Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times

Advertisements

I agree, Chatt...you need your own "home".

Aks, I do not miss traveling for 2 or 3 days from NY to FL and back again. I get way too antsy in the car and, on occasion, drink too much soda and have to make too many (in hubby's opinion) stops.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
^^ LOL ,,, yeah those hours on the road are bad. I made an unfortunate mistake of planning a route that took us near two factory outlet locations. We stopped in Castle Rock CO and again in Santa Fe NM to visit and shop at the Coach stores. It makes “one” of us happy when we stop and it’s not me.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ LOL ,,, yeah those hours on the road are bad. I made an unfortunate mistake of planning a route that took us near two factory outlet locations. We stopped in Castle Rock CO and again in Santa Fe NM to visit and shop at the Coach stores. It makes “one” of us happy when we stop and it’s not me.
I'm married to one of those as well. Why do women like walking around shops When we visit Las Vegas, in the evening we see a show, and gamble a little. But, during the day, Judy loves shopping. We even catch a bus to a big Wal-Mart down Boulder Highway. Judy loves the jeans they sell there, and a glance at the groceries. "Look how cheap milk is here David, compared to England"....huh?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Sounds like you made the "right" one happy!!!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 AM

Too many chores to catch up on when returning home. There isn’t enough time to relax and rest before unpacking and starting to get back in the normal. I also had to call the dentist’s office to see about checking on a tooth that started giving me trouble.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:32 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Why does technology always have to break down in the few hours that you have a chance to do something right before the deadline? I can't enter the program I need in order to do my homework that is due at midnight tonight and I didn't have a chance to get to it till now. Now I have to email my professor and ask for yet another extension...and I don't want to come across like a slacker. I'm sure she'll understand but at the same time, extension requests add up.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
I know the feeling ... I've had a few scary moments while I was a studeent, Nimchimpsky ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Ok ... Had to get that off my chest ... Another rough day at work dealing with an irritated parent who's upset with us (I don't blame her but I hated being the one to deal with the situation that I had nothing to do with). Yeah ... I need a vacation ...

Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
On that note, I hate discrimination. I can't even go into too much detail but suffice it to say that the same Deaf people that have fought for their rights, independence, and the ability for society to see them as equally capable, are now trying to define my limitations and "put me in my place" as a Blind person. It's not all Deaf people, just some, but the fact that anyone is at all, is pathetic.

FWIW, I did the homework assignment to the best of my ability without access to the software (aka from memory). But this is bugging me much more. Oppression from the un-oppressed already doesn't make sense, but oppression from other oppressed people makes even less sense. Don't these people remember what it feels like?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 PM

^^^ There are too many people who are simply cruel and fail to understand others. Simply a lack of empathy and compassion!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,148,577 times
Alright...I know this is petty but its been annoying me. For the past two weeks various women on my FB page has been posting pictures of their feet after getting a pedicure. Now okay, I get it they are having some "me" time and wanna show off their painted toes but I don't find feet to be particularly attractive to begin with (except baby feet). In my experience very few people are blessed with attractive feet and none of them are on my page. In fact, I had no idea how horrific these people's feet were even with pretty polish. I'm tired of getting on FB and going.... EWWWW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics