believe they chose the house that didn't have a toilet or any kitchen appliances! I guess that blows the theory that home sellers need to buy all new appliances to attract a buyer.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:44 AM

247 posts, read 689,627 times
Maybe it was just me but the husband in last night's episode was driving me crazy--having his shirts separated by color, with one inch in between. Rules for his wife include taking all the bags off the dry cleaning....If I had such "rules" for my wife I wouldn't have my wife for long. And they had to have their own separate bathrooms? He was aggravating.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,396,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
LOL, that's so true! Last night's episode featured three homes in Alexandria. Does anyone know what section of Alexandria it was? I was really surprised to see how new the homes were. It looked more like Ashburn than like what I expected to see in Alexandria.

I couldn't believe they chose the house that didn't have a toilet or any kitchen appliances! I guess that blows the theory that home sellers need to buy all new appliances to attract a buyer.
I was curious about where the homes were too. I thought Alexandria was way more dense than that. Some of those homes had big yards.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 AM

12 posts, read 27,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
Maybe it was just me but the husband in last night's episode was driving me crazy--having his shirts separated by color, with one inch in between. Rules for his wife include taking all the bags off the dry cleaning....If I had such "rules" for my wife I wouldn't have my wife for long. And they had to have their own separate bathrooms? He was aggravating.
It wasn't just you... he was annoying. And he also caved on everything he was so totally against and annoyed by; such as a small yard, a door where he'd have to use his hands to put pins into the hinges (oh no!), and having an entire basement only to himself.

And I thought the guy from the Laurel episode was bad, with how he tore apart how awful his mother-in-laws apartment was in front of her... while she was letting her daughter and him shack up there for free, and in the Master Bedroom too - you could see her facial reactions to him saying everything... but this guy was worse.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
LOL, loved that they showed him clearing off the counter top and then his wife putting things back where they were.

Boy, I sure hope people don't think that's what most Virginians are like. Meanwhile, why do they insist on show stock shots of the Capital Building instead of shots of the neighborhoods? I think they threw these particular shows together in a hurry.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM

214 posts, read 500,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
LOL, loved that they showed him clearing off the counter top and then his wife putting things back where they were.

Boy, I sure hope people don't think that's what most Virginians are like. Meanwhile, why do they insist on show stock shots of the Capital Building instead of shots of the neighborhoods? I think they threw these particular shows together in a hurry.
Haha, I also enjoyed the counter top part. What a way for them to compromise!

I think they do that a lot in showing just the big shots of the city. Like when they're in Nashville, they always show the "batman building". But it would've been nice to get an idea where in Alexandria they were-- I couldn't tell!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 PM

1,249 posts, read 4,799,121 times
They recently filmed an episode based in Richmond, VA. It aired last Sunday, I believe.

The article from the local newspaper had some interesting points about production, including the fact that the family had already chosen the home before even filming; they had to re-create the "search" specifically for the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia