Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 02:18 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,461,719 times

Advertisements

What's on your kitchen counter right now?
Microwave, toaster oven, container of spoons and spatulas, etc.
Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of?
I've kept calendars into the next year for notes written on them. Then tossed when not needed.
Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box?
Have in different places since the 1990s.
Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college?
Did not.
What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live?
Barbecue and fried chicken. Though it's a beverage, I'll add tea.

Thx, PegE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2023, 03:02 PM

50,423 posts, read 64,172,963 times
Oh dear, I forgot my canisters. I would hate to be arrested for lying to the QOTD police.

Old 10-14-2023, 03:20 PM

10,181 posts, read 1,038,167 times
Toaster, waffle maker, crockpot, coffee maker, cereal containers, fruit bowl, utensils.

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of? I keep the calender -- I write doc visits - important appointments -- good for a reference.

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box? NO

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? Yes, and I still have it -- I graduated High School in 1973.

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live? Italian food - I'm from New York.

Last edited by nandorrei; 10-14-2023 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: more bold

Old 10-14-2023, 03:53 PM

7,385 posts, read 5,499,296 times
What's on your kitchen counter right now? Keurig. Toaster. Paper towel holder. Microwave.

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of? No

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box? No

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? No

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live? Sweet corn. Soy beans. Because of farms all over. Restaurants: fried chicken. Pizza. Pork tenderloin sandwiches.

Old 10-14-2023, 06:28 PM

27,385 posts, read 27,429,648 times
Kitchen counter.... dishrack, microwave, some Rx bottles for those in this house who have to take them.
Depending on where I lived, yes, Ive had P O Boxes.
In this neck of redneck country, we either fry or grill out almost everything.
Happy Sunday~~~

Old 10-14-2023, 11:05 PM

44,388 posts, read 20,111,153 times
What's on your kitchen counter right now? Two cutting boards; Cuisinart; a few spice bottles; 1 bottle of balsamic and 2 bottles of olive oil I purchased in Greece; a crock with a bunch of utensils in it.

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of? Yes, a few times. They were ones that I made myself from my own photos.

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box? I had a P. O. box for a couple of years in the late 80s.

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? Yes. Many of my classmates has class rings for a few years before graduation, but I did not have one. During my senior year, my older sister bought me a class ring as a gift. So sweet and generous. More than 50 years later, I still wear it on occasion.

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live? Gee, I don't know. The population is pretty diverse and eclectic here in NW IN, and I can't think of a particular cuisine associated with the area.

Thanks for the cool questions, PegE.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-18-2023, 05:10 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,615,465 times
rice maker, rice canister, cutting mats, some spices, oven mitts, spoon rest, a big bag of rice I didn’t put in the canister yesterday.

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of?
yes, and for other reasons as well. I know I have at least one old calendar that has a bunch of penguin pics .

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box?
Yes-ish. It was a DPO/APO box - one difference is that mail that can’t be delivered to a regular PO Box can be delivered to a DPO address.

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college?
no

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live?
Heinz Ketchup - the only ketchup! Pierogies. Primanti’s sandwiches - they were putting fries inside sandwiches before it was a thing. Classic treats to bring back from Pittsburgh, PA - Sarris chocolate covered pretzels - best ever!

Thanks Peg!
Posting Guide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics