Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 04:31 AM

401 posts, read 480,782 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? Yep, a lady named Jeanne Haun.

What made this person special to you? We were on a temporary duty assignment together. She was the boss and, she was awesome during a very stressful assignment.

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again? Catch up on what has been happening with each other. I found a few years ago she didn't marry the guy I thought she would and ended up marrying some other person. I contacted the first guy via Facebook trying to get back in touch and, that's how I found out about that.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? A genuine Ford Model T at Greenfield Village, Michigan. It was interesting though I didn't like the line I had to wait in to ride it.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? A Sam's Club/Costco or Best Buy. I'd first clean them out of gift cards which I can use later. Next, I'd grab their most expensive laptop and desktop computers. Then, I'd grab their best digital camera set. Then, I'd hit their cell phone section and get the super fancy model and lastly, I'd grab as many movies as I could though God only knows when I'd actually get around to watching them. I can be terrible about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 05:25 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,196,598 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with?

~ Nopey!

What made this person special to you?

......who?

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again?

.......who?.........awww! That was a trick to get us to sounds like owls!

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)?

~ Aircraft carrier.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with?

~ Best Buy electronics store....video game consoles and loads of games!

Today Is:
Felt Hat Day
National Crème de Menthe Day
Google.com Day
Greenpeace Day
International Day of Democracy
International Dot Day (honors courage and creativity)
LGBT Center Awareness Day :ha md:

*** Thanks, Bay! I'll bet my money on the bobtail nag, somebody bet on the bay! lol....happy Sunday everybody! ***

Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,875,152 times
Today’s Questions:
Sure, some people from college.

We were friends, more like family.

There would be many more than two. We'd have a party!

Bonus Question:
All "ridden in...."
Most recently, a smart car. Years ago, a fire engine and a train engine. Also rode in the rumble seat of one of my uncle's antique cars.
Oh, and an old buggy pulled by one of our horses.

Just for Fun:

You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? Jewelry store & fill the cart with diamonds. Then I'd sell everything and buy what I really want, a house on a lake.

The leaves have started to change here. Our dirt roads will soon be covered in leaves. If I can get my school paperwork done early then maybe I'll go for a ride. Happy day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 09-15-2013 at 05:54 AM..

Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,400,759 times
Today’s Questions:
Yes, a dear friend who died when we were 18.
He thought I was great, I thought he was great, too-he was a real booster towards me, very supportive
Well, putting aside the being dead part, I'd like to tell him how my life turned out & ask him what he had been thinking/feeling/doing, if anything.
Bonus Question:

Back of a tractor (the hay-hauling flatbed part that's hitched to it)
Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with?
Target, for health & beauty/home supplies. Denture cleanser, laundry detergent, multivitamins, etc.
But I'd also like a new bedframe to elevate my bed so I could store all these extra supplies under there.

I would like a digital camera, but otherwise find elec. gadgets too confusing to want more of.

Thanks for the Qs, Bayarea4
Have a lovely day, peoples

Old 09-15-2013, 07:41 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,920,752 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? No one person, but many of my former college friends. I was not good about keeping in touch after I married and had children. And then I moved to the US which made it even harder. However, in these days of Facebook and email, you'd think I'd search for them and I haven't. I guess, after all, I have no regrets.

What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? A tractor in my uncle's orchard.

You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? I think I'd choose Target and head for electronics, handbags and scarves, shoes, and women's clothing. Should be set for a couple of years!

Thanks Bayarea and happy Sunday all.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:03 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,743,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Ides of September (that’s the 15th of the month, in case you were wondering what “ides” are).

Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? Not really.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? The only vehicle I can think of is a truck to haul meat.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
1616 -The first non-aristocratic, free public school in Europe is opened in Frascati, Italy.
1620 - Mayflower departs from Plymouth, England with 102 pilgrims
1776 - British forces capture Kip's Bay, Manhattan, during the U.S. Revolutionary War
1812 - French army under Napoleon reaches Kremlin, Moscow
1821 - Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua declare independence from Spain
1862 – Confederate forces capture Harper’s Ferry, Virginia in the U.S. Civil War
1894 - Japan defeats China in Battle of Ping Yang
1917 - Russia proclaimed a republic by Alexander Kerensky
1921 – WBZ in Boston begins its first radio broadcasts
1928 – Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin
1935 – Nuremberg laws deprive German Jews of citizenship and make the Swastika the official flag of Germany
1940 – Tide turns in Battle of Britain when RAF beats Luftwaffe
1942 – U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Wasp is torpedoed at Guadalcanal
1943 – Benito Mussolini forms a rival Fascist government in Italy
1949 – “The Lone Ranger” premieres on ABC-TV - "Hi Ho Silver,away."
1950 – UN troops land at Inchon and drive North Korean troops out of the south
1963 – Church bombing in Birmingham, Alabama kills four African-American girls
1971 – First broadcast of “Columbo” on NBC-TV
1976 – Soyuz 22 carries two Russian cosmonauts into Earth orbit for eight days
1978 – Muhammad Ali beats Leon Spinks in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title - I remember watching this fight.
1981 – U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approves Sandra Day O’Connor as first female Supreme Court Justice

Today's Word:
wunderkind \’vun-der-kint\

A child prodigy; also, one who succeeds in a competitive or highly difficult field or profession at an early age..

Today Is:
Felt Hat Day
National Crème de Menthe Day
Google.com Day
Greenpeace Day
International Day of Democracy
International Dot Day (honors courage and creativity)
LGBT Center Awareness Day

Quote of the Day:
“The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” -- Mark Caine
Have a good day,everyone.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,207,111 times
no
-
-

Grumman C-2 Greyhound. Took a catapult shot off an aircraft carrier while in the Sea of Japan (SOJ). All of the passenger seats face backward, which really makes sense if there was a (survivable) crash, facing rearward.

Mercedes dealership.

C-2:

1950 – UN troops land at Inchon and drive North Korean troops out of the south

Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 AM

39,085 posts, read 23,083,895 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? Yes.

What made this person special to you? We were really good friends.

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again? The friendship would be rekindled and we'll just sit and chat.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? It would have to be the first car my parents owned, a Renault Dauphine.

Renault Dauphine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? Second-hand bookstore and fill the cart with good books and music CDs.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Old 09-15-2013, 08:49 AM

280 posts, read 574,512 times
Today’s Questions:
An ex-girlfriend

[cut -- sexually explicit]

[cut -- sexually explicit] We sure did have a lot of fun way back in the day, and a good conversation too. Too bad I had to relocate for a job.

Bonus Question:
I got to drive the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile once.

Just for Fun:
Well since the question has the caveat of only what the buggy can carry, I would probably go to a meat market and load up on BACON

Old 09-15-2013, 09:07 AM

24,591 posts, read 26,161,584 times
Today’s Questions:
Yes

We were just good friends that spent alot of time together when we were young.

Just relive our youth.

Bonus Question:
A Bricklin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bricklin_SV-1

Just for Fun:
Probably a electronics store like Fry's. I would load up on all sorts of gadgets to resell at a tidy profit or donate them to needy kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics