Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM

619 posts, read 2,167,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
Yes, yes, they are everywhere, and they don't always look like the ones I'm used to being from Vegas (which also has a lot of gold diggers). I'm a woman and I'm new to OC, and I cannot believe the attitude of the women down in Newport. There is a mindset that regardless of how the woman looks, she is entitled to a boytoy to will buy her many toys and spoil her rotten so she doesn't have to work ever. I met a woman a month ago who I could have sworn was more down to earth - she dresses down to earth, and acts like a normal person - until you talk to her about men. She expects her man to lavish gifts on her. When I told her that I saved up and slaved away to get my designer handbag that I was carrying that day, she looked at me and said "well, I am going to ask my boyfriend to take me to their boutique and buy me a handbag like that." In other words, her man must buy her a $2000 handbag just for the privilege of dating her. I've met many friends here but most of them are from out of state or they are from other parts of California. I'm very down to earth and would not expect a man to buy me expensive things just because we are dating.

The men are just as icky. I can always tell if a man is native or has adopted the habits of the locals in Newport. The first words out of his mouth upon meeting me will be along the lines of "I have a [fill in degree here] from [fill in college here] I make [put impressive salary here] and drive a [put in name of fancy sports car here] and live here in Newport, with a fantastic view of the back bay!" All that before I even know their name. I run, and run fast from those men.

Newport is a lousy place to find someone. There are down to earth people here, but a lot of the time we get ignored. Both men and women want the shinies.

I only go to Newport Beach these days if a bunch of friends are coming along. And I expect nothing from the place, I find most of the men trashy and not date worthy and most of the women materialistic, insecure and shallow.
Great write-up suisse. My hat goes off to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,496,354 times
You better have alot of $$$$$$$ to date women from Newport.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:50 PM

9 posts, read 19,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
Are you a nurse? Hoag is a great hospital. Rn wages and sharing a place will help both finances and your social life. Hard to afford living by yourself in that area unless you are making more than rns are started at..

Maybe getting a temporary non leased type living. Maybe even a room. Then you can take sometime looking around.

Good luck.
Yes, I am an RN.. By the looks of it, you are as well? Do you work at Hoag? I will be in Emergency Room. Ive read nothing but great things about the place....

Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 PM

590 posts, read 1,248,924 times
Hi. I am a np. Long retired!

hoag is a great hospital. Their er literally saved my life after a really bad head on collision. Luckily we lived almost across the street. So I was transported their

You will get great experience at hoag. Location is ocean close. Think I had an ocean view from my room!,

Good luck.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 PM

I mean There! Even nurses can spell!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:32 AM

9 posts, read 19,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
Hi. I am a np. Long retired!

hoag is a great hospital. Their er literally saved my life after a really bad head on collision. Luckily we lived almost across the street. So I was transported their

You will get great experience at hoag. Location is ocean close. Think I had an ocean view from my room!,

Good luck.
Well thats good to hear, Glad your safe!

I was gonna say they are not a Trauma center... surprised they took ya there!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 PM

My accident was 36 years ago! It was a trauma center then....plus I was a block away!,
At one time oc had. Many many more trauma centers than now. Til the hospitals realized how much money they were losing!,

Now we have maybe 3 official trauma centers. Times have changed!

Again. You will love hoag. It is a great hospital with a great reputation. They last year opened a second location. Hoag irvine. And many outpatient facilities. Both primary and urgent care.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:37 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, they are everywhere, and they don't always look like the ones I'm used to being from Vegas (which also has a lot of gold diggers). I'm a woman and I'm new to OC, and I cannot believe the attitude of the women down in Newport. There is a mindset that regardless of how the woman looks, she is entitled to a boytoy to will buy her many toys and spoil her rotten so she doesn't have to work ever. I met a woman a month ago who I could have sworn was more down to earth - she dresses down to earth, and acts like a normal person - until you talk to her about men. She expects her man to lavish gifts on her. When I told her that I saved up and slaved away to get my designer handbag that I was carrying that day, she looked at me and said "well, I am going to ask my boyfriend to take me to their boutique and buy me a handbag like that." In other words, her man must buy her a $2000 handbag just for the privilege of dating her. I've met many friends here but most of them are from out of state or they are from other parts of California. I'm very down to earth and would not expect a man to buy me expensive things just because we are dating.

The men are just as icky. I can always tell if a man is native or has adopted the habits of the locals in Newport. The first words out of his mouth upon meeting me will be along the lines of "I have a [fill in degree here] from [fill in college here] I make [put impressive salary here] and drive a [put in name of fancy sports car here] and live here in Newport, with a fantastic view of the back bay!" All that before I even know their name. I run, and run fast from those men.

Newport is a lousy place to find someone. There are down to earth people here, but a lot of the time we get ignored. Both men and women want the shinies.

I only go to Newport Beach these days if a bunch of friends are coming along. And I expect nothing from the place, I find most of the men trashy and not date worthy and most of the women materialistic, insecure and shallow.
Replace "expects her man to lavish gifts on her" with "self-hating, angry, pseudo-intellectual, misandrist snob" and you have described SF Bay Area women. Or, "pseudo-intellectual" can also be replaced with "Bay Area 10," which on the looks scale down in OC, SD or in the Southeast U.S. would only be a 6-8. The ones that don't talk down to the 7-11 clerks while wearing sunglasses inside, or that don't seizure when you tell them that you aren't part of [fill in non-profit], are usually happily married (early!) to a nice guy.

Replace "I have a [fill in the degree here] from [fill in college here]...I make...drive a..." (because it's assumed that you are college educated in the Bay) with "Peter Pan, surly, unsure of himself, lousy tipper on dates while trying to 'care about the poor.'" Guess what? You've just described SF Bay Area men. The increasingly rare ones that are Alpha males are generally grade A jerks, so there's little middle ground.

The key: try to find a date in/from a smaller California city, and I don't even mean Sacramento. I mean Bakersfield, Visalia, SLO, Fresno, Santa Rosa. You might have to dig through barrels of tacks just to find a cushion in the major cities.

Bottom line: dating is great in California if you're a hot/bad girl, a hot/bad boy, or flaming gay. If you're just nice or not hot, no matter how educated you are, you better have some money and/or power to go along, or else you'll have a very hard time. If I ever left California, it would be almost exclusively because of this putrid element of its social climate.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:

This puzzles me. A "down to earth person" carrying a $2000 purse?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:49 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,032,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
This puzzles me. A "down to earth person" carrying a $2000 purse?
Some down to earth people have wealthy relatives. I fall into that category.

I grew up poor, and at one point, on food stamps, but had a coat as a child that was ungodly expensive (gift, obviously), yet only 3-4 outfits to wear to school. Don't judge a book by its cover or coat/purse.

I am much better off now, but still nowhere near the wealthiest of my family, and I wouldn't want to be. Either way, you never know a person's entire story until you ask them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County