Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 10:18 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
From that article...

Meanwhile, the most popular destination for relocation is Washington, D.C. “It’s a high-cost area,” says Stoll, “but it features good economic opportunities. It has a maturing high-tech sector and many Federal government jobs, which are more stable in recessions.” Furthermore, D.C. attracts highly educated professionals, and Stoll says college-educated young people between the ages of 18 to 35 are the most likely to move.

One big surprise from the study is Oregon, which is the second most popular state with 61% inbound migration. Although it’s not the typical temperate climate of a retirement spot, Stoll believes hipster city Portland may be attracting both older individuals and young people with its mix of economic growth, cutting edge urban planning and scenic landscape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 11:46 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
From that article...

Meanwhile, the most popular destination for relocation is Washington, D.C. “It’s a high-cost area,” says Stoll, “but it features good economic opportunities. It has a maturing high-tech sector and many Federal government jobs, which are more stable in recessions.” Furthermore, D.C. attracts highly educated professionals, and Stoll says college-educated young people between the ages of 18 to 35 are the most likely to move.

One big surprise from the study is Oregon, which is the second most popular state with 61% inbound migration. Although it’s not the typical temperate climate of a retirement spot, Stoll believes hipster city Portland may be attracting both older individuals and young people with its mix of economic growth, cutting edge urban planning and scenic landscape.
Couldn't bring yourself to post the line before that?

"According to the study, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Arizona feature some of the highest ratios of people moving in."

Old 09-09-2015, 03:19 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Im a bit late to the party considering I havent posted here in awhile

It's definitely a struggle if you have a low wage job in this town, especially when the cost of living doesn't line up with wages. I work 2 jobs and I'll be lucky if I break $25k this year, I did it last last year but I was also killing myself working in the process

I finally got my full time position at Publix and will be eyeing a management position come next year....if I get it, my income will double what it is now and I will no longer need a second job and I will be above the 1/3 of jobs that are $25,000 or less...my salary will be double that

Just goes to show hard work does indeed pay off. I might be in a low wage job now but I know if I keep doing what I've been doing, it will not last forever

Old 09-09-2015, 03:25 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,473,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
No, proper English is what you need in a professional setting. You aren't going to make any deals or make a company trust you if your pants sag to your knees and you say, "what it be you guys want?"

We are talking about jobs and yes there is a proper way to dress, maybe that's why you complain the job market is so terrible if you truly don't believe this.

The reason why Asians make more money in this country than even Whites is because of their strong drive to study and work hard in school and after school, so yes studying hard is important. If you study hard, you can get into top schools and get scholarships, so you may not have any student loan debt.

If you refuse to save money, so you can then invest it whether it's CDs, mutual funds, stocks, annuities, etc then you can only blame yourself at the end of the day. If my parents could come to this country with absolutely nothing, not even knowing English and make it, so can you and your children.

However, if you refuse to teach self accountability or say, well I know a wealthy person who buys cigarettes, therefore why shouldn't I be able to buy cigarettes too, then you will always be poor and complaining.
I agree with this post about Asians and proper English but Jewish people are still by far the richest minority group in America by far, they are 2 percent of the population and make up 35-40 percent of the Billionaires in America.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:31 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
they are older- we just babies in the scope of things. They were established long long before the US was even in the minds of anyone.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:47 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

It's definitely a struggle if you have a low wage job in this town, especially when the cost of living doesn't line up with wages. I work 2 jobs and I'll be lucky if I break $25k this year, I did it last last year but I was also killing myself working in the process

I finally got my full time position at Publix and will be eyeing a management position come next year....if I get it, my income will double what it is now and I will no longer need a second job and I will be above the 1/3 of jobs that are $25,000 or less...my salary will be double that

Just goes to show hard work does indeed pay off. I might be in a low wage job now but I know if I keep doing what I've been doing, it will not last forever
It's a struggle no matter where you live if you have a low wage job.

Make sure there is room for growth no matter what job you do. Even working as a bank teller has a lot of different outlets to advance if you do well.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:01 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I agree with this post about Asians and proper English but Jewish people are still by far the richest minority group in America by far, they are 2 percent of the population and make up 35-40 percent of the Billionaires in America.
Convert.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:06 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

You have the right attitude. So many stay in the low wage sector never desiring to advance themselves.
Good luck to you Davie.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:51 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
yes good luck and hope you have not only good work ethics but also are a male and fit the criteria. but do NOT linger in a any retail, or food service. There is only one store manager, never see any older mid management in any retail. You make so much, they will find a way to boot you and bring in the new kid at a lesser salary. Seen it 100 times.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:10 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Indian Americans Most Educated, Richest, Says Pew Report - New America Media

Indian-Americans Richest Community in US with Average Income $100,547 - NDTV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando