Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 10:05 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,953,354 times

Advertisements

My fix on the control unit for the irrigation unit seems to have failed. Good try but it’s not working as I had hoped so it’s off to the hardware and buying a replacement unit. I’m already prepared to identify that the “new” unit will not have the same “mounting” holes as the old one, so this means more difficulties with installing it. Why don’t they make things “standard”?

Heat of the day for the nation! Seems like the whole country is baking. But don't worry there is no global warming or weather change caused by man. Unless you listen to the scientists that study the condition.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:54 AM

6,888 posts, read 11,280,374 times
Smile In a really bad mood today.....

How can I get out of this?

I've had a really rough year and I'm trying to stay positive every day. My husband is going through a terrible time (legal issue) and we are both self employed. I'm just kind of exasperated this morning and I need to get out of this horrible mood.

I'm trying to think of good things.....any other ideas?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,186,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
My fix on the control unit for the irrigation unit seems to have failed. Good try but it’s not working as I had hoped so it’s off to the hardware and buying a replacement unit. I’m already prepared to identify that the “new” unit will not have the same “mounting” holes as the old one, so this means more difficulties with installing it. Why don’t they make things “standard”?

Heat of the day for the nation! Seems like the whole country is baking. But don't worry there is no global warming or weather change caused by man. Unless you listen to the scientists that study the condition.
Wow, Im having the same problem. I knew something was up when I fired up the sprinklers in the fall. The control unit didnt seem to keep my settings. The control panel is probably around 15 yrs old. Not even sure if I can get a similar unit. If you don't mind, let me know how it worked out.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:11 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,356,849 times
U know this is an excellent post for the stress and venting thread. And once you go there and vent and read a couple of other vents u realize u r not alone. I think misery needs company. I don't have the answers for you my friend, but I can say this take a deep breath, look for the good and take rest as it comes. It is easy to get overwhelmed, but it you find your place of inner peace it will make what you're facing seem not as bleak. I don't know who said "and this too shall pass...", but I have found it to be true "this two shall pass..." Be encouraged

Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 AM

I have an acquaintance that I am want to delete off my Facebook. She has been a stay at mom for years and recently started selling some sort of jewelry through a company. She does home parties. She sends private messages to everyone on her friend list about her upcoming sales. She is also becoming increasingly pushy about it. I live hundreds of miles away from her so I would never go nor would I want to. Then people reply to her which then shows up in my inbox as well, because its a select all type of set up. So I end up having tons of messages in my inbox. I have thought of politely telling her not to include me in these mass messages but judging from how pushy she is about this new career venture, I'm thinking she will not take it well. We don't talk often, probably around once or twice a year. Im thinking about just deleting her.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,527,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I have an acquaintance that I am want to delete off my Facebook. She has been a stay at mom for years and recently started selling some sort of jewelry through a company. She does home parties. She sends private messages to everyone on her friend list about her upcoming sales. She is also becoming increasingly pushy about it. I live hundreds of miles away from her so I would never go nor would I want to. Then people reply to her which then shows up in my inbox as well, because its a select all type of set up. So I end up having tons of messages in my inbox. I have thought of politely telling her not to include me in these mass messages but judging from how pushy she is about this new career venture, I'm thinking she will not take it well. We don't talk often, probably around once or twice a year. Im thinking about just deleting her.
You can block her without deleting her. I did that with a niece for about a year and she never suspected that I wasn't getting her messages.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,239,133 times
Here are some of the things I do when that happens to me:

Go for a walk, no headphones. Just listen to the sounds of the neighborhood, the birds singing, the kids splashing around in their pools.

Work out, extra vigorous. It gets rid of the tension and sometimes results in a nice "runner's high."

Organize something. Stress comes from feeling overwhelmed. So I open my dresser and make everything neat, polish silverware, go through cookbooks and recipe websites and highlight things I'd like to try, clean the refrigerator. Anything that requires some focus, takes my mind off my issue, and yet results in some kind of accomplishment when I'm done with it, so that I feel like I did something productive and useful.

Look around at what I do have, not in a "roof over my head and food in my stomach" oversimplified, generic kind of way, but in a more detailed way. "Wow, I have a really nice collection of music. Amazing, all the options out there." Then I take a few minutes to think about what went into creating it, obtaining it, etc., that didn't exist 50 or 100 years ago.

But the most effective remedy is going out and doing something nice, like opening doors for people, helping someone shorter than I am reach a high shelf at the grocery, finding tourists who look lost and offering directions, running up and putting quarters in the meter before the person who just parked gets out of his car. Random acts of kindness stuff.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
You can block her without deleting her. I did that with a niece for about a year and she never suspected that I wasn't getting her messages.
Oh Really?! Do I put her on the restricted list? or is there another option? Damn FB changes it so often that what used to work before doesn't anymore. She isn't a bad person but Im tired of the sales push big time.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:45 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,065,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Oh Really?! Do I put her on the restricted list? or is there another option? Damn FB changes it so often that what used to work before doesn't anymore. She isn't a bad person but Im tired of the sales push big time.
Click on the X at the upper right-hand side of one of her posts and select "Ignore all from (name)"

Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Click on the X at the upper right-hand side of one of her posts and select "Ignore all from (name)"
Oh, I understand how to do that. Its the private messages that are giving me a headache. I don't see a way of blocking her on that unless I simply block her which is the same as deleting her. I am open to suggestions if someone does have trick with this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics