Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:20 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestlaxer View Post
You have not a clue to what you speak. The fraternity is large. They took swift action and have dealt with the situation.

Greeks vs GDIs...doesn't matter. Same **** happens when you want to join a click. Look at the club teams around campuses...same ritual behavior...more tomfoolery than violence...but each their own. Even varsity teams have rituals. Learned behavior...I believe it. You think that the term "SAE" is the only one that fits into that chant?

You are out of your mind if you do.
I'm just going to take a guess. You are a member at SAE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 PM

I guess I'm going to be the one to upset everybody, but until black rap musicians quit using that word i'm not gonna pay any attention to the phony outrage. I can't remember the name of the rapper but he was outraged when he saw the video of this kid using the N-word, this rapper is very famous for using the N-word in his music. I think he's a hypocrite.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:16 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I guess I'm going to be the one to upset everybody, but until black rap musicians quit using that word i'm not gonna pay any attention to the phony outrage. I can't remember the name of the rapper but he was outraged when he saw the video of this kid using the N-word, this rapper is very famous for using the N-word in his music. I think he's a hypocrite.
I'm with you, Okie. They need to get over themselves and stop using that word instead of making it dominate their conversations. If it's racist for me to say it, it's racist for anyone.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:44 AM

846 posts, read 1,881,472 times
Quote:
I'm just going to take a guess. You are a member at SAE.
In college I lived with SAEs and Sigma Chis...other than their letters you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Ironically I also played sports, and much of the freshman initiations were identical.

The Omega Psi Phi fraternity would come into the cafeteria and bark and then yell the n-word and their new members would get up, do a dance, and then run out of the room. Thank goodness that there weren't camera phones and social media then.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:21 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Ha! No moral dilemmas here.................(I saw a Nightline the other night that started out something like...."More racial tension in the American South. This time on the campus of the University of Oklahoma..."
emphasis added................

so it's settled. Oklahoma is officially southern?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY9v1Z0hZBY

Oh well...............

Old 03-13-2015, 02:06 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,509,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
emphasis added................

so it's settled. Oklahoma is officially southern?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY9v1Z0hZBY

Oh well...............

Well, this might be a scenario where the Yankees (in this case the Nightline producers) got it right.

As for your song, I've always enjoyed Shaver's voice especially. I saw him live in Deep Ellum about fifteen years ago. True human being, true Honky-Tonk Cowboy through and through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZN8QQ2EcdI

Old 03-13-2015, 02:36 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Right on brother........

Quote:

I have been against AA using the particular word since 1980 myself and to no avail , my immediate family members even use it. But to give Caucasian some insight on the mentality of Black who use the word Reggin is the least that I can do " Black use that word in defiant to white racist who used it when they were Murdering " and in many other ways carrying out theirs plan of African-American Genocide here in America. Black were sort of giving white racist the finger every time that they mouthed that word. We have a thing in ours culture of ( Reverse Speech ) like James Brown one of Black America Top Recording Artist singing about........... Super Bad.....(that's Super Good Not Super Bad In BLACK SPEAK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9CLOEOB5U

Old 03-14-2015, 01:29 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
It was not a word used in the home where I grew up and my children didn't say it, nor do I. I did not realize until Howest's explanation. I realize now that it is a matter of control for AAs to have over other races. They can say it, but no one else can. It's a power play... gonna show those people we can control them one way or another. It's almost motivation to make it part of every sentence. Wouldn't that be special?

Old 03-14-2015, 05:09 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
I hope that we drop the WORD today and move on to something else " Richard Pryor " one of the
Pioneers in the use of the word Reggin said that when he made his first trip to Africa he developed
a strong distaste for the word and saw how dumb it was. The use of the word started with HARD
CORE AA COMEDIAN AND HIP HOP ARTISTS after DR. Martin Luther King was Assassinated and BLACK
CHARACTER PRIDE and HONOR begin to take a nose dive....

Old 03-15-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Right on brother........

I have been against AA using the particular word since 1980 myself and to no avail , my immediate family members even use it. But to give Caucasian some insight on the mentality of Black who use the word Reggin is the least that I can do " Black use that word in defiant to white racist who used it when they were Murdering " and in many other ways carrying out theirs plan of African-American Genocide here in America. Black were sort of giving white racist the finger every time that they mouthed that word. We have a thing in ours culture of ( Reverse Speech ) like James Brown one of Black America Top Recording Artist singing about........... Super Bad.....(that's Super Good Not Super Bad In BLACK SPEAK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9CLOEOB5U
I actually know what you're saying, but it is a word I strongly dislike. just like Ruby that word was never allowed in our house. I think I have mentioned this before, but in the mid 60s our family moved to Georgia and my folks absolutely hated it there. There was only one word they called African-Americans, and that was Lazy N$@@&$s, or stinking,or dirty, or stupid... I was too young to know what was going on then, but even today my folks still talk about that and how sick it made them to hear that ALL THE TIME! That is one of the reasons I have little or no respect for most rap musicians.

I got a story I could tell, But I suspect you folks might think I was making it up. This story is the reason we move back to Oklahoma. If anyone's interested I'll post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City