Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 09:03 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,922,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesu View Post
I find this ridiculous. I have family that live in OK and they are the best people I know. My husband and I lived everywhere and you find all sorts of personalities all over the place. I know some CA people that are ignorant and bigoted. Does that make ALL Californians that way? Of course not.
There's some nice people in Oklahoma, too. They're down to earth types. Again, they're the crossed and not so trusting types there. Get an impression that they're not friendly and very guarded but can be violent to their own love ones at home in behind closed doors. You got those types, too. In Cali, they're a whole different ballgame. They can be obnoxious and belligerent. A lot of people in California are just ok with low expectation of them since it's not the "Bible Belt". California has way more diverse people. There aren't that many people who are stiff, stern and not trusting types. They would be friendly to people sometime in their circle but kind of wary of strangers. If they're your father, you get a "good ole whipping"!You got a lot of those types in Oklahoma, Alabama and to lesser extent, Mississippi, with few of in Texas as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,224 times
I do agree with some of the previous posters on here. Racism still tends to be a trending problem in the Oklahoma Suburbs/small towns. It’s mainly the White Christian people who are racist in Oklahoma. Personally speaking, if you are a Minority, Nonwhite, a person of color, or YDLW (which means you don’t look white) I would keep harping you to avoid this state at all costs. If you are just coming here for a temporary visit, or just passing through to visit friends/family… Then I guess it’s okay… or for the time being coming here to study at the university or transfer for work/jobs, then it’s fine. I believe though you would be better off moving to Texas. Oklahoma still has a long ways to go, these people are more backwards than a crooked man on stencils. Plus if you move to white only areas it feels very isolated and closed off from the rest of the world.

For all Nonwhites to know and understand Oklahoma,

It’s like this…. Most White people out here are two faced, sly, cunning, Aloof (meaning that they have no interest nor care what is happening or going on in the world outside of Oklahoma) and street smart. Not very intellectual. When I call them street smart, I mean like they know what’s good for themselves and their interests. Work and school is kind of like forced integration, many people will work together and encounter people everyday that they don’t really like nor want to have anything to do with. A lot of the whites out here will be polite/ extra friendly to your face and smile, while engaging in small chit chat. Outside of work or school though, they really don’t want to get too involved or buddy buddy with you. If you are trying to date a White person out here, you can forget it. Remember out here, marrying or getting involved with white people here is like at the same time getting involved with their friends or family; so what their friends or family says or thinks… matters… you want my personal advice? If you like freedom or liberty, then avoid these Christian conservative families at all costs. They’re very dictating and manipulating people always trying to control and tell everyone what to do and what’s best for their lives.

If you are a nonwhite and you end up dating or having sexual relations with a white then more likely it will happen under the table or be hidden under the rug (Especially from the family).

People out here have like small town mentalities, like everyone has to know everyone’s business and what’s going on. I never talked to many people out here while staying in Oklahoma.

To the user on here who is from Ardmore, you make me laugh…. While I appreciate your positive attitudes. Ardmore is actually much more liberal and progressive compared to other parts of Oklahoma because most people who live in Ardmore do all their business, shopping, and exploring in Dallas, TX rather than OKC. Dallas, TX is much closer to Ardmore than OKC and I believe Ardmore is more influenced and open to Dallas, most of Ardmore are blue democrats.

These are the only Areas I would advise coming to in Oklahoma as they’re heavily diverse

1. Oklahoma City 594,389
2. Tulsa 309,450
3. Norman 110,925
4. Broken Arrow 98,850
5. Lawton 96,867
6. Edmond 81,405
7. Moore 55,081
8. Midwest City 54,371
9. Enid 49,379
10. Stillwater 45,688

Outside of these cities like small towns I would beg you to avoid

44. Coweta 9,943
45. Pryor 9,539
46. Clinton 9,033
47. The Village 8,929
48. Sallisaw 8,880
49. Poteau 8,520
50. Wagoner 8,323
51. Cushing 7,826
52. Newcastle 7,685
53. Blanchard 7,670
54. Seminole 7,488
55. Skiatook 7,397
56. Catoosa 7,151
57. Blackwell 7,092
58. Idabel 7,010
59. Anadarko 6,762
60. Grove 6,623
61. Noble 6,481
62. Tecumseh 6,457
63. Pauls Valley 6,187
64. Tuttle 6,019
65. Henryetta 5,927
66. Purcell 5,884
67. Holdenville 5,771
68. Vinita 5,743
69. Piedmont 5,720
70. Collinsville 5,606
71. Hugo 5,301
72. Perry 5,126
73. Watonga 5,111
74. Harrah 5,095
75. Lone Grove 5,054
76. Alva 4,945

Most of these towns to avoid are small towns and racist. Most of the white Christian racists live and operate in these towns.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:00 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
You joined C-D just to make the above post? How many years did it take you to study all those towns to become an expert on Oklahoma or were you only passing through?

Old 02-04-2016, 12:20 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump4congress View Post
I do agree with some of the previous posters on here. Racism still tends to be a trending problem in the Oklahoma Suburbs/small towns. It’s mainly the White Christian people who are racist in Oklahoma. Personally speaking, if you are a Minority, Nonwhite, a person of color, or YDLW (which means you don’t look white) I would keep harping you to avoid this state at all costs. If you are just coming here for a temporary visit, or just passing through to visit friends/family… Then I guess it’s okay… or for the time being coming here to study at the university or transfer for work/jobs, then it’s fine. I believe though you would be better off moving to Texas. Oklahoma still has a long ways to go, these people are more backwards than a crooked man on stencils. Plus if you move to white only areas it feels very isolated and closed off from the rest of the world.

For all Nonwhites to know and understand Oklahoma,

It’s like this…. Most White people out here are two faced, sly, cunning, Aloof (meaning that they have no interest nor care what is happening or going on in the world outside of Oklahoma) and street smart. Not very intellectual. When I call them street smart, I mean like they know what’s good for themselves and their interests. Work and school is kind of like forced integration, many people will work together and encounter people everyday that they don’t really like nor want to have anything to do with. A lot of the whites out here will be polite/ extra friendly to your face and smile, while engaging in small chit chat. Outside of work or school though, they really don’t want to get too involved or buddy buddy with you. If you are trying to date a White person out here, you can forget it. Remember out here, marrying or getting involved with white people here is like at the same time getting involved with their friends or family; so what their friends or family says or thinks… matters… you want my personal advice? If you like freedom or liberty, then avoid these Christian conservative families at all costs. They’re very dictating and manipulating people always trying to control and tell everyone what to do and what’s best for their lives.

If you are a nonwhite and you end up dating or having sexual relations with a white then more likely it will happen under the table or be hidden under the rug (Especially from the family).

People out here have like small town mentalities, like everyone has to know everyone’s business and what’s going on. I never talked to many people out here while staying in Oklahoma.

To the user on here who is from Ardmore, you make me laugh…. While I appreciate your positive attitudes. Ardmore is actually much more liberal and progressive compared to other parts of Oklahoma because most people who live in Ardmore do all their business, shopping, and exploring in Dallas, TX rather than OKC. Dallas, TX is much closer to Ardmore than OKC and I believe Ardmore is more influenced and open to Dallas, most of Ardmore are blue democrats.

These are the only Areas I would advise coming to in Oklahoma as they’re heavily diverse

1. Oklahoma City 594,389
2. Tulsa 309,450
3. Norman 110,925
4. Broken Arrow 98,850
5. Lawton 96,867
6. Edmond 81,405
7. Moore 55,081
8. Midwest City 54,371
9. Enid 49,379
10. Stillwater 45,688

Outside of these cities like small towns I would beg you to avoid

44. Coweta 9,943
45. Pryor 9,539
46. Clinton 9,033
47. The Village 8,929
48. Sallisaw 8,880
49. Poteau 8,520
50. Wagoner 8,323
51. Cushing 7,826
52. Newcastle 7,685
53. Blanchard 7,670
54. Seminole 7,488
55. Skiatook 7,397
56. Catoosa 7,151
57. Blackwell 7,092
58. Idabel 7,010
59. Anadarko 6,762
60. Grove 6,623
61. Noble 6,481
62. Tecumseh 6,457
63. Pauls Valley 6,187
64. Tuttle 6,019
65. Henryetta 5,927
66. Purcell 5,884
67. Holdenville 5,771
68. Vinita 5,743
69. Piedmont 5,720
70. Collinsville 5,606
71. Hugo 5,301
72. Perry 5,126
73. Watonga 5,111
74. Harrah 5,095
75. Lone Grove 5,054
76. Alva 4,945

Most of these towns to avoid are small towns and racist. Most of the white Christian racists live and operate in these towns.
Man, you must really get around. That's a lot of towns to know specifically where is good or bad. You sound just like The Topper, who I am 99% sure has never set foot in Oklahoma or 3/4th of the cities and states he claims to be an expert on.

As for your interracial crap, again, Oklahoma has the second highest rate of interracial marriage in the nation. You have no idea what you are talking about.

A quick note. Please explain how Catoosa can be a a terrible place and Tulsa a good one when Catoosa sits directly next to Tulsa as a suburb. Same thing with Purcell and Norman.

One that really surprised me is The Village. The Village isn't even really a town, it's a neighborhood inside of Oklahoma City that happens to have it's own city government. The Village doesn't have it's own schools, hardly has shopping. Here's a map, the gray blob is OKC and the tiny red dot is The Village. But then everyone from Oklahoma know this. But you didn't.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:21 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Man, you must really get around. That's a lot of towns to know specifically where is good or bad. You sound just like The Topper, who I am 99% sure has never set foot in Oklahoma or 3/4th of the cities and states he claims to be an expert on.

As for your interracial crap, again, Oklahoma has the second highest rate of interracial marriage in the nation. You have no idea what you are talking about.

A quick note. Please explain how Catoosa can be a a terrible place and Tulsa a good one when Catoosa sits directly next to Tulsa as a suburb. Same thing with Purcell and Norman.

One that really surprised me is The Village. The Village isn't even really a town, it's a neighborhood inside of Oklahoma City that happens to have it's own city government. The Village doesn't have it's own schools, hardly has shopping. Here's a map, the gray blob is OKC and the tiny red dot is The Village. But then everyone from Oklahoma know this. But you didn't.
I think the Trump4Congress is the same user as heffersondodkins from a few pages back. He mentions me (the guy from Ardmore) in his post and if you read the heffersondodkins posts they are very similar in writing style to Trump4Congress. Pullin' a B-Chris on us here!

Swakester, I totally agree with you. Trump4Congress/Heffersondodkins doesn't know what he's talking about. Even when I lived down in podunk (which I love/prefer the country by the way and still live outside the city), not the OK City area, I saw interracial couples and biracial children not just some of the time, but often.

There are tons (tons) of Anglo/Native couples with children, like my family of origin. I also see more diversity in the coupling of young people as well. Just earlier this week, on Monday night, I took the wife to Deep Fork and there was a young Caucasian male with his very lovely African American bride. I would have bet my meal on the fact that no one would have considered such a pairing as odd. It's just not on people's minds.

To say that Oklahoma is racist because there is a lack of diversity in dating/coupling is nothing but an informed perspective. Yes, Oklahoma is a Southern/Southwestern state. However, the racial tension that is often associated with Southern states is almost nonexistent in the metro areas of OK City/Tulsa. I just don't see it. Does it happen in the rural area, a little bit. But that could be said of EVERY other state in the Union.

Again, of all the threads on the Oklahoma Forum, this is the one I wish the moderators would put away for good because it just gives a false impression of Oklahoma.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:19 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Bass&Catfish, I'm positive you meant to write: "To say that Oklahoma is racist because there is a lack of diversity in dating/coupling is nothing but an uninformed perspective."

Old 02-04-2016, 05:40 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Bass&Catfish, I'm positive you meant to write: "To say that Oklahoma is racist because there is a lack of diversity in dating/coupling is nothing but an uninformed perspective."
Thank you for the correction, Rubi. That's right.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 10,314 times
Hey Guys! now Trump4congress didn't say all Whites were bad or to avoid all whites! He says just to avoid white Christians! and I agree avoid White Christians! why? There racist! ;-(

Old 02-06-2016, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 10,314 times
OKlahoma highest rate of interracial dating/marriage? Why do you say that? Maybe because the population is less you might notice it more like previous users has said. majority of people here still don't interracial.

your right, maybe in 2015-2016 Oklahoma is not that racist It sure was back in the 80's, 90's. all you user's on here sound like old white people. Of course Oklahoma is not racist towards white people and you will notice nothing if you are white.

MOM.... the Blue eyed blonde haired kids keep claiming they have native American blood in them..... yet they know nothing about native American people, culture, nor want to have anything to do with them...

(MOM)- don't worry Autumn... these White kids must be from Oklahoma. Remember White people in OKLAhoma don't have a culture, so they stole the natives instead.

Mom...... There is a girl at school who looks full white and claims to have native American blood in her... but she won't date anyone who does not look white...... because she claims it will destroy white culture and her Christian values.....

(Mom)- "Autumn she must have been dropped on her head as a child! or drenched and brainwashed with racist fascist right wing ideology".

Old 02-07-2016, 11:57 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnBerk View Post
OKlahoma highest rate of interracial dating/marriage? Why do you say that? Maybe because the population is less you might notice it more like previous users has said. majority of people here still don't interracial.

your right, maybe in 2015-2016 Oklahoma is not that racist It sure was back in the 80's, 90's. all you user's on here sound like old white people. Of course Oklahoma is not racist towards white people and you will notice nothing if you are white.

MOM.... the Blue eyed blonde haired kids keep claiming they have native American blood in them..... yet they know nothing about native American people, culture, nor want to have anything to do with them...

(MOM)- don't worry Autumn... these White kids must be from Oklahoma. Remember White people in OKLAhoma don't have a culture, so they stole the natives instead.

Mom...... There is a girl at school who looks full white and claims to have native American blood in her... but she won't date anyone who does not look white...... because she claims it will destroy white culture and her Christian values.....

(Mom)- "Autumn she must have been dropped on her head as a child! or drenched and brainwashed with racist fascist right wing ideology".
So you created an all new user name for this? You aren't fooling anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City