Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 01:37 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,466 times

Advertisements

Y'all are making me hungry!
I make cornbread dressing throughout the year. (I use my Granny's cornbread recipe when I make dressing.) It's not fancy but it sure tastes good. I use it with chicken, turkey, pork of all kinds... and even stuff it into bell peppers, my meatloaf mixture instead of the usual breadcrumbs, top my chicken or pork pies instead of pie dough. I keep some in the freezer too for instant gratification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 01:59 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
Y'all are making me hungry!
I make cornbread dressing throughout the year. (I use my Granny's cornbread recipe when I make dressing.) It's not fancy but it sure tastes good. I use it with chicken, turkey, pork of all kinds... and even stuff it into bell peppers, my meatloaf mixture instead of the usual breadcrumbs, top my chicken or pork pies instead of pie dough. I keep some in the freezer too for instant gratification.
NOW who's makin' us all hungry?

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,767,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
^^^^ Lol, I think I'll just stick to the long time method of cooking the turkey, Stude! Anyway, it's so much fun to have it roasting for hours and hours!
Am I the only one here that puts stuffing on my turkey sandwich? .....stuffing and gravy and turkey.....preferably as a big sub! Yayyyyy! (I'll be adding some cranberry sauce at one end to try that combination, since Sweetie told me about it!)

It's only about 14 weeks away now!
That's not a long time! I can't understand why everyone isn't excited. I'm happy that a few of you are! So nice to have you join me with the anticipation!
It's not a true day after Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with out dressing on it! Smear of whole berry cranberry sauce and a little mayonnaise yummie, yum yum!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:21 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
That is my absolute favorite sandwich .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-26-2012, 03:35 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,141,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambling Iris View Post
It's not a true day after Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with out dressing on it! Smear of whole berry cranberry sauce and a little mayonnaise yummie, yum yum!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
That is my absolute favorite sandwich .

Mine too!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,466 times
Default Funny you should mention turkey....

'cause I baked a small turkey (10 pounder) for dinner earlier. My guys came in from working and said they could smell it all the way to the front of the driveway! (Yes! {{{wiggling my eyebrows}}} I know! I turned on the exhaust fan over the stove about an hour before time to take it out !)
It was all a part of my diabolical plan to get them to come in early and have dinner on time!
Needless to say, they got cleaned up real fast and were at the table by 1:30 sharp!
Yep! Nothin says lovin like a turkey from the oven!!! (long, soft sigh of contentment)

Old 10-29-2012, 01:43 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
This ought to help us get in the mood!

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/05...s/image/01.swf

Only 24 more days till Thanksgiving! Yippee! Gobble gobble!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:23 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,141,299 times
Hate to tell y'all. I cooked a turkey last Thursday, it was yummy!!! Froze half to make soup later.

Hubby, Z-boy & I have reservations to stay downtown San Antonio for 2 nights, so we can eat out Thursday & watch the Holiday Light Up & river parade on Friday.

YaY!!!! I'm so glad I don't have to cook, and so excited to be staying in a Land mark hotel for 2 nights!!!!

Yahooooooooooooooo!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:08 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times
Glad you pulled this thread forward, Pam! It's definitely time to talk TURKEY !!!

Old 10-30-2012, 04:11 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times

"Get me the heck out of here!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics