Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,727,330 times

Advertisements

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ?
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc....

Yes. As Mrs Tek is wont to point out, I have never met a stranger.

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ?
You got more information that you needed ?
They just walked away ?
How cool !! you ended up with a new friend ?

Actually, I 'd have to say all of the above. I talk to a lot of people I've never met!

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ?

Two. Where to Retire and PC World.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ?

Subscription to both. Much cheaper.

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ?

Certainly not me. If it wasn't for Mrs. Tek insisting I'd never do it.

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ?

Today in History:
1805 - Lewis and Clark 1st sights Pacific Ocean
1929 - Museum of Modern Art opens in New York City
1933 - Pennsylvania voters overturn blue law, by permitting Sunday sports
1973 - New Jersey becomes 1st state to allow girls into little league
1976 - "Gone With the Wind" televised

Word of the Day:
abeyance \uh-BAY-uhn(t)s\ , noun;
1. Suspension; temporary cessation.

Our cold weather is in abeyance!

Today is:
Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day I read this and smelled bittersweet chocolate. Maybe it's time for a trip to the store...
National Fig Day Yummy! roast pork loin in fig preserves. Mrs. Tek makes a mean one. Now my mouth is watering!!!
Magazine Day
Chemistry Day
International Tongue Twister Day

In case you want to try your hand, er mouth:

1st International Collection of Tongue Twisters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babble

Went to see Anthony Bourdain Thursday night. He's as good in person as he is on the show. Dude really likes Vietnam! Cusses like a sailor and warns you right up front that he will. Good show, but Mrs. Tek got stuck with some Chatty Cathy right next to her. Will someone please explain why people spend a fortune on tickets to listen to someone talk then won't shut up for two hours? Morons every one.

Did yet more shopping today for the cruise. We are soooo close to having everything! Can't find Puffs To Go for some reason so we'll have to settle for Kleenex. Second choice for us, always.

Beautiful weather again today. I hope it holds until we get back. It would be nice to return to something other than freezing temps.

Everyone have a good Sunday!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,858,604 times
Default Happy Saturday

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ?
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc....
Yes more than once. The one that sticks in my mind was about a new type of car I asked about. They were nice and answered the question.

Bonus Question:

About five.
[b]Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? [b]I have 2 subscriptions. The others I read at the library.

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? I'm not ready yet. It seems too early.

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ?
Thanksgiving Day.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:36 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,026,597 times
http://bestsmileys.com/christmas1/10.gif (broken link) Sorry - just couldn't resist!

Old 11-07-2009, 06:50 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,667,263 times
Today's Question(s):

Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc.... Yes

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Yes, it was there job. I was at a trade show.
They just walked away ?

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? 0

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? None

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? Not I.

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? Mid December.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
National Fig Day
Magazine Day
Chemistry Day
International Tongue Twister Day

Old 11-07-2009, 06:55 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,493,391 times
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc.... Yes, I have.

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Yes, this one.
They just walked away ?

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? Sometimes none, sometimes a several, depends on how many doctor's offices I am in lol.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? I just subscribe to one now.

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? No way!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? Maybe early December, but usually we put it up in mid-December.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:04 PM

36,441 posts, read 16,043,304 times
Today's Question(s):

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ?This
They just walked away ?
How cool !! you ended up with a new friend ?This too!!

Bonus Question:

None

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ?
Noooo, not me.
Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? I have put it up a week or so after Thanksgiving, a long time ago.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:56 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,456,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good Saturday Evening Everybody! Hope you all had a great day!

The vet called this afternoon and gave me the post mortem tissue results on Brownie. She died of Hemangio Sarcoma which is a fast growing and deadly cancer. It was odd in that usually it starts in the spleen or liver, not in the lungs as it did her. The good news is, Brownie wasn't incapacitated by it or very sickly til the day she died. She got to spend a really nice summer in Maine, she got to eat all her favorite things, visit her favorite people, etc. There isn't a better way to spend the last few months you have before death. Human or canine. Sandy and I are adjusting. We're finding our footing and moving forward. Soon I will look for a companion for him as I think he needs the stimulation. Thanks for the many kind words I've received. They've really helped.

Now onto K's questions....

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ? I am such an outgoing person, I will ask anyone anywhere whatever I'm curious about.

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Yes and often continued the conversation with me. lol
You got more information that you needed ? Sometimes, but when I owned my hair salon and cut clients hair, I heard WAY more about things than I wanted to know. I was a cheap psychologist!!! LOLOL
They just walked away ? Not that I ever remember. If they did, I would have either cracked up laughing really loud or acted like Steve Martin... remember his sarcastic line, 'Well, exccccccccccccccUUUUSSSSSEEEEEEE ME!' So, I'm sure it hasn't happened because I would have remembered an episode of acting like THAT in public!!! LOL
How cool !! you ended up with a new friend ? Almost ended up with a friend at the dump one day who is also an avid gardener, but she appeared to have a slight tear in her marble bag, so I thought it best to feign being late for an appointment and beat feet pdq!!
Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? I have four or five that are monthly subscriptions. That's down from 17!! I have a few that are quarterly subscriptions as well.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? I will pick up decorating mags at the store if I see a cover that grabs my eye. I've also been known to stand there and read the whole magazine!!! shhhhhh...... tee hee....

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? NOT ME!!! WAY too early!!! I enjoy having my fall decorations out from September to early December, but with all the rehabbing this fall, I haven't had ANY out! UGH!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? The day after Thanksgiving when I was married and we were stationed at Ft. Dix. I was the President of the Officer's Wives Club and we did a Christmas Holiday Home Tour every year for charity. Beginning the day after Thanksgiving I began decorating the entire house. This meant decorating 7 trees inside and three outside. There were also Christmas decorations on tabletops, etc. We also had a large Christmas party every year when there. EXHAUSTING!!!!! lol Now it's just me and I have a TON of decorations, but I always travel to see my daughter and family, so no need to bother with much of it. It's too much work for just me to sit and look at. lol And you don't really need any of it to have the spirit and meaning of Christmas touch your heart anyway.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
1. Suspension; temporary cessation. Tomorrow I will have an abeyance from painting the trim and doors in the kitchen so I can enjoy the Mozart presentation of the Cape Cod Symphony. Really looking forward to it!

Today is:
Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
National Fig Day
Magazine Day
Chemistry Day ~ sigh I'd like to feel *that* chemistry again! LOL
International Tongue Twister Day ~ I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue. Does that count?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:41 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,789,022 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ? yes... a few times

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ?

They just walked away ?

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? not as many as I used to. Readers Digest, woodworking, blacksmith, and beekeeping mag

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? not me

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? soon after Thanksgiving

Old 11-07-2009, 11:24 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,580,961 times
[Today's Question(s): [/u]
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc....A few times over the years

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Always and usually appeared honestly flattered.
They just walked away ?
Bonus Question: How many different magazines do you read each month ? Down to just two.
Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? Both subscriptions

Extra Credit Question:
Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? No, no, not yet! I like fall/Autumn too much!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? I think it was around the first week of December. Most of the time around the 14th, our youngest son's birthdate or that weekend, whichever comes first.
Today in History:
1805 - Lewis and Clark 1st sights Pacific Ocean . What an amazing and inspiring adventure.

Word of the Day:

Hope everyone had a great day. Hi Karla!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics