Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 07:52 AM

9,728 posts, read 14,273,043 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What was the last thing you did outside?
Last evening...I checked to make sure the spotlight was shining on my outside American Flag, and to straighten a couple of smaller flags that I have around the border of my front yard, 28 of them.
NOTE: Veterans Day is Saturday Nov. 11th.....remember our Vets....all of them!

What's something you've recently observed of nature? 2 more doggy poops in my front yard

Do coupons cause you to buy things you wouldn't have otherwise? No. I went through a stage when I was young, and always clipped coupons, and filed them away (alphabetically) in my carry-on coupon box. I soon got tired of all that work!

Do you sometimes add digital coupons to an account before going to the grocery store? No, whatever that is.

Foodie Question(s):
If you won free pizza for a year where would you want it to be from? Only Grotto Pizza, a Delaware tradition.

Do you think you could ever get tired of pizza? Yes! I only want pizza about once every 6 weeks, or so.

Thanks, bjh

Last edited by rdlr; 11-09-2023 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2023, 08:08 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
PAhippo silly me - I left you a note before I read your answers. I’ve noticed a lack of woolly bears too! I look for them because my husband is grossed out by them and I’m a monster I miss feeling their little suction cup feet as they walk on me.
Posting Guide

Old 11-09-2023, 08:20 AM

3,127 posts, read 1,019,067 times
Good morning.

I gazed at the stars today at 5 in the morning.
What's something you've recently observed of nature?
With the colder weather, animals are hungrier now.
Do coupons cause you to buy things you wouldn't have otherwise?
Yes, if I get a coupon for JOANN for instance, I go there and buy something that I would use in the future.
Do you sometimes add digital coupons to an account before going to the grocery store?
I don't usually use coupons for grocery stores.
Foodie Question(s):
If you won free pizza for a year where would you want it to be from?
I would want a very good personal chef (must be Italian!) to come to my house every time I feel like eating pizza. And I want this person to cook for me/us a different pizza every time. Using fresh, great quality ingredients. And I want to observe the process and help the chef sometimes. And I would like to talk to him in Italian to improve my conversation and accent skills. And then make the pizza myself, later, after the year ends. And then deliver pizzas as a present to all of you.
Do you think you could ever get tired of pizza?
It depends. If the conditions are as I described above, I would not.
Funny story: When I emigrated here, the first thing that I did was to go with my husband to a small restaurant and order pizza. It was a hole in the wall, we had to order standing and it was very small. Since we were vegetarians at that time, we wanted vegetarian pizza. The girl there said that there were no options for vegetarian pizza. We were very disappointed, of course and started to leave. But then she suddenly exclaimed: "Wait, we do have one vegetarian pizza, I forgot! This one, with pepperoni!"

We were a little confused because we didn't know what pepperoni was, I was thinking about Bell peppers or something like that. Remember, English is a foreign language for us and 19 years ago it was even more foreign than today. Anyway...we asked: "But is it not meat?" And she said: "Oh nooo, it's just pepperoni!" And so on and so forth for many minutes...until we realized that it was in fact made from meat.

Thanks. Have a great day.

Old 11-09-2023, 09:04 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Today's Question(s):

What's something you've recently observed of nature? The beauty of the changing and falling leaves; lots of birds at my feeders stocking up on calories.

Do coupons cause you to buy things you wouldn't have otherwise? No. I occasionally use a coupon, but only if it's for something I would have purchased anyway.

Do you sometimes add digital coupons to an account before going to the grocery store? At one store, I do. It's Meijer: one of those huge department stores that has groceries in addition to just about anything else you can imagine.

Foodie Question(s):
If you won free pizza for a year where would you want it to be from? Peddlers, a restaurant in my city. They have a cracker-crust pizza which is divine. https://www.peddlerspizzapub.com/

Do you think you could ever get tired of pizza? If I ate it often, probably. However, pizza is a rarity for me (once every few months), so when I have it, it's a real treat.

Remember this Thursday expires at 11:59 p.m. 11/09/2023. Thanks! Have a good one. Thanks a bunch, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-09-2023, 09:35 AM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Today's Question(s):
Went out and picked up the daily paper.

A hummer feeding in the blooming sage plant while getting the paper.

Very, very rarely.

Do you sometimes add digital coupons to an account before going to the grocery store?
No,coupons are automaticaly applied at checkout.

Foodie Question(s):
Lamp post pizza.

Yes if eaten daily, no if weekly.

Remember this Thursday expires at 11:59 p.m. 11/09/2023. Thanks! Have a good one.
Thanx bjh. time should be 11:59:59 Interesting coupon/pizza Q's.

Old 11-09-2023, 11:25 AM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Before they expire be sure to use . . .Thanks for posting questions

Today's Question(s):
What was the last thing you did outside? Walked out to my car to pick up something I forgot.

What's something you've recently observed of nature? The Hudson River, driving into NYC yesterday afternoon.

Do coupons cause you to buy things you wouldn't have otherwise? Yes, especially freebies.

Do you sometimes add digital coupons to an account before going to the grocery store? Yes

Foodie Question(s):
If you won free pizza for a year where would you want it to be from? Glenville Pizza

Do you think you could ever get tired of pizza? After a slice or two.

Remember this Thursday expires at 11:59 p.m. 11/09/2023. Thanks! Have a good one. Not expired yet.

Old 11-09-2023, 04:15 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Today's Question(s):
Trimmed tree limbs.
Low flying geese over our backyard.
Not usually, but I'm sure it's happened.
Kind of gotten into it to shop the sales. Another retirement interest.
Foodie Question(s):
A local chain.
I don't think so.

Thanks, me!

Old 11-09-2023, 05:28 PM

38,911 posts, read 22,906,011 times
Today's Question(s):
Swept outside my house.

A Monarch butterfly, flock of birds flying overhead.

No

I only use hard-copy coupons.

Foodie Question(s):
Either Valentina's (local business) or Papa John's.

Sure.

Remember this Thursday expires at 11:59 p.m. 11/09/2023. Thanks! Have a good one.
Yes, it was. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2023, 07:19 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,799,037 times
Before they expire be sure to use . . .

Today's Question(s):
Nothing in the yard, just groceries, Staples to make copies, and other shopping, yesterday.

The leaves changing, the peak is over in the mountains and we're seeing the changes here now. It's really pretty this time of year.

I've never been a big coupon user, I can't be bothered and I forget to use them lol. I save money in other ways.

No. How do you do that?

Foodie Question(s):
I don't know, I would say Pizza Hut but they haven't been so good lately. Oh wait, yes I do know. There's a Mom & Pop Pizza Place a few miles away, that's the one.

Nope. Unless it was really bad pizza.

LOL thanks bjh

Old 11-09-2023, 09:58 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
time should be 11:59:59
That's what I call accuracy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics