Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm....and what documents will the haitains produce to get a FL driver's license?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM

6 posts, read 28,429 times
This is a very bad idea.
I work at a law firm and they do not accept cases from haitians because they lie and set up accident scenes.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:03 PM

239 posts, read 467,950 times
Just what Florida needs....MORE CRIME, MORE DRUGS, MORE PEOPLE ON UNEMPLOYMENT, WELFARE FOOD STAMPS, another 50 to 60 thousand people who don't speak english, no job skills, and add NOTHING to our community. Like the previous person who posted that they where moving back to Connecticut, I hope not to be too far behind you, returning to my home state. Florida is getting worse with every passing day. The housing market, and the job market are one of the worse in this country and the cost of living here is quite expensive. Florida is no longer an appealing place to live and sending 60 thousand Haitians here will magnify all these problems.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:43 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Hmmmm....and what documents will the haitains produce to get a FL driver's license?

Great question, Ladywithafan.

I dont understand. If you cross the Iranian border, you get shot. If you cross the border into China, you are thrown into prison. If you come across the border into America, you get a driver's license, public documents printed in your language, free health care, food stamps, a job, and membership to the Democratic Party.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:48 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I think this is a huge mistake.

Once they are here they will not go back home and we will be left with taking care of them.

Haiti is a very poor nation and not to be cruel, but it is full of crime, disease and other issues. Haitians have a high percent of aids.

Something Florida or America does not need is more people to take care of.

I think America and people in America have done their fair share of helping.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:09 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I think this is a huge mistake.

Once they are here they will not go back home and we will be left with taking care of them.

Haiti is a very poor nation and not to be cruel, but it is full of crime, disease and other issues. Haitians have a high percent of aids.

Something Florida or America does not need is more people to take care of.

I think America and people in America have done their fair share of helping.

Parts of SFL and Orlando have a very large Haitian population. Just to give you a heads-up. Assuming you're still headed down this way.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:38 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
boy such paranoi! Being from south Florida myself there is already a network of other Haitians here that will soften the blow if we do have tens of thousands arrive here.
Haitians are some of the most hardest working, polite, and industrious people I have ever met and who will succeed given the proper environment which obviously doesn't exist in Haiti.
By the way to the idiot who said Haitians have AIDS,unless you are planning on having sex with one I wouldn't worry. More people die from the flu than AIDS!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
boy such paranoi! Being from south Florida myself there is already a network of other Haitians here that will soften the blow if we do have tens of thousands arrive here.
Haitians are some of the most hardest working, polite, and industrious people I have ever met and who will succeed given the proper environment which obviously doesn't exist in Haiti.
By the way to the idiot who said Haitians have AIDS,unless you are planning on having sex with one I wouldn't worry. More people die from the flu than AIDS!
The problem is that the US taxpayer will end up financially supporting these people. Do you really think their friends and family will be able to pay for their medical treatment for AIDS? We've got US citizens going without needed healthcare, we should not be supporting immigrants with NOTHING to offer our country except a financial drain.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:29 AM

211 posts, read 816,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABMER View Post
Up to 45,000 Haitians can be relocated to Orlando, what do you think?

Haiti earthquake: Plan would send Haiti earthquake survivors to Orlando - OrlandoSentinel.com
Ugh. They should be relocated to Miami ...Little Haiti area.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless99 View Post
Ugh. They should be relocated to Miami ...Little Haiti area.
not all 45,000 of them are coming to Orlando. the largest group of them are going to miami, and a decent amount are coming here. But most of them are from all over the US outside of Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando