Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,757,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
The most stressful thing about this storm is the death of one person Sunday. Last night the news included that she was thrown from her home about 200 feet into the woods. She was clutching her 3 year child and still had her arms wrapped around the child when she was found. So sad.
News comment: She was found still cradling her child, who was being treated at a Tampa hospital. "She never let go of her little one, even in death," Highland County Sheriff Susan Benton said.
Yes, that is very sad. Any update on the child's condition?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:38 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,273,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Yes, that is very sad. Any update on the child's condition?
The little girl had broken pelvis and ribs but is in stable condition. That loss and the way the mother held onto her little girl lingers in my mind. It was such an incredible thing for her to do keeping her arms wrapped around the child instead of instinctively grabbing something to keep herself from getting airborn. Amazing.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:19 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,273,724 times
Have spent the entire day on computer virus issues. I thought my Mac laptop was free & clear and as I sipped coffee and opened it up, Kaspersky advised a trojan was attempting entry. Went back to the desktop, dumped all the anti virus freebies and bought McAfee. Even thought I bought their highest priced version, somehow McAfee downloaded a cheaper version. So on the phone with a techie for a long time. Ended up giving him permission to access my PC (just like we do at work) and he looked at everything, downloaded the right one, blah blah. But done with him, supposedly all fixed, I rebooted and the PC immediately opened McAfee window to say it was removing existing McAfee to upload new stuff. ????? We just did that! Crap! Rebooted again, same thing, so I left it go through the paces.

Now I need to get back on the Mac and give it McAfee since the purchase is supposed to be good for 3 PC's.

If I knew the identity of the hacker, I'd be compelled to pay someone to kick his arse .... maybe break some fingers. I have a headache.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,001,736 times
I've got a dental checkup this morning I don't want to go.

Although the dental hygienists (female) is very good to me and never causes any pain that I can't deal with. lol

Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,513,129 times
Angry Contacting Customer Service

Any customer service, anywhere. Why is it, when you take the time to email your question to a customer service dept, instead of getting a simple and straightforward answer it takes them a minimum of 3-4 paragraphs to tell you what you need to know? And it's usually only after you've read the damn thing a couple of times, taking each sentence apart one by one, that you can finally understand what it is they're banging on about! And sometimes they don't even answer the original bloody question anyway!!!

What happened to the good old days of "Yes" or "No"?

Sincerely
Banging-head-against-desk-whilst-trying-to-control-twitching-eyelid

Old 06-28-2012, 03:47 PM

52,504 posts, read 53,062,414 times
A customer that I have to deal with a lot is sooooooooooooo completely and utterly incompetent. I don't know how he keeps his job.

His incompetence cost me time, energy and frustration to the point of me asking my supervisors to reassign me to another project.

I asked and they blew me off, gave me some pat answered about getting people trained to replace me, blah blah blah

Another gripe, the more you are capable of, the more shyt that management dumps on you....

Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 AM

52,504 posts, read 53,062,414 times
There is this guy at work in the cubicle next me, he's slurping his coffee continuously to the point of extreme annoyance.

Just wait for the damn shyt to cool off a bit....

Old 06-29-2012, 04:08 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,732,074 times
Signal before you brake. BEFOREEEEE

Old 06-30-2012, 10:48 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,798,523 times
Default So tired of people who always want (feel entitled to) deals and discounts.

I drive a taxi and have had it with people thinking I'm out there 'just having fun driving around'. Expecting deals and discounts. Things are priced the way they are for a reason. You want a reduced price go to an 'overstock' or 'discontinued product' sale. Clip those coupons. Driving is how I pay my bills/rent, buy food, and save a few bucks as well. Had quite enough of people with such entitlement/control issues in places of management/ownership in my day. I'm now (95%) my own boss. All I have to do is not kill anyone to keep this status.

I tell those that ask for such deals and discounts, this...

"You want a deal? I tell you what... you call (bosses name) and tell him to give me a discount on my $73/day taxi lease. Then call the gas station and tell them to give me a discount on my fuel bill. Then call the grocery store, cell phone carrier, cable and car insurance company and tell them to give me a discount. Then you can get a deal on your taxi fare."

Pretty much shuts 'em up.

I could give specifics... but that would just be redundant.

Personally, I would never ask/expect a deal or discount. (never have - even from family - we all have to make a living) But I sure wouldn't turn one down. And don't.

Make your comment below... (it's free)...

Old 06-30-2012, 11:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,001,736 times
^^^ LOL

This is the discounted fare; normally I charge more for stupid people in my cab. You’re getting a deal today. The bus company gives discounted fares but you have to ride with 35 other people and they don’t take you directly to the address you want to go to. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics