Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomte View Post
Ohhhhh, look at the mega star actor calling out the nobody songwriter/singer...

I'm sure he'll go crying home to mommy now.

QFT
I never said that I was a mega-star. and I highly doubt I will ever be a mega-star. Just a regular actor who works and does guest shots on tv shows or films in small roles.

Besides, at least I support film making happening in Omaha. more than I can say for others who claim to love Omaha

btw, I am not just a actor.

I am also a discernment blogger (1 John 4:1)

a Hollywood Prayer Network supporter http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org

and aspiring Financial investor among other things.

and I have a lot of friends, including many female friends in their 20's and 30's (some of whom are single moms

so, there, I dont need to "cry" about things, I love my life.

btw, the song Cry by Godley and Creme is a under-rated 80's one hit wonder IMO

Last edited by billiefan2000; 07-18-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I wish i could rep you more for this.
why?

cause I said the truth? Conor 's music sucks, and he isnt famous for anything really than spewing his far left views.

Conor has to act like a MSLSD (I mean MSNBC crank) top compensate for his awful music

and btw I am right: I highly doubt the average omahan could name a CO song cause Conor has never had a a good or successful commercial hit.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:01 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
why?

cause I said the truth? Conor 's music sucks, and he isnt famous for anything really than spewing his far left views.

Conor has to act like a MSLSD (I mean MSNBC crank) top compensate for his awful music

and btw I am right: I highly doubt the average omahan could name a CO song cause Conor has never had a a good or successful commercial hit.
Rep is a good thing... I agreed with you...

Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times
The last 4 albums Bright Eyes released hit 10, 15, 4 and 13 on the charts. Just flat wrong to say nobody listens to his music

Old 07-18-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
The last 4 albums Bright Eyes released hit 10, 15, 4 and 13 on the charts. Just flat wrong to say nobody listens to his music
name me a hit song of his then

Old 07-18-2013, 04:11 PM

125 posts, read 143,629 times
just because a band doesn't have a charting hit doesn't mean they're not popular. only a specific type of music can make it on the radio these days, and plenty of people are fans of niche genres. indie rock is certainly quite popular with a certain subset of people

and for the record i hate bright eyes and most other bands of their ilk. i'm a prog guy myself, though, so i know about cult followings

Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times
Quote:
name me a hit song of his then
Real musicians are judged by albums not "hits."

Old 07-18-2013, 09:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
conor oberst actually dont count as a singer.

he is a far-left political activist who makes crappy music that no one really listens to and makes up for his crappy music by spewing his political opinions

I bet u could ask the average omahan to name a Conor Oberst song,

and they would say: "He's a singer? and "What the hell is that? and I thought he was some left-wing nutjob, I didnt know he's a singer" among other answers

So because you disagree with his political views, he's not a "real" musician? That's pretty laughable, even for you, Billie. I mean hell, I don't even like that brand of emo/indie rock but I know who he was and can name you quite a few Bright Eyes songs. I know lots of people here in Florida who are into that genre of music and are fans of theirs as well.

How about 311 though? Two decades of mainstream success, one of the pioneers of an entire musical genre, and about a billion hit singles. Does that satisfy your criteria?

Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 AM

it isnt his political views.

the fact he spends more time trying to spew his politics than actually making good music is why I dont like him or his music.

If his music wasnt as terrible, I could care less about his politics.

and there plenty of crappy musicians on the right too. and there are good singers on the left also.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:54 AM

I btw happen to be a 311 fan bosco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: