Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 04:56 PM

591 posts, read 664,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybee View Post
sorry i could have posted earlier, i just wiped off my web-feet. Still raining, and different weather. Lol have a safe week-end c.d. Friends.

today's question(s):

what was the last thing you splurged on ?

a package of 3 computers for our home.

bonus question:

how many of our qotd family watched "laugh in"

the original ?
or
reruns ? sorry i was not a fan

extra credit question:

what exciting plans do you have for the weekend ?

stay out of the rain

for all of you that wondered. There was a package deal on the computers. Hp desk top, lap top, netbook, roter,and screen from best buy for $1199.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 05:07 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,539,490 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ?
Wacky weed (in 1960) haven't splurged since!

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in"

The original ?
or
Reruns ?

112??

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ?
None of my plans for the weekend are exciting. I'll be building a couple more kitchen cabinets.

[+]

Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,360,500 times
Clashing Clothes Day You must have seen me before Mrs. CNCRACER sent me back upstairs to change. I seldom can make it out of the house without getting sent to my room to change. (It seems like Magnum Mike also get sent to his room a lot too. LOL) I have learned what my eyes see as the perfect send the general population running for shelter. When small they numbered my clothes which allowed me to match without help, than as a single adult I had only tan slacks, and light blue shirts. I always matched, but I always looked like I was in the same clothes. The change came after I was married and my wife changed me into a kaleidoscope of colors. I no longer have a chance of matching any of my clothes. When on my own I shift to black and a light solid shirt. Most of my suits are black with the exception of her favorite which I think is an off shade of green. The trick there is to match a tie to that suit and shirt combo. It requires lots of light (even a flash light), lots of ties, lots of patience and a wiliness to pick the one that looks wrong to my eyes. I have learned to get all clothes matched before I take a trip, and make sure not to mix up the clothes in the hotel. The advantage of all this is I look just like the rest of you, or I think I do, she may be dressing me and sending me out looking like a clown.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:51 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,193,724 times
Just wanted to say thank you everyone for my 1st star

Old 01-22-2010, 08:07 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,880,909 times
Today's Question(s):

A couple nights stay at a resort/waterpark in a 2 story loft room with the kids, for no reason at all, other than just wanted to do something for them special. Couple days ago.

Bonus Question:

Yep. Original.

Extra Credit Question:
What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ?

None now. All "exciting" plans were wiped off the calendar with having to replace the furnace today unexpectedly. Oh - Yea! <said with dripping sarcasm>

Old 01-22-2010, 08:21 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,424,677 times
Last splurge -- an Aigner purse in October 2008. It was one of the "little bags" and was on sale for Columbus Day! I watched Laugh in, the original I'm afraid, but at least I wasn't in high school yet! For the past five years I've lived in the home I grew up in and am posting this in the same room where I watched Laugh in. No exciting plans this weekend -- more applications and housework. Glad I have a home to clean up!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,848,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Hi Everyone! It has been forever since I have posted....lots of wonderful things have happened to me making it very hard for me to spend time on the computer. My family of 6 has grown to a family of 9...something we are very happy about and hope it will be permanent..so keep us in your prayers!
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? Splurged??? Christmas this year was a splurge! Had to recently get baby furniture, too!

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" No, before my time!

The original ?
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? Nothing exciting...which is good for now. Calm and time at home...yeah!!!

Today in History:
1938 - "Our Town," Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer-winner of small-town life in Grover's Corners, New Hampshire, premieres
1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day.
1964 - World's largest cheese (15,723 kg) manufactured, Wisconsin
1968 - The NBC-TV show, "Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In", debuted “from beautiful downtown Burbank” on this night.
1972 - "Emergency" with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV I loved this show and had a crush on one of the paramedics...the one with the dark hair!

Word of the Day:
prevaricate \prih-VAIR-uh-kayt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To depart from or evade the truth; to speak with equivocation.

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day
Clashing Clothes Day
National Polka Dot Day
Answer Your Cats Questions Day
Come in from the cold Day
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,673,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

I had to take care of some things this morning which is why it is a late start to Yeah, but just look at how LATE I am for ? of the day...sigh... Good Evening Karla!

Today's Question(s):

a new book Boost Your Metabolism, just got it in yesterday....
Bonus Question:

The original ?
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? oh just the usual, wash clothes, clean house, cook, and read my book, go to town for dh, and maybe even doing some work in the office...

Today in History:
1938 - "Our Town," Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer-winner of small-town life in Grover's Corners, New Hampshire, premieres
1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day.
1964 - World's largest cheese (15,723 kg) manufactured, Wisconsin
1968 - The NBC-TV show, "Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In", debuted “from beautiful downtown Burbank” on this night.
1972 - "Emergency" with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV
Oh my goodness, I loved Laugh-In and Emergency!!!!!! and wonder if today's CIA is what President Truman had in mind!

Word of the Day:

prevaricate \prih-VAIR-uh-kayt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To depart from or evade the truth; to speak with equivocation.

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day
Clashing Clothes Day
National Polka Dot Day
Answer Your Cats Questions Day
Come in from the cold Day
Wishing everyone a wonderful evening....

Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,680,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Clashing Clothes Day You must have seen me before Mrs. CNCRACER sent me back upstairs to change. I seldom can make it out of the house without getting sent to my room to change. (It seems like Magnum Mike also get sent to his room a lot too. LOL) I have learned what my eyes see as the perfect send the general population running for shelter. When small they numbered my clothes which allowed me to match without help, than as a single adult I had only tan slacks, and light blue shirts. I always matched, but I always looked like I was in the same clothes. The change came after I was married and my wife changed me into a kaleidoscope of colors. I no longer have a chance of matching any of my clothes. When on my own I shift to black and a light solid shirt. Most of my suits are black with the exception of her favorite which I think is an off shade of green. The trick there is to match a tie to that suit and shirt combo. It requires lots of light (even a flash light), lots of ties, lots of patience and a wiliness to pick the one that looks wrong to my eyes. I have learned to get all clothes matched before I take a trip, and make sure not to mix up the clothes in the hotel. The advantage of all this is I look just like the rest of you, or I think I do, she may be dressing me and sending me out looking like a clown.

That's why I wear blue jeans. It doesn't matter what race car T-shirt I wear it goes with blue jeans.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 PM

27,364 posts, read 27,414,874 times
Any t-shirt goes with jeans, they never go out of style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics