Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 04:26 AM

16,915 posts, read 16,166,144 times

Advertisements

I wish I were there! (knock knock, it's just me, roosty! Lol, how rude would that be?!!!) 5:28 a.m......

~ How long has it been since you went and ate somewhere at someplace away from your home? I am well aware that this has been asked recently but I don't really care. It's always a valid question. So if you are going to want to write in response
(wahhhh, this was just asked this week, then answer this one instead: Have you ever taken an I.Q. test?

~ Things that help you sleep better:
For me it is my alprazalam (generic Xanax)

~Do you drink any coffee kind of drink sometimes? Well, tell us all what kind of stuff you do then!

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake?

~ About how often do you retrieve your mail from your mailbox?

~ Have you any railing in your bath/ shower to hold on to? And, you do have a bath mat in your tub to prevent from slipping,
right?

~ Are you happy with your water pressure?

~ pasta styles that you buy or enjoy:

~ How is your eyesight these days?

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want?

***** I hope this week is better than this past week! All good things to be yours, I wish to you! *****

***** Kitty is still doing fine and has lots of love from everyone every day *****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 04:45 AM

126,340 posts, read 19,117,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I wish I were there! (knock knock, it's just me, roosty! Lol, how rude would that be?!!!) 5:28 a.m....................Oh I am awake since 4am...getting used to time change

~ How long has it been since you went and ate somewhere at someplace away from your home? ...........I have been enjoying a lot of seafood lately
I am well aware that this has been asked recently but I don't really care. It's always a valid question. So if you are going to want to write in response
(wahhhh, this was just asked this week, then answer this one instead: Have you ever taken an I.Q. test? ..............Nope

~ Things that help you sleep better: ...............I fall asleep fast

~Do you drink any coffee kind of drink sometimes? Well, tell us all what kind of stuff you do then! ................Sometimes an ice coffee and on rare occasion a Irish coffee

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake?............When I learned to make them

~ About how often do you retrieve your mail from your mailbox?.............Daily or every second day

~ Have you any railing in your bath/ shower to hold on to? And, you do have a bath mat in your tub to prevent from slipping,
right?............Yes was recently installed

~ Are you happy with your water pressure?.............Yes

~ pasta styles that you buy or enjoy:........... Linguini whole wheat

~ How is your eyesight these days? ..................Not as good as in my younger years

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want?...............Too early

***** I hope this week is better than this past week! All good things to be yours, I wish to you! *****

***** Kitty is still doing fine and has lots of love from everyone every day *****

Thank you roosty and only the BEST to YOU!

Old 08-25-2023, 04:47 AM

11,393 posts, read 9,316,239 times
I wish I were there! (knock knock, it's just me, roosty! Lol, how rude would that be?!!!) 5:28 a.m...... - I was awake. Good luck on finding me. As mentioned my apartment is well hidden.

~ How long has it been since you went and ate somewhere at someplace away from your home? I am well aware that this has been asked recently but I don't really care. It's always a valid question. So if you are going to want to write in response. - 3-4 weeks ago, local bagel shop for a breakfast.

Oh yeah, I bought 2 slices of mushroom pizza recently at a place that sells by the slice and ate at one of their tables.

(wahhhh, this was just asked this week, then answer this one instead: Have you ever taken an I.Q. test? - Never did.

- Nope, don't need any of that. Sometimes I wake up too early but I usually can go back to sleep after an hour or 2.

~Do you drink any coffee kind of drink sometimes? Well, tell us all what kind of stuff you do then! - My opinion on that is well known, LOL.

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake? - It's been decades since I last made and I don't have an interest anymore.

~ About how often do you retrieve your mail from your mailbox? - Average 4 times per week. Mostly just to keep it clean.

~ Have you any railing in your bath/ shower to hold on to? And, you do have a bath mat in your tub to prevent from slipping, - Nothing like that here.

~ Are you happy with your water pressure? - It's okay, I guess.

~ pasta styles that you buy or enjoy: - Chicken parmigiana and spaghetti. Not homemade by me.

~ How is your eyesight these days? - Need glasses but it could be worse.

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want? - Pass on the meatballs and I an not due for the other choices. Had both recently but not the sandwich listed.

- Thanks and good to hear.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:14 AM

9,744 posts, read 14,304,345 times
I wish I were there! (knock knock, it's just me, roosty! Lol, how rude would that be?!!!) 5:28 a.m......
Not rude at all! I'm up between 4 and 5 a.m. every day. Stop by!

~ How long has it been since you went and ate somewhere at someplace away from your home? I am well aware that this has been asked recently but I don't really care. It's always a valid question. So if you are going to want to write in response
I was at our local in-town restaurant last week, where we townies gather.

(wahhhh, this was just asked this week, then answer this one instead: Have you ever taken an I.Q. test?
No, I never have.

I don't need any help sleeping. I fall asleep quickly and sleep through the night (maybe one bathroom trip)

~Do you drink any coffee kind of drink sometimes? Well, tell us all what kind of stuff you do then! Sometimes, I stop, on my way to work at a McDonalds for a hot cappuccino with hazelnut flavor.

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake? I don't think so.

Every morning, between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. I check my mail box on my front covered porch.

~ Have you any railing in your bath/ shower to hold on to? And, you do have a bath mat in your tub to prevent from slipping, right? My second floor bathroom was remodeled 2 years ago, has a stand-up shower, with sliding glass doors, and YES, a bath mat and railing.

~ Are you happy with your water pressure? [Yes

~ pasta styles that you buy or enjoy: spaghetti

~ How is your eyesight these days? Good. I had an eye exam 6 months ago....no changes, no cataracts, no new eye glasses needed

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want? I'm done with pizza for awhile....had it last night.

I've had a string of good weeks, mainly because I love what I do, working with Veterans and being busy traveling up and down the state.

Sounds like Kitty is happy as a lark!

Thanks for the Questions, Roosty. Your fun posts are very entertaining and uplifting! Have a great day!

Old 08-25-2023, 05:47 AM

35,266 posts, read 17,183,797 times
I wish I were there! (knock knock, it's just me, roosty! Lol, how rude would that be?!!!) 5:28 a.m...... Thanks for the questions

(wahhhh, this was just asked this week, then answer this one instead: Have you ever taken an I.Q. test? Went to work yesterday

For me it is my alprazalam (generic Xanax) Reading before bedtime

~Do you drink any coffee kind of drink sometimes? Well, tell us all what kind of stuff you do then! Ice coffee and then my day's chores

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake? Yes

~ About how often do you retrieve your mail from your mailbox? Once a day six days a week (or my sons or wife do)

right? No and no

~ Are you happy with your water pressure? Usually yes; I'll find out in a minute

~ pasta styles that you buy or enjoy: My wife does the shopping

~ How is your eyesight these days? Wish it were better but always had weak right eye.

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want? I'll see what cafeteria has for lunch

Old 08-25-2023, 05:57 AM

30,640 posts, read 16,308,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Good. You can feed Pest kitty so I can sleep a bit more.

yesterday at a diner that opened in 1939 and is still growing strong.

nope

~ Things that help you sleep better: fresh air and exercise

~Do you drink any coffee kind of drink sometimes? Well, tell us all what kind of stuff you do then!

no. coffee is yukky

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake?
every time I tried to make one. Rarely eat them now but when I do I just get frozen ones.

every day

right?
should but don't. no tub.

~ Are you happy with your water pressure? yup

I never met a pasta I don't like. Way too much. maybe I should say weigh too much.

could be better

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want?
maybe later.

thank you, roosty. good to hear about Kitty.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:57 AM

1,390 posts, read 626,605 times
wish I were there! (knock knock, it's just me, roosty! Lol, how rude would that be?!!!) 5:28 a.m......

### Ate out last night.

### Chai tea with a little goat milk. When the old bones start complaining, I take an Aleve PM and sometimes a 5 mg melatonin together.

### Lattes, cortados and espresso martinis are my preferred coffee drinks

### Yes, when it becomes hopeless it’s made into scrambled pancakes.

### Temporarily at the moment every other day.

~ Have you any railing in your bath/ shower to hold on to? And, you do have a bath mat in your tub to prevent from slipping, right?

### No bar railing, at this time. We have foldable benches in the shower, and bath mat in the tub

~ Are you happy with your water pressure?

### I think it’s less pressure in the last few years

### I enjoy black squid ink pasta. I enjoy buying the imported Italian egg pasta at Home Goods. It’s affordable and sometimes less than supermarket prices. I like it also because by law and standards Euros have put in their label the allow egg content to call it egg pasta. They also do that with chocolate in order to be called chocolate. Their chocolate have more content of it than American chocolate, which has wax fillers.

### Worst as I age.

### Tuna salad with a hard boiled egg in the mix.

### Thank you, mr roosty, same to you and everyone here. THX for the QOTD

### Good to hear kitty is doing good.

### A kitty story with a happy ending.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cats/commen...wn_across_the/

Old 08-25-2023, 06:25 AM

37,806 posts, read 41,094,709 times

~ How long has it been since you went and ate somewhere at someplace away from your home? I am well aware that this has been asked recently but I don't really care. It's always a valid question. So if you are going to want to write in response (wahhhh, this was just asked this week, then answer this one instead: Have you ever taken an I.Q. test?
Yes when I was 12.

~ Things that help you sleep better: For me it is my alprazalam (generic Xanax) Being tired when I go to sleep. Sometimes reading. Sometimes listening to music. I know the latter is true because I wake up with my headphones still on.

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake? Always.

~ About how often do you retrieve your mail from your mailbox? Once a week or once every 2 weeks.

~ Have you any railing in your bath/ shower to hold on to? And, you do have a bath mat in your tub to prevent from slipping, right? No, I have a bench.

~ Are you happy with your water pressure? Yes

~ pasta styles that you buy or enjoy: Styles? ricotta cavatelli, rigatoni, cheese ravioli, rotini, thin spaghetti.

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want? Had meatball sub earlier this week.

Old 08-25-2023, 06:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,167,300 times
Good morning, rainroosty and kitty, and thank you!

~ How long has it been since you went and ate somewhere at someplace away from your home? Yesterday. I am well aware that this has been asked recently but I don't really care. It's always a valid question. So if you are going to want to write in response
(wahhhh, this was just asked this week, then answer this one instead: Have you ever taken an I.Q. test? I'll answer both - and yes to the second one.

~ Things that help you sleep better: A fan!

~Do you drink any coffee kind of drink sometimes? Well, tell us all what kind of stuff you do then! I drink three cups of coffee every single morning, and often drink a cup of tea later in the day.

~ Have you ever, ever, made a pancake and had it come out looking nothing like a pancake? Not that I recall.

~ About how often do you retrieve your mail from your mailbox? Every day.

~ Have you any railing in your bath/ shower to hold on to? And, you do have a bath mat in your tub to prevent from slipping, right? No railing and no bathmat but my bathtub is not slick at all on the bottom.

~ Are you happy with your water pressure? Yes.

~ pasta styles that you buy or enjoy: Very thin spaghetti. Rice lasagna noodles.

~ How is your eyesight these days? Perfect. 20/20 in one eye and 20/40 in the other.

~ Maybe it's about time for some pizza or a chicken parmigiana sandwich? Or meatball... or whatever you want? I think I want chicken tacos on corn tortillas!

Old 08-25-2023, 06:28 AM

6,913 posts, read 4,928,252 times
A thunder and lightning storm woke me up about a half hour ago or I would be happily asleep. It was a beautiful show, lighting up my view of the valley. I am an excellent sleeper - no help required. I was worried a lightning strike might set my woods on fire. There was a burst of rain, but not enough to quench the dry earth.

Coffee is nasty stuff. Pttttoui!

I went out for BBQ baby back ribs just yesterday.

I don't care much for sandwiches. I make a great chicken salad but I usually eat on crackers. I do like grilled cheese on sourdough. Or sourdough rye. I use gruyere and cheddar, then sprinkle with Parmesan.

I buy various pastas. Penne, spaghetti, locally crafted egg noodles, linguine, occasional odd shapes I find at the World Market. I make my own pasta sauce.

I'm glad kitty is doing well.

Suddenly there is more rain! I hope it lasts this time. I'd like it to rain a couple inches. Such a fantasy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics