Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:11 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,013,058 times

Advertisements

All valid defenses of the Fiat. Who of these defenders actually own a Fiat 500 4 door?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 06:47 AM

16,704 posts, read 17,486,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313 TUxedo View Post
Funny.

When I saw that the thread was accusing Fiat of making the "ugliest car", I was expecting to see the Multipla.
Now that was ugly!

Old 04-13-2014, 09:14 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,051,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
All valid defenses of the Fiat. Who of these defenders actually own a Fiat 500 4 door?
Frankly have you even spent some time in one?

I was not keen on the looks, but liked the packaging and thought the interior was superb. So I bought one.
I don't care what people think, especially automobile journos whom IVE NEVER MET.

I got a fully loaded lounge. Black/white roof. I think the design works best with dark colours. Ive gotten compliments every time I've driven the car around. Yesterday this guy kept staring at it, saw me park and I saw him walk up and check it out.. his comment "I want one of these"

Car buying is a personal choice. Im very happy with mine:
- Love the pano roof and all the glass surfaces.. great visibility
- Love the look of the interior
- Love all the gadgets.. Nav, XM, Back up camera
- Love the engine and Dual clutch tranny (smoooth no problem

I traded it a very reliable, trouble and rattle free 500C on this one. I've driven FIATS in Europe and Polynesia. i've owned a Fiat in Oz. I was happy they came back to this country.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:21 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,194,452 times
Quote:
Totally irrelevant. If ownership was a pre-requisite for expressing a favorable opinion for a car, very few people would be "qualified" by your definition. It's kind of difficult to own every car you express an opinion on, good, bad or otherwise.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Frankly have you even spent some time in one?

I was not keen on the looks, but liked the packaging and thought the interior was superb. So I bought one.
I don't care what people think, especially automobile journos whom IVE NEVER MET.

I got a fully loaded lounge. Black/white roof. I think the design works best with dark colours. Ive gotten compliments every time I've driven the car around. Yesterday this guy kept staring at it, saw me park and I saw him walk up and check it out.. his comment "I want one of these"

Car buying is a personal choice. Im very happy with mine:
- Love the pano roof and all the glass surfaces.. great visibility
- Love the look of the interior
- Love all the gadgets.. Nav, XM, Back up camera
- Love the engine and Dual clutch tranny (smoooth no problem

I traded it a very reliable, trouble and rattle free 500C on this one. I've driven FIATS in Europe and Polynesia. i've owned a Fiat in Oz. I was happy they came back to this country.
Thanks for the input, so it's not really about the styling with you, more about quality interiors and bang for your buck?

Old 04-13-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Totally irrelevant. If ownership was a pre-requisite for expressing a favorable opinion for a car, very few people would be "qualified" by your definition. It's kind of difficult to own every car you express an opinion on, good, bad or otherwise.
You are missing the point, I am curious as to why they would own the vehicle: looks, function, value, MPG, warranty, dependability....

Not that I want to put them down for owning one.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:23 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,194,452 times
Quote:
You are missing the point, I am curious as to why they would own the vehicle: looks, function, value, MPG, warranty, dependability....
Then you might have made it clearer.

If I were to buy a FIAT 500L, I'd buy it for the fact that it's got vast interior space, convertible rear seats, great visibility, a capable engine and an available manual (although, in fairness, the shifter is rather vague).

If I were to buy a two-door 500, it would be the Abarth for the performance, the sound and the handling.

From $$$ standpoint, both are great values in their respective segments.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:45 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,051,919 times
Quote:
Thanks for the input, so it's not really about the styling with you, more about quality interiors and bang for your buck?
no I now like the way it looks, especially in dark colors. I think its a handsome car. And I've gotten quite a few compliments. The beautiful interior is icing on the cake.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:34 PM

Ok we finished our City Data poll and the results were 117 votes, out of the the cars listed, the Fiat 500L won as the ugliest car with 28 Votes. This kind of justifies my starting of the thread. Second place went to the Nissan Versa Sedan.

Again, this is not a knock on how good a car Fiat is, I've heard rave reviews about how fun it is to drive, nice appointments it has etc.

But let's face it.... it's ugly.

Here's a link to the poll:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...king-cars.html

Old 04-24-2014, 11:02 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,868,557 times
The new Dodge Dart is pure Fiat correct? Is it a rebadged Fiat as in Holden to Pontiac now Chevrolet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands