Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,235,712 times

Advertisements

[

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? Guns.

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" <raises hand>

The original ? X
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? None

Today in History:
1938 - "Our Town," Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer-winner of small-town life in Grover's Corners, New Hampshire, premieres I remember reading this in English lit classes.
1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day.
1964 - World's largest cheese (15,723 kg) manufactured, Wisconsin
1968 - The NBC-TV show, "Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In", debuted “from beautiful downtown Burbank” on this night.
1972 - "Emergency" with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV

Word of the Day:

prevaricate \prih-VAIR-uh-kayt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To depart from or evade the truth; to speak with equivocation. I used to be married to one of these.

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day A blonde brownie. Sounds like an oxymoron.
Clashing Clothes Day Like orange and purple together??
National Polka Dot Day I'm too old to wear polka dots anymore.
Answer Your Cats Questions Day Now I've heard everything.
Come in from the cold Day I'm already in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 06:35 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,202,018 times
Happy Friday!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? I bought a new smart phone

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in"

The original ?
or
Reruns ?
Neither - I do not even know what that is.

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? No plans right now

Old 01-22-2010, 06:40 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,740,303 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ?
My daughter's Christmas gift: a laptop. She was so thrilled which made all that saving well worth it.

Bonus Question:

The original ?
Yes, I did.
or
Reruns ?
Yes, those too.

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ?
If you call 'looking for sliding mirror closet doors' exciting ... The prices might "excite" us, not in a positive way.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:48 AM

54,500 posts, read 33,912,259 times
Wow, not many people have posted on the QOTD yet, so I must be up too early or Karla is a little late today..

Bonus Question:

I don't know, I see people Laughin' everytime I walk by them, and I can't figure out why.. - Rowan And Martin's Laugh In, I remember that show, and I remember watching it when I was a kid.
The original or Reruns ?
I like first runs, reruns make me tired for some reason, especially if I'm running uphill.. - I remember watching first runs and reruns of the show. I'm sure everyone remembers one of the catch phrases in the show "Here comes the judge".. and I do remember hearing "Go to your room" a few times.. on the show..

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ?
Nothing exciting, just boring stuff.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,690,865 times
hi Karla...........Happy Friday everyone
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? probably Christmas

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in"help help.....I burnt my brussel sprouts. Goldie hawn.
and one ringy dingy and two ringy dingy.

The original ? original.....didn't know there were reruns?
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? no plans and I'm happy about this. Got some necessary extra cleaning to do around here, will cook a nice dinner sunday, church Sat, watch movies, play games and talk on CD.
This hasn't happened for a while and I'm so looking forward to it.
Next week we take a mini road trip.

Word of the Day:
prevaricate \prih-VAIR-uh-kayt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To depart from or evade the truth; to speak with equivocation.
oh I know people like this. No use even talking to them.

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Dayooooooooooooh
Clashing Clothes Day purple and yellow stripped pants and blueand red polka dot top with argyle socks and a cowboy hat....Sounds sooo cool huh?
National Polka Dot Dayreminds me....I love to polka
Answer Your Cats Questions Day oh I do everyday. Litttle buggers rule in this household.
Come in from the cold Day[/quote] i'm in

Old 01-22-2010, 06:53 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,382,844 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? Red peppers at the grocery store. At $4.89/lb. I had no business getting any but I love them so much!

Bonus Question:

The original ? yes
or
Reruns ? no

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? Nothing really - just the usual kids activities plus my DS is taking the SAT tomorrow.

Last edited by Sandhillian; 01-22-2010 at 07:22 AM..

Old 01-22-2010, 06:58 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,659,930 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? A HD monitor and monitor stand so I can rotate the monitor. Although I only splurged like $10 because I bought it with Christmas & bonus money from work.

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" Ya! Goldie Hawn was a hottie!!! Sock it to me...

The original ?
or
Reruns ? Reruns. I wasn't born til 71.

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? Going to RuSans Sushi for a meeting to discuss Steampunk. I won't be doing too much discussing, mostly eating.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,450,621 times
Good morning all.

What was the last thing you splurged on ? In the beginning of October DH and I went rving, and stayed 3 nights at a really nice campground, to visit friends. For the house we are remodeling...granite counter tops To some that is a splurge to DH and I it was necessary at this time. Too bad I don't like granite..

Me and I'm pretty sure I watched the reruns.

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? Right now we are waiting for the washer and dryer to be delivered. The ancient washer broke yesterday.

Tomorrow we might be going out on a neighbor's boat and then we are all having a dinner party and game night.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 AM

54,500 posts, read 33,912,259 times
Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day - Hmm.. Blonde Brownie? Is there a Brunette and a Redhead Brownie?
Clashing Clothes Day - Oh boy.. I guess somebody's gonna have to make sure my clothes get along with each other, they're always clashing, and I think one of my pair of jeans is divorcing one of my t-shirts..
National Polka Dot Day - Is there a polka comma, polka slash and a polka dash?
Answer Your Cats Questions Day - Hmm.. so when a cat says "meaoow", how are you supposed to know he's asking a question?
Come in from the cold Day - Never mind the cold, for the past few days, it's been get out of the rain day!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:05 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,605,502 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? I guess a new Wii game we bought a couple months ago

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" You bet your sweet bippy I did! lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7BGBa6MTI

The original ? Yup
or
Reruns ? Every now and then

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? Exciting plans? What's that? lol

Today in History:
1938 - "Our Town," Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer-winner of small-town life in Grover's Corners, New Hampshire, premieres That was our senior play. I was the paper boy!
1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day.
1964 - World's largest cheese (15,723 kg) manufactured, Wisconsin
1968 - The NBC-TV show, "Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In", debuted “from beautiful downtown Burbank” on this night. Sock it to me!
1972 - "Emergency" with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV You can watch the first episode on hulu.com. I also watched the very first Doogie Howzer, Adam 12 and several others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics