Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 04:00 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,413,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I am thinking the political process is worth the vent. I don't feel better about the deal rather worse about what is to come.
I worry about the future. We are really messing it up.

BTW, good job with your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
We have the “best paid” politicians that corporate lobbyists and big business can buy representing the average tax payers; so we get what we deserve. Somebody voted them into office and now we have to hold our noses.
Yeah, unfortunately I think all of our choices are from the same cloth. You can't tell where one ends anymore and the next one begins. It's just a continuation of bad decisions for the American People....but hey...we don't count...just big business and big money. We'll pay for it and we will learn some very hard lessons.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:42 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,254,823 times

Awwww, that gives me a happy heart just reading it. You did good, sun queen!

Quote:
Ok yall... I have decided to accept the pierced ears of my kid... I had a sign or two... I was going to complain to the local Pastor of the church- before I could open my mouth I noticed he had a hole or two in his ear. I also noticed a very well dressed older gentlemen with a hole in his ear working in the men's shoe department at Macy's. About a hundred things ran through my mind, but I was silent. I dropped my son off at his apartment where God only knows what is going My son exited the car and my heart ached for my little guy. Then it happened. I Grew in leaps and bounds... Before I backed out to drive away I rolled the window down and said to my son "u know I think those earrings look pretty good." In that moment he went from being my boy to being the "MAN"... The confident young man that I made! He puffed out his chest, walked a little taller, and smiled from ear to ear. It became apparent to me kids want the approval of their parents no matter how old or young they are. It demonstrates a certain level of respect and the lesson I learned is respect really does work both ways. Now I know what they mean when they talk about Growing Pains It was painful, but I did grow

Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,834,984 times
Quote:
Ok yall... I have decided to accept the pierced ears of my kid... I had a sign or two... I was going to complain to the local Pastor of the church- before I could open my mouth I noticed he had a hole or two in his ear. I also noticed a very well dressed older gentlemen with a hole in his ear working in the men's shoe department at Macy's. About a hundred things ran through my mind, but I was silent. I dropped my son off at his apartment where God only knows what is going My son exited the car and my heart ached for my little guy. Then it happened. I Grew in leaps and bounds... Before I backed out to drive away I rolled the window down and said to my son "u know I think those earrings look pretty good." In that moment he went from being my boy to being the "MAN"... The confident young man that I made! He puffed out his chest, walked a little taller, and smiled from ear to ear. It became apparent to me kids want the approval of their parents no matter how old or young they are. It demonstrates a certain level of respect and the lesson I learned is respect really does work both ways. Now I know what they mean when they talk about Growing Pains It was painful, but I did grow
Oh sun, I just read this, and growing with our kids is so hard. Sometimes I don't know who it is harder for us, or them. Ithink your Pastor was in the right place at the right time for you...

Old 08-02-2011, 08:01 PM

452 posts, read 310,892 times
I think my GF just blatantly ignored my text...

Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 PM

Delivery companies that don't deliver...or people who don't do their jobs. Take your pick.

The driver with our pool table called early this afternoon. He was supposed to be here a few hours later. He called at 5:30pm and by then the rain started. He wanted us to drive to meet him about an hour away to get our pool table. Hubby said we can't do it. We only have an open trailer and we did wait all day and we did pay for delivery They will be back tomorrow. Looks like we will have to wait around again tomorrow until they show up. Ugh!!!

I thought when you pay for delivery you don't have to pick it up Another day will be wasted waiting for them

Old 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape317 View Post
I think my GF just blatantly ignored my text...
Sorry about that.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,903,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Delivery companies that don't deliver...or people who don't do their jobs. Take your pick.

The driver with our pool table called early this afternoon. He was supposed to be here a few hours later. He called at 5:30pm and by then the rain started. He wanted us to drive to meet him about an hour away to get our pool table. Hubby said we can't do it. We only have an open trailer and we did wait all day and we did pay for delivery They will be back tomorrow. Looks like we will have to wait around again tomorrow until they show up. Ugh!!!

I thought when you pay for delivery you don't have to pick it up Another day will be wasted waiting for them
I feel your pain! How stupid are they?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 AM

306 posts, read 135,829 times
loud (as in rock the whole building loud) snoring, the guy in the room next door is very bad for it and the walls are paper thin, not much i can do about it though (except complain about it on this thread)

Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust2Dust View Post
loud (as in rock the whole building loud) snoring, the guy in the room next door is very bad for it and the walls are paper thin, not much i can do about it though (except complain about it on this thread)

Can you get some ear plugs? At least you might be able to sleep.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,281,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

Such as waste of time when you are waiting for a delivery.........rarely do they ever show up when promised.

Hope they don't keep you waiting too long today!! Enjoy your new pool table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics