Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 02:44 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,171,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
He posted a picture of a Fiat 500 wagon... not the 500L. Whether it's a concept or a production car, that's the vehicle he posted about.
And, given that the vehicle he posted isn't even a concept, the thread evolved to discussing a related vehicle that actually does exist. What's your problem, not enough kids to tell to get off your lawn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 03:54 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,995,509 times
My point is, I was driving behind a Fiat 4 door that looked like a Coffee colored Pumpkin. I thought to myself, damn that thing is ugly, I wonder if it will hurt the Fiat brand, like the Aztek hurt Pontiac, or the Sky hurt Saturn. I then posed the question, and got almost 9 pages of responses. Thanks to everyone who participated, it was an interesting discussion on whether image is important in today's market or not. I am a function over form kind of guy, but I'm still not going do be caught dead in a Prius, Fiat 4-Door, or a Subaru Legacy. There are some cars, although they may get rave reviews, could do much better in the market place by tweaking their looks. Fiat, in the OP's opinon is one of those vehicles, I provided some leading Automotive magazine articles which back my opnion, and I'm sure that you could provide many articles telling you how beautiful the car is.

Opinions are just that...

Whether the car I posted exists is not relevant to me since I would NEVER buy it in it's current form.

Your attempt to discredit my knowledge of Fiats is admirable, but I am not a Fiat owner, don't want a Fiat, could care less about how accurate my Fiat reporting is. If I was a serious buyer in the current market, I would have known the difference in photos. I just picked the first ugly photo of the car that came up on Google. If it's not in production, all I can say is Thank God.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:55 PM

41,990 posts, read 75,279,142 times
The Fiat is a cute little car. Very roomy inside.

Oh, and the Gremlin was never "hip". LMAO.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:59 PM

To my best research knowledge AMC sold over 1.2 million Gremlins, Fiat just surpassed 100,000 of the 500's. LMAO

Old 04-12-2014, 05:21 PM

6,469 posts, read 8,199,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
To my best research knowledge AMC sold over 1.2 million Gremlins, Fiat just surpassed 100,000 of the 500's. LMAO
That is North America only. As of November 2012 Fiat have produced/sold 1 million 500.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:24 PM

And sold only 100,000? Oof

Old 04-12-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
My point is, I was driving behind a Fiat 4 door that looked like a Coffee colored Pumpkin.
Self-awareness isn't really your strong suit, is it? It was pointed out to you multiple times already that likening vehicles to pumpkins makes you sound childish and yet you continue to do so...
Quote:
like the Aztek hurt Pontiac
Aztek hurt Aztek. I doubt Pontiac's eventual demise had much to do with the Aztek. It was a curiosity. By that token, you could say the SSR (or the HHR) hurt Chevrolet. They are punch lines. Nobody cares.
Quote:
or the Sky hurt Saturn
The Sky was pretty much the only good thing about Saturn.
Quote:
Whether the car I posted exists is not relevant to me since I would NEVER buy it in it's current form.
Actually, it's extremely relevant, since it was the basis upon which you started the thread.
Quote:
Your attempt to discredit my knowledge of Fiats is admirable, but I am not a Fiat owner, don't want a Fiat, could care less about how accurate my Fiat reporting is.
Your ownership of a FIAT is irrelevant. That you could NOT care less about how accurate your FIAT reporting is, however, very relevant. You have just admitted to not knowing the subject upon the premise of which you based this thread. Your credibility, therefore, is shot.
Quote:
If I was a serious buyer in the current market, I would have known the difference in photos. I just picked the first ugly photo of the car that came up on Google. If it's not in production, all I can say is Thank God.
If you were a serious anything, you would have done your research. Otherwise you sound like a vacuous blowhard. Don't feel too bad, though - that kind of thing tends to run rampant on online messageboards.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
And sold only 100,000? Oof
Wow, your powers of perception are infallible, especially when you bend the rules of mathematics and semantics to sustain your own agenda.

FIAT has sold over 100,000 500s in North America. Overall (globally, in contrast to the "North America" part), they have produced/sold over a million. Any of this still not reconcile?

Additionally, how many years did it take AMC to sell the 1.2 million Gremlins? Not to mention, the Gremlin was part of a small car segment that was substantially smaller in the time of the Gremlin than it is today.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
How old are you OP? The Gremlin was never Hip that I recall.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:55 PM

615 posts, read 1,393,111 times
Funny.

When I saw that the thread was accusing Fiat of making the "ugliest car", I was expecting to see the Multipla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands