Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 09:33 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,677,609 times

Advertisements

The "Lousy Little One" and I were talking about this the other day. We realized we only had 3 months to get the house clean enough for his aunt and grandmother (my in-laws). I always have the family here for Thanksgiving. By the way RR I have a recipe that will cook a 20lb turkey in 90 min.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 10:04 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times
^^^^ Hey, stude! How the heck do you cook a 20 lb. turkey in 90 minutes?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:27 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
^^^^ Hey, stude! How the heck do you cook a 20 lb. turkey in 90 minutes?
Very carefully!

Seriously - My guess is by deep frying it. You can deep fry a 15 lb. turkey in 1 hour, so I imagine it would take 90 mintues or even less to cook a 20 lb. turkey. Provided you could find a fryer large enough to accommodate it, and provided you have cooking oil shipped in by tanker truck!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:38 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,677,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Very carefully!

Seriously - My guess is by deep frying it. You can deep fry a 15 lb. turkey in 1 hour, so I imagine it would take 90 mintues or even less to cook a 20 lb. turkey. Provided you could find a fryer large enough to accommodate it, and provided you have cooking oil shipped in by tanker truck!

Not deep fried. I've done that but I like this better. You can still get juice to make gravy. High temp (475%) seals moisture in. try it, you'll like it

2 HOUR TURKEY

Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 AM

^^^^ Lol, I think I'll just stick to the long time method of cooking the turkey, Stude! Anyway, it's so much fun to have it roasting for hours and hours!
Am I the only one here that puts stuffing on my turkey sandwich? .....stuffing and gravy and turkey.....preferably as a big sub! Yayyyyy! (I'll be adding some cranberry sauce at one end to try that combination, since Sweetie told me about it!)

It's only about 14 weeks away now!
That's not a long time! I can't understand why everyone isn't excited. I'm happy that a few of you are! So nice to have you join me with the anticipation!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 AM

Is it really that easy to make my own stuffing? I mean, can I really take some old bread and some butter and herbs and make stuffing as good as Stove Top or Pepperidge Farm?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
^^^^ Lol, I think I'll just stick to the long time method of cooking the turkey, Stude! Anyway, it's so much fun to have it roasting for hours and hours!
Am I the only one here that puts stuffing on my turkey sandwich? .....stuffing and gravy and turkey.....preferably as a big sub! Yayyyyy! (I'll be adding some cranberry sauce at one end to try that combination, since Sweetie told me about it!)

It's only about 14 weeks away now!
That's not a long time! I can't understand why everyone isn't excited. I'm happy that a few of you are! So nice to have you join me with the anticipation!
I've never heard of anyone putting stuffing on a sandwich! Sounds rather messy, but I'll bet it's delicious.

Quote:
Is it really that easy to make my own stuffing? I mean, can I really take some old bread and some butter and herbs and make stuffing as good as Stove Top or Pepperidge Farm?
Yes, roosty, bread stuffing is very easy to make. And it's way, WAY better than anything you can get from a package. At least, in my opinion it is. Let me know if you want me to DM some instructions to you.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 AM

Yes and yes(!), thank you, Pammy! Take your time because there's still a little time before the big day.

As for a whole lot of all of you folks, God knows that you are ignoring the Thanksgiving holidayand will punish you!

And for the others of you (!).....watch out for the Karma Turkey! He will come for you and get you!

Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 AM

....and I love to fill my kitty bowls up with Thanksgiving meals and watch them eat all they want!

Old 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Don't you!???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics