Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 12:42 PM

24,285 posts, read 13,139,168 times

Advertisements

If there ever was one that should...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 02:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times

All famous OKLAHOMA Racist...........

Old 04-20-2016, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,428 times
I have been living in Oklahoma for 15 years and people are not openly racist. They do not hate other races but I also think they do not see them as equals. White people like to bond with white people only and black people have a reverse racism going on. I went to OU and OSU and since I went to college later and do not hang out with people, I notice segregation. I hang out with one white female once and she said, "I accept people of all races" like she has to say that to herself to make her feel better about hanging out with me? Just treat me like a human being with heart and soul. Cops like to pull over non-white people. It is not openly racist like they will call you name but you will feel like a second rate person not worthy of their time. What is more disgusting is there are bazillions of churches around here and they act the same way. We used to be in a church group and never get invited to outdoor picnics or events by the same church group. People at work are not respectful and I have a target on my forehead for mistakes etc because I'm foreign. If you are sociable and value friendship outside your own family, you will not be very happy in OK. This place makes me want to slash my wrist.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:13 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
You mean there are no racists in NYC? Wow! Would you be asking this question if you were moving to, say.....San Francisco?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump4congress View Post
I do agree with some of the previous posters on here. Racism still tends to be a trending problem in the Oklahoma Suburbs/small towns. It’s mainly the White Christian people who are racist in Oklahoma. Personally speaking, if you are a Minority, Nonwhite, a person of color, or YDLW (which means you don’t look white) I would keep harping you to avoid this state at all costs. If you are just coming here for a temporary visit, or just passing through to visit friends/family… Then I guess it’s okay… or for the time being coming here to study at the university or transfer for work/jobs, then it’s fine. I believe though you would be better off moving to Texas. Oklahoma still has a long ways to go, these people are more backwards than a crooked man on stencils. Plus if you move to white only areas it feels very isolated and closed off from the rest of the world.

For all Nonwhites to know and understand Oklahoma,

It’s like this…. Most White people out here are two faced, sly, cunning, Aloof (meaning that they have no interest nor care what is happening or going on in the world outside of Oklahoma) and street smart. Not very intellectual. When I call them street smart, I mean like they know what’s good for themselves and their interests. Work and school is kind of like forced integration, many people will work together and encounter people everyday that they don’t really like nor want to have anything to do with. A lot of the whites out here will be polite/ extra friendly to your face and smile, while engaging in small chit chat. Outside of work or school though, they really don’t want to get too involved or buddy buddy with you. If you are trying to date a White person out here, you can forget it. Remember out here, marrying or getting involved with white people here is like at the same time getting involved with their friends or family; so what their friends or family says or thinks… matters… you want my personal advice? If you like freedom or liberty, then avoid these Christian conservative families at all costs. They’re very dictating and manipulating people always trying to control and tell everyone what to do and what’s best for their lives.

If you are a nonwhite and you end up dating or having sexual relations with a white then more likely it will happen under the table or be hidden under the rug (Especially from the family).

People out here have like small town mentalities, like everyone has to know everyone’s business and what’s going on. I never talked to many people out here while staying in Oklahoma.

To the user on here who is from Ardmore, you make me laugh…. While I appreciate your positive attitudes. Ardmore is actually much more liberal and progressive compared to other parts of Oklahoma because most people who live in Ardmore do all their business, shopping, and exploring in Dallas, TX rather than OKC. Dallas, TX is much closer to Ardmore than OKC and I believe Ardmore is more influenced and open to Dallas, most of Ardmore are blue democrats.

These are the only Areas I would advise coming to in Oklahoma as they’re heavily diverse

1. Oklahoma City 594,389
2. Tulsa 309,450
3. Norman 110,925
4. Broken Arrow 98,850
5. Lawton 96,867
6. Edmond 81,405
7. Moore 55,081
8. Midwest City 54,371
9. Enid 49,379
10. Stillwater 45,688

Outside of these cities like small towns I would beg you to avoid

44. Coweta 9,943
45. Pryor 9,539
46. Clinton 9,033
47. The Village 8,929
48. Sallisaw 8,880
49. Poteau 8,520
50. Wagoner 8,323
51. Cushing 7,826
52. Newcastle 7,685
53. Blanchard 7,670
54. Seminole 7,488
55. Skiatook 7,397
56. Catoosa 7,151
57. Blackwell 7,092
58. Idabel 7,010
59. Anadarko 6,762
60. Grove 6,623
61. Noble 6,481
62. Tecumseh 6,457
63. Pauls Valley 6,187
64. Tuttle 6,019
65. Henryetta 5,927
66. Purcell 5,884
67. Holdenville 5,771
68. Vinita 5,743
69. Piedmont 5,720
70. Collinsville 5,606
71. Hugo 5,301
72. Perry 5,126
73. Watonga 5,111
74. Harrah 5,095
75. Lone Grove 5,054
76. Alva 4,945

Most of these towns to avoid are small towns and racist. Most of the white Christian racists live and operate in these towns.
I agree with you! Beware of white people here. I plan not to talk to any of them. No I don't hate them but after 15 years of trying to become just one of the people here, my being inferior will be slapped in my face in very passive aggressive manner.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Man, you must really get around. That's a lot of towns to know specifically where is good or bad. You sound just like The Topper, who I am 99% sure has never set foot in Oklahoma or 3/4th of the cities and states he claims to be an expert on.

As for your interracial crap, again, Oklahoma has the second highest rate of interracial marriage in the nation. You have no idea what you are talking about.

A quick note. Please explain how Catoosa can be a a terrible place and Tulsa a good one when Catoosa sits directly next to Tulsa as a suburb. Same thing with Purcell and Norman.

One that really surprised me is The Village. The Village isn't even really a town, it's a neighborhood inside of Oklahoma City that happens to have it's own city government. The Village doesn't have it's own schools, hardly has shopping. Here's a map, the gray blob is OKC and the tiny red dot is The Village. But then everyone from Oklahoma know this. But you didn't.

You get around more than I do , because I haven't even been to all of those towns in OK.....

There's more interracial coupling in OK because of the NDN and Whites Relationship , not anything
to do with AA and Caucasian couplings..........

Old 04-20-2016, 10:45 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Just read the subscribers' responses on this story, and tell me Oklahomans are not racist

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/uswor...f80d1dee8.html

Old 04-21-2016, 02:10 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Just read the subscribers' responses on this story, and tell me Oklahomans are not racist

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/uswor...f80d1dee8.html
It would appear that these responses are generally conservatives who are bashing the Obama administration for making this move.

I suspect that most red states would have a fair share of these same responses. But alas, that's why they are called "conservatives" since they are attempting to "conserve" the culture that they are comfortable with and try to stop change that they perceive as threatening.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump4congress View Post
I do agree with some of the previous posters on here. Racism still tends to be a trending problem in the Oklahoma Suburbs/small towns. It’s mainly the White Christian people who are racist in Oklahoma. Personally speaking, if you are a Minority, Nonwhite, a person of color, or YDLW (which means you don’t look white) I would keep harping you to avoid this state at all costs. If you are just coming here for a temporary visit, or just passing through to visit friends/family… Then I guess it’s okay… or for the time being coming here to study at the university or transfer for work/jobs, then it’s fine. I believe though you would be better off moving to Texas. Oklahoma still has a long ways to go, these people are more backwards than a crooked man on stencils. Plus if you move to white only areas it feels very isolated and closed off from the rest of the world.

For all Nonwhites to know and understand Oklahoma,

It’s like this…. Most White people out here are two faced, sly, cunning, Aloof (meaning that they have no interest nor care what is happening or going on in the world outside of Oklahoma) and street smart. Not very intellectual. When I call them street smart, I mean like they know what’s good for themselves and their interests. Work and school is kind of like forced integration, many people will work together and encounter people everyday that they don’t really like nor want to have anything to do with. A lot of the whites out here will be polite/ extra friendly to your face and smile, while engaging in small chit chat. Outside of work or school though, they really don’t want to get too involved or buddy buddy with you. If you are trying to date a White person out here, you can forget it. Remember out here, marrying or getting involved with white people here is like at the same time getting involved with their friends or family; so what their friends or family says or thinks… matters… you want my personal advice? If you like freedom or liberty, then avoid these Christian conservative families at all costs. They’re very dictating and manipulating people always trying to control and tell everyone what to do and what’s best for their lives.

If you are a nonwhite and you end up dating or having sexual relations with a white then more likely it will happen under the table or be hidden under the rug (Especially from the family).

People out here have like small town mentalities, like everyone has to know everyone’s business and what’s going on. I never talked to many people out here while staying in Oklahoma.

To the user on here who is from Ardmore, you make me laugh…. While I appreciate your positive attitudes. Ardmore is actually much more liberal and progressive compared to other parts of Oklahoma because most people who live in Ardmore do all their business, shopping, and exploring in Dallas, TX rather than OKC. Dallas, TX is much closer to Ardmore than OKC and I believe Ardmore is more influenced and open to Dallas, most of Ardmore are blue democrats.

These are the only Areas I would advise coming to in Oklahoma as they’re heavily diverse

1. Oklahoma City 594,389
2. Tulsa 309,450
3. Norman 110,925
4. Broken Arrow 98,850
5. Lawton 96,867
6. Edmond 81,405
7. Moore 55,081
8. Midwest City 54,371
9. Enid 49,379
10. Stillwater 45,688

Outside of these cities like small towns I would beg you to avoid

44. Coweta 9,943
45. Pryor 9,539
46. Clinton 9,033
47. The Village 8,929
48. Sallisaw 8,880
49. Poteau 8,520
50. Wagoner 8,323
51. Cushing 7,826
52. Newcastle 7,685
53. Blanchard 7,670
54. Seminole 7,488
55. Skiatook 7,397
56. Catoosa 7,151
57. Blackwell 7,092
58. Idabel 7,010
59. Anadarko 6,762
60. Grove 6,623
61. Noble 6,481
62. Tecumseh 6,457
63. Pauls Valley 6,187
64. Tuttle 6,019
65. Henryetta 5,927
66. Purcell 5,884
67. Holdenville 5,771
68. Vinita 5,743
69. Piedmont 5,720
70. Collinsville 5,606
71. Hugo 5,301
72. Perry 5,126
73. Watonga 5,111
74. Harrah 5,095
75. Lone Grove 5,054
76. Alva 4,945

Most of these towns to avoid are small towns and racist. Most of the white Christian racists live and operate in these towns.

I might as well have some fun and inflame the good racist of Oklahoma by putting all of the towns
and Cities that I have set foot in when living or visiting the Great State of Oklahoma ( In RED )....

Old 04-23-2016, 09:43 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
So many experts on racism in Oklahoma. Very impressive. Have any of the experts written books about it? If not, why not? The libraries need such a book on their shelves. I know there is racism here, but it is in every state, which is not to say it's all right, but that's how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City