Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelito View Post
Its on there for a lot more than 2.5 seconds
yep and 4 door sedans are gaining in what people want.At ne time two were popular but not since cars got smaller and lower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 07:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Fiat will go the way of Renault, Peugeot, Opel, Alfa, Lancia, and every other midrange European sedan that has ever been marketed here. I don't know what it is about them that they just can't make it in the US. I just hope Fiat does not destroy Chrysler in the process.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:30 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Fiat will go the way of Renault, Peugeot, Opel, Alfa, Lancia, and every other midrange European sedan that has ever been marketed here. I don't know what it is about them that they just can't make it in the US. I just hope Fiat does not destroy Chrysler in the process.
Chrysler has been on it's deathbed for years, another failure won't hurt them.. The best thing they did was separate Ram from the rest of the garbage they're pumping out. Might actually turn a profit with the Ram. I still wouldn't touch em with a 10 ft pole, too many bad memories of 2006 and the trucks getting 11 MPG, but they are really trying to step up their game and catch Ford/Chevy in tech. Truck of the Year two times running now I heard?

Old 04-27-2014, 11:48 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Chrysler has the best looking model line up. In a world where you can't tell a Camry from Accord or even a Corolla, you can never mistake a Charger or a Challenger for anything else. Not to mention the entire Jeep line. Now Fiat comes along and they put out the Dart. The downturn begins.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:20 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Chrysler has the best looking model line up. In a world where you can't tell a Camry from Accord or even a Corolla, you can never mistake a Charger or a Challenger for anything else. Not to mention the entire Jeep line. Now Fiat comes along and they put out the Dart. The downturn begins.
Out of the top worst looking cars in the US in 2014. I'd put the Chrysler 200, the Jeep Cherokee (not the grand) and the Fiat 500L all on that list. All made by or designed with Chrysler. Sure they are unique styling, but unique doesn't always equate to good looking.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
If this didn't ruin Fiat's image, nothing will.

From what I understand, they actually sold the hell outta those things.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:05 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
I agree that the Multipa is ugly.

However it was also practical and that is one thing that Fiat are renowned for.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:45 AM

861 posts, read 1,335,242 times
Would never buy one because it's too "buggy" with questionable reliability.

Yup, it actually broke down during filming of the J-Lo commercial....

Old 05-03-2014, 05:31 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Ok, am seeing more of the 500L models parked on Manhattan, NYC streets and have to say yes it is streets better looking than the "pumpkin" 500.

Sits a bit higher and is longer which gives the 500L a bit more *ahem* rugged appearance. In comparison think the previous poster nailed it when he called he 500 a *pumpkin*. It looks like a go-cart! *LOL*

Still you see plenty of Fiats all over Manhattan so they obviously have fans.

On a side note regarding reliability, many NYC car rental and share schemes seemed to have pulled the 500's from their fleet. Hertz 27/7 in particular seems to have had problems. But then again those Fiat 500s where their cheapest offerings (often could be had for $7/hour) and thus were rode hard.

Often after just four months of use a new 500 looked tore up and by six was a busted and broken down mess. We're talking about access panels popped out around passenger and driver floor areas. Batteries that wouldn't hold charges, and so forth.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:52 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Ok, am seeing more of the 500L models parked on Manhattan, NYC streets and have to say yes it is streets better looking than the "pumpkin" 500.

Sits a bit higher and is longer which gives the 500L a bit more *ahem* rugged appearance. In comparison think the previous poster nailed it when he called he 500 a *pumpkin*. It looks like a go-cart! *LOL*

Still you see plenty of Fiats all over Manhattan so they obviously have fans.

On a side note regarding reliability, many NYC car rental and share schemes seemed to have pulled the 500's from their fleet. Hertz 27/7 in particular seems to have had problems. But then again those Fiat 500s where their cheapest offerings (often could be had for $7/hour) and thus were rode hard.

Often after just four months of use a new 500 looked tore up and by six was a busted and broken down mess. We're talking about access panels popped out around passenger and driver floor areas. Batteries that wouldn't hold charges, and so forth.
If you drive a Lexus or MBZ on the streets of Manhattan.. doubt they would be bullet proof as well. Probably only hummers will last but even they will have some damage. I've lived and owned a car in Manhattan.. I know what the roads are like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands