Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:46 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
I'm a black Californian living in LA County. I sure as hell don't have any interest in moving to the OC. I think LA County such as LA city and Long Beach is more tolerable of black male/white female couples, from what I've seen.

Orange County is just like the South.
The South is better than OC in my experience, OC is the worst place I have ever encountered, I am not lying here folks.

OC is a mystery to me. I lived there for 2 years and I still don't understand the place. Every good person I met in OC wanted to leave, people live outside a city they hate (L.A.), they talk racist crap about the Mexicans in Santa Ana, of whom are the only folks that actually do work. At least in the BayArea you will see a white or asian actually lifting a hand and doing some manual work. Not in OC...all they do is sit back and blame the illegals, to justify their racist behavior towards Mexicans and all hispanics.

Like Minutemen who go home and hire illegals to do their lawn...what sense does that make? And so many that act like this in OC too. So many that I personally witnessed.

Last edited by Mach50; 03-14-2009 at 01:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 07:20 AM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Yah... all them white folks in OC are a bunch of lazy racists.

Quite a generalization, sounds a lot like that racist crap you claim to have encountered in the OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The South is better than OC in my experience, OC is the worst place I have ever encountered, I am not lying here folks.

OC is a mystery to me. I lived there for 2 years and I still don't understand the place. Every good person I met in OC wanted to leave, people live outside a city they hate (L.A.), they talk racist crap about the Mexicans in Santa Ana, of whom are the only folks that actually do work. At least in the BayArea you will see a white or asian actually lifting a hand and doing some manual work. Not in OC...all they do is sit back and blame the illegals, to justify their racist behavior towards Mexicans and all hispanics.
Like Minutemen who go home and hire illegals to do their lawn...what sense does that make? And so many that act like this in OC too. So many that I personally witnessed.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:36 PM

239 posts, read 711,519 times
I agree with the above statement.

If there is racism in OC and you are comparing it to the south... i am 'white', I went to Harlem Bar in ATL which is apparently a 'black' bar. I was treated very rudely for being there. Here in Raleigh the same thing happens...

So is it better for black people to be anti-white? Is that how OC is the same? And no wonder OC is predominately white...if people of other ethnic skin color won't move there...

Old 03-15-2009, 12:31 AM

241 posts, read 940,187 times
unsure about this but the history of orange county was runned and dominated of and that one of only reason there is many ethnicities particularly mexicans is because of lawsuits that were happening in around the 80's and others being more obvious.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:00 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
I guess if you're particularly insecure. There's no law against being bilingual.
I guess the national anthem at sporing events should be sung in both Spanish and English too.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:00 AM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

I'm sure people from Orange County really care about your perspective towards them. Minutemen who hire illegals to do their lawn, what proof do you have of this? More spew from some radical...people in Santa Ana are the only ones that do manual labor...where is the proof of this? Maybe before you type stuff like this, you can think about it first.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:20 AM

239 posts, read 711,519 times
...when in actuality Santa Ana is the county seat of Orange County. Therefore many white people live in Santa Ana. I have lived in Santa Ana. My white friends live in SA. There is a neigborhood called Floral Park which is one of the most expensive areas in CA, there are great areas in SA where I would live again. Downtown SA has million dollar homes...and guess what...i have seen white people gardening there!! I have seen Hispanic people who live next door to white people!!

And by the way, for those of you stating Mexicans are the ones who work: you are being a racist and generalist just in that one statement. What about all the the othe people from Central and South America that go to lovely CA for work? What about the doctors and attornies that are Mexican, and living in SA, are people talking crap about them?

Also, the job I had when I left CA, my team consisted of: a white guy, a black guy, a Hispanic girl, a girl from So Africa, and an Italian guy; and our supervisor was black. It was in Santa Ana, this job.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,607 times
Racist OC cannibals ate my mixed race children!
Said they were better than dipped cones!
Beware!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:53 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Great post treebw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treebw View Post
...when in actuality Santa Ana is the county seat of Orange County. Therefore many white people live in Santa Ana. I have lived in Santa Ana. My white friends live in SA. There is a neigborhood called Floral Park which is one of the most expensive areas in CA, there are great areas in SA where I would live again. Downtown SA has million dollar homes...and guess what...i have seen white people gardening there!! I have seen Hispanic people who live next door to white people!!

And by the way, for those of you stating Mexicans are the ones who work: you are being a racist and generalist just in that one statement. What about all the the othe people from Central and South America that go to lovely CA for work? What about the doctors and attornies that are Mexican, and living in SA, are people talking crap about them?

Also, the job I had when I left CA, my team consisted of: a white guy, a black guy, a Hispanic girl, a girl from So Africa, and an Italian guy; and our supervisor was black. It was in Santa Ana, this job.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 PM

11 posts, read 43,466 times
Default OC for White/Hispanic Couple

Hi Cucuy, have you moved yet? I am LA born and raised, have a Colombian mother and a "Hispanic looking" Colombian wife, two "Hispanic looking" daughters, live in Long Beach, work in Santa Ana and know the Orlando-Kissimmee area from frequent visits, so I hope you will appreciate my perspective on your situation. By all means, if it is a better family and career move, come to So Cal. I am quite frankly, perplexed by the "bad vides" you mention in your original post and wonder if there were any specific incidents regarding your wife's ethnicity. Yeah, there are some idiots here who regard anyone from Latin America as a Mexican (and that's not intended as a compliment). Mexicans have historically been the low wage manual labor force in this state so some dolts perceive any Spanish speaking Latin American as having the same background and experience as a hardworking but essentially "uneducated Mexican peasant who is here illegally mooching off welfare and popping out kids by the dozen". But there are many, many couples such as yourselves happily living in many communities throughout Southern California. Newport Beach is considered to be snobby and pretentious by just about everyone, regardless of race. In her almost 35 years of living in Southern California, my wife has mentioned a few incidents where she felt she was being demeaned because of her ethnicity, but that is probably a common experience for any foreigner living in America. Some people are mean spirited, but most are just ignorant. (e.g. Question: Are you the first person in your family to go to college? Answer: Yes, in this country.)Basically we go all over the place (or her with our two "Hispanic looking" daughters) even to Newport Beach, without any incident or "bad vibes." As far as the Latin community is concerned, while the Latin American population in Central Floria is more diverse, here, even though there are large, much larger populations from many Latin American countries (even Ticos) than in Central Florida, they are all dwarfed numerically, culturally and linguistically by the overwhelming Mexican presence. The second largest population is from El Salvador, your wife's friendly Central American neighbors (are they still sore over the Soccer War?) In the 60s and 70s Orange County was much less diverse and welcoming to non-white residents than it is now. As far as being an intolerant area, remember, Orlando used to be known as the "Buckle in the Bible Belt" and my brother tells me there are still active KKK chapters in some surrounding communities. Good luck regardless of your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County