Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianomom View Post
I live in south Georgia at the moment, and my husband and I are 95% sure we're moving to the Davenport Fl. area by the time my son graduates from 1st grade. We have friends in that area, and are very excited about the move. We're used to the traffic, you should live here Especially going thru downtown Atlanta during rush hour traffic (not to mention accidents even), is a living you know what! We live in the middle of nowhere also, so we're looking forward to being 10 minutes away from Wal-mart I see alot of negative issues about Florida, but I have to say, several other states are in the same boat in reality. It's not just Florida. I say, if you're happy where you live, that's all that really matters! Have a nice day
what a good attitude! it is tough around the country now, and people are dissatisfied with how quickly how cost of living has risen, but there are a lot of factors in play and it is not just florida. i am seeing more posters leaving and then saying that they wished that they had not left, while some people are still glad they left. we have issues here, but there is a lot that is good about florida!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,214,024 times
They just had a report on Local6 where they compared all the different grocery stores from Super Target, WalMart, Publix, etc. and WalMArt was cheaper by only a few bucks. I'll spend my few extra bucks where I feel comfortable. Wally World isn't worth the hassle.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:08 AM

242 posts, read 613,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
They just had a report on Local6 where they compared all the different grocery stores from Super Target, WalMart, Publix, etc. and WalMArt was cheaper by only a few bucks. I'll spend my few extra bucks where I feel comfortable. Wally World isn't worth the hassle.
I'd love to never have to shop at Walmart again. I'm so happy because I just found a feed store that sells the same size bag of cat food for about the same price and now I don't have to get it from Wally.

Walmart makes as much in 3 months as Home Depot (2nd only to walmart in sales), and yet pays it's employees crap (at least in this area). Home Depot pays a little more to start.... and brings in 3/4 LESS than Walmart?

Wally the greed monster.

Florida politicians are greed monsters too.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:36 PM

5 posts, read 29,609 times
Default Excuse me?

Okay, I live roughly 30 minutes away from the nearest Wal-Mart. The place we're looking to rent in Davenport is not far away from Wal-Mart. I like to shop there. Is there a problem with that? I realize traffic is ridiculous at times but that's in every area you go, no matter what time it is.....GEEZ I like Publix and Ingles as well, but sometimes it's more convenient to find groceries and other items grocery stores don't carry in one place.....But I do remember a Super Target being built down there!!! YAY~!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,888 times
xtoolmaker: found out they were looking for some robbers but not in polos east just in the area and they were blocking off developments so they wouldn't get in

Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,342 times
I live in winter garden. I've been here 3 years and LOVE it!!! would't trade it for the world. we are near clermont and happy living here. schools are great, area is nice and safe. My kids love it as well!
rent is afforable .... if you drive in the are and get the number oon the 4rent signs posted... but if looking on the web for a place to live in this .... I wouldn't recommend for some reason the web has the prices alot higher then if you hunt yourself on the streets of WONDERFUL winter garden...
i have lived in FL for 6 years now .... from NY as well .... I have a nice job that keeps me afloat.
Thank GOD! I think it is cheaper to live here then in NY.... Sometimes people just need to learn how to budget.......

Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 PM

37 posts, read 123,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojow View Post
The WRONG PEOPLE are leaving.
Bingo! I was one who left (and I won't lie, I miss it every day) and most people I know who left or are seriously planning to leave are the ones who have so much to offer the Florida economy. It's brain drain, and Florida needs to watch out for that.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:49 PM

155 posts, read 380,896 times
i came down here from new york, and fell i have made a big mistake. the crime is getting horrible, the people are rude, and its very boring, and hot. i will be moving soon, and i wont be coming back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando