Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 08:42 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,535,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Who remembers Shirley Temple the movie star.

I was her age as a little kid (1930's) and had the hots for her even with a picture by my bedside.

Why not, at a early age all boys have raging hormones including yours truly.
Annette... Mikey Mouse Club
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 12:37 AM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm so old I remember when my grandparents took me to Disney World the year it opened, and remember the Hall of Presidents wasn't finished and Space Mountain was still under construction.

I'm so old I remember watching shows like Davey & Goliath, Kimba The White Lion, The Time Tunnel, The Dick Van Dyke Show, etc.

I'm so old I remember the era without cell phones and computers.

I'm so old I remember being in the back of the station wagon driving to my Aunt's house listening to my boom box in 1970 when The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin came on and have to this day been hooked on metal music.

I'm so old I remember spinning LP's, playing cassettes and 8-Tracks (which I despised).

I'm so old I remember Drive-In theaters before the disappeared (but have thankfully grown back a bit).

I'm so old I remember driving down to FL from MA and enjoying the highway Howard Johnson's stop which was so much better than these highway service stations of today.

I'm so old there are so many things I can't remember.
We remember all of the same things. I remember some older things from the grandparents.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:54 PM

I'm so old I remember... I just think of all the zillions of stamps I licked and stuck over the years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji02LNNNoeQ

Old 08-02-2016, 10:00 PM

I'm so old I also remember these... every one had stacks and stacks..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iNeqyCJvPw

Old 08-02-2016, 10:20 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
I remember when Betty White started her TV career. She was a regular on the afternoon Al Jarvis show in Hollywood CA. She even sent me an autographed picture. She was a stunner then and still is.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:58 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,604 times
Wearing a tee shirt from a concert - that I bought at the concert. (Mostly concerts in the 70s)

Back then if you were wearing a tee shirt that had a band on it, it's because you were at the concert. Concert tee shirts were a huge part of our wardrobe as teenagers in the 70s.

It makes sense to me, it's the souvenir (tee shirt) from the concert.

Last edited by 70's Music Girl; 08-03-2016 at 03:23 AM..

Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 PM

I'm so old I remember Hare Krishna at the major airports all across the US when traveling in uniform passing out flowers and dancing.. this was years for TSA. And when you waited for the smoking sign just after take off... the booze wagon in the isle and cigarette in hand... the cabin was so full of smoke it looked like Cheech & Chong movie.. Cigarettes - Cigars - Pipes every one was smoking and drinking..

Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 PM

358 posts, read 1,000,010 times
I remember when beauty salon chairs had ashtrays built into the arm of the chair. Can you imagine a customer actually blowing smoke in the stylist's face while having her hair done?!

Old 08-03-2016, 08:41 PM

I'm so old I remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32WXKzwdNTw

As a kid... you did not sit in "Those Chairs" 3 chairs.. over in the corner.. They had " ADULT" Men's Magazines.. Nothing like to day.. but enough for a young boy's eyes to glaze over.. and " Joe" the barber kept a close watch on you !!! And the " Seat" that went across the arm rest of the barbers chair.. 35 feet off the floor.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:55 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
I'm so old I remember Hare Krishna at the major airports all across the US when traveling in uniform passing out flowers and dancing.. this was years for TSA. And when you waited for the smoking sign just after take off... the booze wagon in the isle and cigarette in hand... the cabin was so full of smoke it looked like Cheech & Chong movie.. Cigarettes - Cigars - Pipes every one was smoking and drinking..
I remember when it was like this !

I also remember the flower children and hippies playing their guitars everywhere and dancing! Such free spirits !

Even watching movies and sitcoms from the 60s & 70s everyone is smoking everywhere. I remember when it was like this. It was always time for a cocktail ! Walk into someone's house in the morning "would you like a drink" it wasn't even cocktail hour yet, didnt matter back then there really wasn't awareness about drinking. However, when it was cocktail hour, I remember the neighbors would come over for cocktails !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics