Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 05:31 AM

17,210 posts, read 15,404,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfab86 View Post

The only thing I could think of regarding "intelligence" would be higher quality schools, but how much that affects overall intelligence, who knows. I know NJ is full of idiots right now, starting with the governor, with cost of living going up and up and MUCH less return on investment, if you are a citizen at least.

The IT numbers mentioned are pretty accurate for up north but commuting to the city from NJ just isn't worth it IMO. IT is just one option. I'm wondering what kind of city jobs are available in Orlando, though those jobs usually are very political on a who you know basis.
This is the biggest issue with professional jobs in general in Orlando from what I've seen over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 01:34 PM

82 posts, read 193,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
This is the biggest issue with professional jobs in general in Orlando from what I've seen over the years.
Ugh, I hate politics. Are there any places that are more vet friendly? That's pretty much all I have going for me right now lol.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:25 AM

82 posts, read 193,134 times
One big thing that's important for me is finding a job with a pension. As I stated earlier, my primary focus is law enforcement but in case that doesn't work out, I'd like to have a nice backup plan. I know civil service/gov't jobs are great but also competitive. Any recommendations for pension jobs I should be looking into that I haven't really thought of?

Old 12-07-2018, 11:30 AM

482 posts, read 419,716 times
Quote:
One big thing that's important for me is finding a job with a pension. As I stated earlier, my primary focus is law enforcement but in case that doesn't work out, I'd like to have a nice backup plan. I know civil service/gov't jobs are great but also competitive. Any recommendations for pension jobs I should be looking into that I haven't really thought of?
You do understand that pensions are a dying concept and are being phased out where possible?

Old 12-07-2018, 02:19 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:

If you are an officer in Oakland or San Francisco, you get great pay with a massive pension, at least last time I checked. I was considering becoming a police officer when I lived there.

When I moved to Orlando in 2016, I remember OPD was advertising they need police officers. I imagine that wouldn't have changed so fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando