Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,639 times

Advertisements

I only kiss my husband and kids on the lips. Of course, not the older kids anymore because "that's lame" according to them and they wouldn't want their friends to see Besides, once they get to a certain age, you kind of have to stop because you don't want them to think they can just smooch all over the place. The little one is a lip kisser (only with mommy, daddy and siblings) and that's okay because they're those little wet squooshy kisses. Anyone else, I do cheek kisses and hugs. One other thing that bothers me almost as much as non-marital, non-offspring lip kisses, are those people who air kiss. Either kiss my cheek or don't even bother at all. What's the point of leaning in for the kiss, then turning your head so your ear touches someone else's ear and the kiss goes off into no-man's-land? My mother-in-law does that.....to everyone, even her kids. If you don't want to kiss, why fake it?????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 12:17 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,991 times
Eeewww....that is yucky, especially grandpa ! But if he looked like Brad Pitt I might say "come on baby lemme have it" !!! LOL...just teasing. Im sorry, Im really tired and Im getting a little edgy.

Actually, my ex FIL would rub his chest across my ba-zooms( and make comments about how well-endowed I was, yuck...yuck..ugh) and then try to kiss my lips (he had the worst Crown Royal breath, yuck) he did it once or twice and I told my MIL it creeped me out and after that he hated me, oh well !

Old 07-23-2007, 06:57 AM

232 posts, read 846,443 times
I have dealt with this situation as well.

I ended up putting one hand firmly on his shoulder so that I could control the space between us and planting my feet at least a foot away from his body. I would lean in for a little bit of a hug, but retained the ability to push away as I felt appropriate.

As far as kissing goes, I wait until the last second and then turn slightly so that the kiss catches the edge of my cheek.

Good luck dealing with the creepy one.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:45 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,834 times
Talking Update: Lip Kisser thwarted

Here is the post-mortem on the lip kisser party.

Just as we parked our vehicle at the party, I loaded up with lipstick and lipgloss. Heh heh, I thought to myself, if anyone does get thru my barrier, I'll mark'em up good.

So Grampa spots me. He waves me over to his table. I've got a cocktail in one hand and a small child in the other. He goes for the full body hug and his face is coming closer and closer.....Quickly and simultaneously I turned the other cheek (literally not proverbially), crossed my drink weilding arm across my chest and gave him a ever-so-light- peck on the cheek. I waited a brief moment and then Gramps cried out "Whaaaat??? THAT's It??? Aww come on baby give me a real HELLO"
My reply was just as loud "Yep Gramps, that's all you get. I save all my lip kisses for my Husband"

Now that the biggest thorn in my side was conquered, all the rest of the lip kissers at the party backed off. j/k
The party was very nice after all.

ROTFLMAO!!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
I have a situation w/ a family of friends. I have been friends with this family for a very long time; I know Grandpa, Sisters, brother in laws..etc..

Here's the problem. They're all LIP KISSERS !! Yuck !!

I love to visit them & they're very nice people but I experience anxiety every time I know I'll be seeing them. I prepare myself with short & sweet excuses when I see their lips approaching mine.. I back up, turn my cheek & say "Awww on the cheek- I just put on lipstick"

Let's keep this clear- it's a totally platonic normal family- they just insist on puckering up and touching lips. I find it replusive.

But it gets worse. Grandpa is 80 -He likes to hug just the girls. I mean REALLY hug the girls. They all think it's cute & he loves the attention. When I see him coming at me with the puckered lips and the arms open - I shudder. I have drawn back and told him - "No Hugs Grandpa, I just left the Gym & I'm all sweaty" He pressed himself against my boobs till they are flat !!
I am really bothered by this. No one from that family sees anything wrong with this.

So do you have any ideas on how to handle Grandpa the Feeler & the Lip Kissers in a polite way (other than avoiding the entire family which I will not do)
If it were me i'd be fixing this....smoke 3 packs of cigarettes and eat a ton of garlic....don't brush your teeth that day....drop a Valtrex bottle as your walking over to them....have a mouth full of pop rock....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics