Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times

Advertisements

Some of the most materialistic women on planet earth... there are good women but they are an endangered species here. Remember that any woman who is FIT thinks that she can score a man making at least $200,000, this is not a joke...women have mentioned this to my face "I am hot and I want a man that makes that much", well with that attitude you know what you can expect from women here. But many times they get played as well since many men who make $50,000 live like they are making $200k, this is the place were IMAGE is everything to many people and they do everything to drive fancy cars and hang out in fancy restaurants even if they don't have $5 in their bank account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM

62 posts, read 251,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Some of the most materialistic women on planet earth... there are good women but they are an endangered species here. Remember that any woman who is FIT thinks that she can score a man making at least $200,000, this is not a joke...women have mentioned this to my face "I am hot and I want a man that makes that much", well with that attitude you know what you can expect from women here. But many times they get played as well since many men who make $50,000 live like they are making $200k, this is the place were IMAGE is everything to many people and they do everything to drive fancy cars and hang out in fancy restaurants even if they don't have $5 in their bank account.
Such a shame...I just turned in my BMW 335 for a Volkswagen Passat. The passat is so nice and I'm saving lots of money!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
TRUTH.

This is most obvious when you drive into the Newport Beach Apartment complexes. Where you will see all the fancy BMW's, Benzo and even Lambo's parked out front 1 bedroom apartments overlooking the PCH or Jamboree LOL. It's a sad sad place.

OC needed more Sunset Beach and less Newport Beach.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
While I had my surfer girls on the side and a steady girlfriend in LA..dating in Newport just plain sucks..pretty much everything that has been written on this thread has some serious validity. I had absolutley zero problems meeting and going out with attractive women but most of the time it was like conversing with tuna............ It's bad when my old therapist in NB who will go unnamed recommended I buy a new Porsche so I could fit in to the local dating scene a bit better..TRUE STORY..

Last edited by Scott5280; 04-19-2012 at 05:33 AM..

Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
If you want to date someone made mostly of plastic, get a blow up doll. Less expensive, less whiney, and very likely more interesting personality.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM

174 posts, read 311,869 times
Well, I suppose in a way I can support the idea that Newport Beach can be fake...but really it's about who you expose yourself to. If you expect to meet quality women by going out to Sharkeez or another bar and the first question they ask is whether or not you drive a bmw or a benz I'd run... However, there are plenty of quality women there. I grew up in south orange county and could care less about how much money a guy makes, and to be honest if a guy does drive a benz, mercedes or audi it tends to make me not like them (seriously why waste money on a car that you could have spent significantly less on by buying a japanese car and getting all the same luxuries?). You can find some really down to earth girls at the climbing gym, out surfing, walking their dogs in the many greenbelts etc etc. I'm in Iowa now and whenever I go home I never head out to the bars or clubs but hang out with my sister at recreation doing some climbing, go surfing, eat some fish tacos, walk around the beach and enjoy a good beer with the beautiful sunset. So cal is gorgeous, and there are a lot of super nice people there too... you just have to not be close minded and realize that people tend to be in places where they fit... south coast plaza=possible gold digger scene... rockreation= fit people looking for some chill active fun... Good luck and hope you enjoy it!

However, if i can make a suggestion, live in costa mesa... my sister lived off santa ana ave and del mar/university ave just a few blocks from newport back bay where i went running every day when i visited...it was quiet, close to the freeway and not horribly overpriced. I love costa mesa.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
While I had my surfer girls on the side and a steady girlfriend in LA..dating in Newport just plain sucks..pretty much everything that has been written on this thread has some serious validity. I had absolutley zero problems meeting and going out with attractive women but most of the time it was like conversing with tuna............ It's bad when my old therapist in NB who will go unnamed recommended I buy a new Porsche so I could fit in to the local dating scene a bit better..TRUE STORY..
I admire you for not doing that. If there are two things I hate the most in south orange county when I'm on PCH is firstly: a tool in his bmw, mercedes, audi, porsche or land rover and secondly is a harley davidson weekend warrior that has been so modded up my poor eardrums become ruptured.

As I wrote above, its all about where you go to meet people... I have Iowa plates on my car now because I went to college there and went back home to visit my family recently and got yelled at in a parking lot by a young woman in the passenger side of a car to get out of her state... the irony was the car she was in had Arizona plates. I'm a CA native, but decided I wanted to experience something other than the bubble of OC. Granted I was likely raised differently as my parents were born and raised in the midwest with those values and that's what I was raised with... I do find it sad though that you had a gf and surfer girls on the side at the same time though.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstwahine View Post
I admire you for not doing that. If there are two things I hate the most in south orange county when I'm on PCH is firstly: a tool in his bmw, mercedes, audi, porsche or land rover and secondly is a harley davidson weekend warrior that has been so modded up my poor eardrums become ruptured.

As I wrote above, its all about where you go to meet people... I have Iowa plates on my car now because I went to college there and went back home to visit my family recently and got yelled at in a parking lot by a young woman in the passenger side of a car to get out of her state... the irony was the car she was in had Arizona plates. I'm a CA native, but decided I wanted to experience something other than the bubble of OC. Granted I was likely raised differently as my parents were born and raised in the midwest with those values and that's what I was raised with... I do find it sad though that you had a gf and surfer girls on the side at the same time though.
There it is, you are from midwestern stock...midwest women tend to be awesome IMO.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
There it is, you are from midwestern stock...midwest women tend to be awesome IMO.
Touche.

However, I have quite a few friends that are native californians who's parents grew up here as well and are wonderful people. But they got scooped up pretty quickly (likely because they are friendly, kind and not materialistic). It really is all about how you are raised. Believe me, midwestern doesn't necessarily mean good and honest, I learned that the hard way. Chicago suburb women are some of the most superficial gold diggers I have ever met in my life (there are definitely exceptions).

I'm fit, attractive, educated and I'd like to think a good person, but you will never find me out at bars, but you will find me at the beach or climbing... there are more out there like me (trying not to "toot" my own horn here).

Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstwahine View Post
Well, I suppose in a way I can support the idea that Newport Beach can be fake...but really it's about who you expose yourself to. .

I just snorted diet coke all over my suit. Was that intentional? I never considerd exposing myself to people to get dates. Won't you get arrested?

"I'm fit, attractive, educated and I'd like to think a good person, but you will never find me out at bars, but you will find me at the beach or climbing... there are more out there like me (trying not to "toot" my own horn here)."

Do you go to the beach and expose yourself to women? I hate to tell you this but that knd of behaviour is not lilkely to go over very well in Iowa.

(I can never think of Iowa without laughing about the name of their convenience store/gas station chain)

Climbing? Trees? Rocks? Social Climbing? The latter would fit right into the N.B. stereotype.

You are correct though, there are lots of native born and bred gals who are just as wholesome as Iwoa gals. They just have to be located. They are sometimes well hidden amongst the stereotypical ladies. To use Iowa terminology, it is kinda like pulling weeds to find the sprouting corn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County