Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,450,670 times

Advertisements

I've got up far too early because it's one of those (rare) mornings where I can't sleep for Jesus. I'll probably be bad mooded and tired all day.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:52 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,450,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Isn’t that the truth!

Today I ordered an item (large one) and they need to ship by a LARGE truck for delivery. They told me in the email that they would deliver to the driveway at the curb on the street. The driver would NOT bring it into the house or the garage. There would be no exceptions to this rule, and I had to sign the delivery paperwork to except the item or they wouldn’t leave it. I sure hope that this isn’t the same driver you had Lisa? lol They also told me it would take 4-5 weeks before being shipped. I’m not in a hurry for it, but I don’t want to be out on the street near the curb opening a large crate during the hot time of the day and then trying to get it into the garage. Please don’t be Lisa’s driver coming here. lol
Uh oh. Is it a heavy item? As the time gets closer you will know the day they will be there. Maybe you can get someone to help you. At least in 4-5 weeks it won't be so hot out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
I've got up far too early because it's one of those (rare) mornings where I can't sleep for Jesus. I'll probably be bad mooded and tired all day.
Good luck to you. I hate when that happens.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,941,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Uh oh. Is it a heavy item? As the time gets closer you will know the day they will be there. Maybe you can get someone to help you. At least in 4-5 weeks it won't be so hot out
Yes,,,, it's heavy. I hope they have a liftgated truck. When they call to confirm date and time the truck is coming out, I'll ask about the liftgate. The good news, it won't be as hot,,, thanks Lisa for thinking of that. Sept will be much cooler.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,351,789 times
Some people... all the time others some of the time, but no good sense in Washington none of the time.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:45 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,523,254 times
Walked in the store and there it was ... a twin pack of color ink cartridges for my photo printer. Good. That will give me a spare. And only $39.97 for the twin pack. Right there on the shelf beside the empty spot for the single packs. And single packs are $19.97 each if they have them.

Wait ... $19.97 x 2 = $39.94.

THIS is why you won't catch me at Wally World very often.

Do you think they would give me the price for 2 single packs since they were out of them? NOPE. Tried it.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:26 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,470,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Walked in the store and there it was ... a twin pack of color ink cartridges for my photo printer. Good. That will give me a spare. And only $39.97 for the twin pack. Right there on the shelf beside the empty spot for the single packs. And single packs are $19.97 each if they have them.

Wait ... $19.97 x 2 = $39.94.

THIS is why you won't catch me at Wally World very often.

Do you think they would give me the price for 2 single packs since they were out of them? NOPE. Tried it.
I'm always dividing sale prices with regular prices to see what kind of discount
there "really" is(if any) or if it's even worth the bother.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:12 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,523,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'm always dividing sale prices with regular prices to see what kind of discount
there "really" is(if any) or if it's even worth the bother.
The bad thing is, neither one of these was a sale price. How many people look at it and say "Look, I can get 2 this way. It has to be a better deal." I think the big box stores count on it that way.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,294,332 times
LOL...rrtech, many years ago when I worked for a drug store chain, the manager came up with a plan. We had a bin full of the store brand equivalent of scotch tape. He told the cashiers what he was going to do and told us to charge the correct price. He got on the microphone and said, "Attention shoppers. For the next 10 minutes only, we have a sale on Fay's celophane tape. Regularly 25 cents each, now three for a dollar." Well,l you wouldn't believe the people who fell for it. I tried explaining it to one man and he INSISTED that he get his 3 for a dollar. So I charged him $1, but I did give him an extra roll when he wasn't looking.

OK...my vent for the day:

Had an MRI done on my leg this a.m. and am now coming up with all sorts of things that could possibly be wrong with me.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:09 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,287,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
OK...my vent for the day:

Had an MRI done on my leg this a.m. and am now coming up with all sorts of things that could possibly be wrong with me.

Hope everything turns out well for you. I have a theory for this, worry like crazy and when all is well you can scold yourself for being such a worry wart...........it works for me.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,470,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
LOL...rrtech, many years ago when I worked for a drug store chain, the manager came up with a plan. We had a bin full of the store brand equivalent of scotch tape. He told the cashiers what he was going to do and told us to charge the correct price. He got on the microphone and said, "Attention shoppers. For the next 10 minutes only, we have a sale on Fay's celophane tape. Regularly 25 cents each, now three for a dollar." Well,l you wouldn't believe the people who fell for it. I tried explaining it to one man and he INSISTED that he get his 3 for a dollar. So I charged him $1, but I did give him an extra roll when he wasn't looking.

OK...my vent for the day
That wasn't legal and your Boss could have been sued for entrappment and fraud. Swindling the public into a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics