Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedH71 View Post
I'm still interested in helping out as well. I have been reading horror stories about feral hogs in the Tulsa area now. Seems they're going on the rampage in various farms in the area. I'm only 2 hours or so away!
Peggy is no longer with the forum.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 AM

536 posts, read 1,538,441 times
Yes, I know. I'm posting this so other Oklahoma land owners who need assistance can ask. I am the original poster of this specific question.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
This is an old thread, why not start a new one?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This is an old thread, why not start a new one?
Don't you believe in recycling?

Old 10-30-2009, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 4,262 times
Just moved to Oklahoma in January, and would like to know of any public lands that may produce some good feral hog? My father is coming down from Montana to help tag team the effort. I've done a little research and it appears that the following counties will provide the best opportunity to take one.
1. McCurtain County
2. Carter County
3. Stephans County
4. Pushmataha County
Is this information correct? http://www.noble.org/ag/wildlife/feralhogs/OK-TXmap.htm
Also does any one know of any ranchers or farmers that can lend a hand in this adventure? Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:15 PM

536 posts, read 1,538,441 times
Think that map is old. Been starting to hear alot about hogs in Tulsa area now plus there are now feral hogs in Kansas. You're not allowed to hunt them in KS due to morons running the KS livestock comission which provides hunting licenses or regulations in KS, apparently. Now Oklahoma has hogs in all their counties but there are more in some areas than others.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Geez!! Maybe Sarah will be hunting from her chopper in Oklahoma. Or maybe she can just throw her books at the hogs.

FERAL HOGS

HB 2158 lets hunting businesses hire an airborne feral-hog sharpshooter.

Read more: NewsOK
NewsOK

Old 12-13-2009, 09:23 AM

3 posts, read 11,397 times
If any landowners wish to have some of there hog problems taken care of please email me. There is a group of us hunters here in Kansas that enjoy hunting and filling our freezers.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 PM

13 posts, read 24,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedH71 View Post
I was starting to get into hog hunting with my dogs in Texas when I had to relocate to Wichita, KS. Needless to say, hunting laws are very strict in KS even though we have feral hogs and hog hunting with dogs is not yet in vogue here so I'm looking to Oklahoma where I know it's done there. Is there anyone who hunts hogs with dogs? I would love to put my dog in on a hog again after a long time being away from the hunting scene. I'm also looking to possibly purchase a catahoula or a bmc or some kind of hog hunting dog pup. Please contact me direct at: TedH71@yahoo.com if you know of a bay pen or someone who is willing to have me tag along on a hunt since I am deaf but I can talk in spoken English and sign language. Thank you.
A SAFETY SUGGESTION--NOTICE YOU INDICATE YOU ARE DEAF AND "GETTING INTO HOG HUNTING" I ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONSIDER SOME OTHER SPORT. I HUNTED EXTENSIVELY WITH MY DAD WHEN I WAS GROWING UP AND SPENT MANY HOURS AND TRIPS INTO THE WOODS.

HEARING IS ONE INDISPENSABLE TOOL WE MUST HAVE WHEN IN THE WOODS.

LINE OF SIGHT TO ANY INCOMING DANGER--SUCH AS A HOG CHARGING FROM BEHIND- LINE OF SIGHT IS LIMITED IN FORESTS AND SO HEARING IS EXTREMELY VITAL.

My Passion is bass fishing! I fished with dad a lot when growing up, and got further into it when had my own family. I still fish often at age 72 about to turn 73.

I fish small streams,ponds, small lakes, wade or canoe or small boat. Makes my blood run red, and hot when catch even a 2 pound bacc.

To answer your question about hog hunting, I offer the following, which is limited, but all I know.

You and I apparently share a common passion---Love of the woods and outdoors.

Good luck to you in your search and sports.

I live on edge of eastern Oklahoma in the edge of the Quachita Forrests.
Have lived here since 1961 and travelled the extreme southeast and eastern areas -- in the montains-for my work. I am a outdoorsman, fishing is myu passion.

There are some wild hogs but I don't hear much about it. There are some government parks and forrests, and maybe yuouu could hunt there. I know a guy that is a big fisherman in Broken Bow, Oklahoma down in SE corner. I suspect he would know something about hog hunting.

From my gut, I think Arkansas would have more hog hunting as they have more mountainous areas.

But give that bassfishin' some thought!!!!

Sign me

bassfish

Old 12-17-2009, 05:55 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,421 times
I hate those hogs, they dig up everything. I had a guy trap 11 off my property a few months ago. he offer to give me one, no way I only eat domestic pig and not really a fan of that. Raising cattle, we are beef eaters.

I see hogs all the time, they are black hogs on my property. Behind me s thousands of undevelope land is probably why I have so many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma