Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 06:32 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,342,646 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I hope you are fine!
I had a bad night. Maybe because today we are going to tell our families that we can't go back for Christmas... I know they will be very sad and disappointed...

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ? No. I'm too shy to do something like that.

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? It depends. Sometimes several, sometimes none. But now I've managed to have 4 free subscriptions (thank you freebie forum!), so I take a look at these.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? As I said, I now have 4 subscriptions, but honestly I would never buy these in a store!

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? I don't want a Christmas tree, but hubby does. Anyway, I guess we'll decide in a few weeks!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? Never decorated, because never stayed home for Christmas!

Today is:
Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
National Fig Day That's for hubby
Magazine Day
Chemistry Day That's for hubby too!
International Tongue Twister Day

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Sudcaro; 11-07-2009 at 06:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 06:39 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,229,562 times
Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ? I do things like this...but it is so "normal" for me, I have remembered no examples.
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc.... You know what?? I'm about to go out to coffee with a friend...I think I will seek out a victim who needs a compliment this morning just to see what response I get.....and report back. I hate not having examples....let's see how friendly people are today..HeeHee

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Usually...some people are short with their answers...but many love the attention.
You got more information that you needed ? Yes! This happens ALL the time to me...I am the kind of person people feel obligated to tell there life story to! AND I LISTEN! LOL
They just walked away ? No..don't recall this happening.
How cool !! you ended up with a new friend ? I don't think any of my friends I acquired this way...so NO

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? Read??? ROTFLMAO!!! Skim...several...I get a few subscriptions that I skim each month because I don't have time to read.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? Oops..answered this above.

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ?
Nope...not yet....after Thanksgiving!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? Thankgiving....but that would be an artificial version

Old 11-07-2009, 06:42 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

Yay it is the weekend !! Let the fun times begin
Of course before any "hoop-la" can start we need to ask

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ? Yes
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc.... I liked a jacket a lady was wearing so complimented her on it then there was a car we were thinking about buying so we struck up a conversation with the guy who owned it and he practically sold us the car.

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Yes
You got more information that you needed ?
They just walked away ?
How cool !! you ended up with a new friend ?

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? The only time I read a magazie is when I am at the beauty parlor so I guess my answer is none.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? Neither

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
Not me.
Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? The first week in December.

Today in History:
1805 - Lewis and Clark 1st sights Pacific Ocean
1929 - Museum of Modern Art opens in New York City
1933 - Pennsylvania voters overturn blue law, by permitting Sunday sports
1973 - New Jersey becomes 1st state to allow girls into little league
1976 - "Gone With the Wind" televised - I just love Rhett Butler.

Word of the Day:
abeyance \uh-BAY-uhn(t)s\ , noun;
1. Suspension; temporary cessation.

Today is:
Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day - No thank you.
National Fig Day - Yum...Fig newtons please.
Magazine Day
Chemistry Day
International Tongue Twister Day
Sally sold seashells down by the seashore or Peter Piper picked a a pack of pickled peppers.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:53 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,492,433 times

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ?
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc....LOL...Yes, all the time! And I have had others do the same to me.

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Every single time, they have been more than cordial and always ans. my question.
They just walked away ?

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? Hubby gets every car mag. published and I'll go through them, read something if it catches my eye. I get 3 others that I go through cover to cover.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? Subscriptions

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? Not quite ready just yet!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ?Usually around the 1st of Dec. If I'm going to go through all the work of decorating, I want to enjoy it for awhile. Plus, it puts me in the holiday spirit!

Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 AM

607 posts, read 1,336,179 times
Happy Saturday everyone!

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ?
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc....

I do this often! I'm a people-watcher.

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? Usually

You got more information that you needed ? Often
They just walked away ? Never
How cool !! you ended up with a new friend ? Folks are usually friendly and nice. Some have said I made their day!

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ?
I like magazines! Actually need to restrict myself sometimes.
Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ?
I have four subscriptions- 2 craft-related, Woman's Day and Consumer Reports. Others I borrow from family or the library. I rarely buy the at a store unless I'm at an airport.

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? I'm not in the mood, because the weather is strangely warm and sunny for November. I won't have a tree anyway, because last year I gave mine to a single mom who couldn't afford one. I will put up lights and some special decorations...it will be enough for me.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:01 AM

48,288 posts, read 22,063,011 times
Today's Question(s):

Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc....

I dont make a habit of this ..... but I think that type of thing happened regularly at the Jimmy Buffet Parking Lot madness....."where did you get that shirt" ; "how did you get that beach and palm tree in here?" ;"Did you hook up your own generator to run that blender?"; "Wow, real grass skirts and are those coconut shells?"
Was their response:

Always well rec'd and I often got offered a marguerita or some teriaki or whatever they were in to.

Bonus Question:

I seldom read magazines, unless I am in a waiting room.

I don't buy them at all.
Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!

NOT ME! In fact I heard a Christmas commercial on the TV today and it annoyed me no end....It isnt Thanksgiving yet...not by a long shot.

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ?

Maybe two weeks before Christmas. (I like Christmas but not all the hype and it is not a major holiday for us.)

Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 AM

27,399 posts, read 27,449,310 times
Today's Question(s):

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ?
They just walked away ?

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ?

Yep, I do it a lot. I ask what scent they are wearing, or comment the boots or shoes, or whatever other unique thing they are doing or wearing. Hey at least I dont do what someone else I know has done, going up to guys at the mall and asking if they wear boxers or briefs!
I dont read too many magazines but love my word searches.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:12 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,195,115 times

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ? yup.....
Maybe their haircut, something they were wearing, something they were doing etc.... let's just say something yes.....

Was their response:
It was met with mixed emotion..... sometimes it was welcomed and other times I was looked at like I was or must be crazy

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? 0

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? nope

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!
How many of our QOTD family wants to put up their Christmas tree now ? you must be kidding, right?

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? normally right after Thanksgiving

Word of the Day:
abeyance \uh-BAY-uhn(t)s\ , noun;
1. Suspension; temporary cessation.

Today is:
International Tongue Twister Day[/quote]

Twist up a weekend full of fun and enjoyment

Old 11-07-2009, 07:15 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,691,975 times
[Have you ever gone up to someone you didn't know to ask them about something that caught your eye ?

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ?
They just walked away ?

Oh yeah sure I have. Pretty much polite

Bonus Question:

How many different magazines do you read each month ? don't read them.

Do you have a subscription or do you buy them at the store ? I don't buy them at all

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!

Whats the earliest you have put your tree up ? right after t day we start decorating.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:21 AM

591 posts, read 665,261 times
Good morning Karla and friends. Foggy this morning, and 50 degrees. Visiting one daughter today, and one tomorrow. Have a good week end and lots of fun.

I did. About shoes or clothes and were they bought it.

Was their response:
Polite,they answered your question ? They were always polite
Then we both walked away.

How many different magazines do you read each month ? 3

I have a subscription

Extra Credit Question:

Ok fess up !!

All of our Christmas tree's are put up usually after Thanksgiving or Dec 1 My favorite time of the year.
HUBBY PUTS LIGHTS OUTSIDE TOO.

Last edited by ladybee; 11-07-2009 at 07:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics