Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 06:08 AM

3,249 posts, read 1,083,825 times

Advertisements

Good morning.

What's on your kitchen counter right now?
The usual things, toaster, blender etc.
Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of?
Yes. Pictures of an avatar.
Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box?
Yes.
Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college?
No.
What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live?
Oranges, avocados, lemons etc.

Thanks Peg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2023, 06:33 AM

9,776 posts, read 14,347,783 times
What's on your kitchen counter right now? Toaster, Microwave

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of?
No

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box? No

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? Yes

Peaches, Scrapple, Chicken, Crabs (Delaware Bay)

Thanks, Peg

Old 10-14-2023, 06:40 AM

126,429 posts, read 19,188,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
What's on your kitchen counter right now? ...........Kitchen paper roll on a stand,wooden board,toaster oven,knife stand and cooking cutlery

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of? ...........No

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box?.........No

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? ...........Yes

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live?..........There are small family breweries and all kind of restaurants from different countries

Thank you Peg

Old 10-14-2023, 06:50 AM

35,440 posts, read 17,347,664 times
What's on your kitchen counter right now? I don't know. I am in the study and have not been downstairs yet.

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of? Yes. And my phone and office Outlook rarely delete calendars on their own. To give you a serious answer, sometimes calendars with historical, geographic, wildlife or pet pictures are keepers.

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box? Closest thing was in my college dorms.

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? No.

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live? Under pressure I would say Mexican food, Peruvian food or pizza. We live in a polyglot county.

Old 10-14-2023, 07:55 AM

50,512 posts, read 64,443,704 times
What's on your kitchen counter right now? Keurig coffeemaker, toaster, crock of miscellaneous utensils.

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of? I have kept some, but not because of the pictures, but because I am curious about when things occurred…like, when did the hummingbirds come last year, or when did we switch the heat on?

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box? Nope

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? No.

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live? Shrimp, fried chicken, collard greens, boiled peanuts, okra.

Old 10-14-2023, 08:01 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,440,679 times

A basket thing with bananas and oranges, a few clean dishes, a spoon rest.

Ricky Martin.

No.

Yes.

Tex Mex.

Old 10-14-2023, 08:56 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,639,257 times
What's on your kitchen counter right now? Microwave and a bunch of junk that doesn't need to be there. lol

Have you ever kept a calendar past its year because you liked the pictures and what were they pictures of? Nope

Have you ever had a PO Box or post office box? Yup

Did you get a class ring when you graduated high school or college? Yup. High school

What foods do you consider authentic to or representing where you live? Bar be cue?

Old 10-14-2023, 10:17 AM

24,599 posts, read 26,166,054 times
From memory: Calendar, mail, cutting board, knife block, blender, stand mixer, spoon rest, 4 cannisters with stuff, water kettle,Kurieg, paper towel holder. Lots of counter space so I probably missed some.

Classic and custom cars and airplanes.

No, but grandma had one in the 40's. PO box 201.

Yep, High school.

Tacos, burritos, tamales and pizza.

Thanx PegE for the neat-O Q's.

Old 10-14-2023, 10:29 AM

21,653 posts, read 8,808,886 times
Canisters (flour, white sugar, brown sugar, coffee), coffee maker, spoon rest, fruit basket, liquid hand soap, toaster, microwave oven.
I keep them all, but not because the pictures are reproductions of art works that I like but because it's a record of my social activities, medical appointments, etc.
No, I haven't.
No, I didn't.
Crab, sourdough bread, It's Its (ice cream sandwiches made with oatmeal cookies and covered in chocolate), Irish coffee.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 10-14-2023, 11:54 AM

429 posts, read 164,296 times
I have no clue... I mostly eat stuff I have back in my room.

Yes. I'm ashamed to admit I have many calendars, probably even going back into the 2000s somewhere. I'm not too bad of a hoarder, I promise! Most of my calendars have been dogs, and the pictures are cute.

No.

I did, and then proceeded to never wear it. lol. I also have ones for marching band championships - those are really neat!

Authentic to Oklahoma? I suppose I could stereotype it like Texas and say beef and steak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics