Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:11 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,464,303 times

Advertisements

GOOD MORNING! Tried to help you out, Miss Karla with a K, with the QOTD. You were not late; I was just up too early. For some odd reason, Mr. Rdslots set the alarm for 4:00 a.m., and for me, that was all she wrote.

Last thing I splurged on? Sheesh, but nothing -- nada, zip, zilch, zero comes to mind, ya'll. The yard desperately need mulch, either pine straw or fine-chopped wood chips, so I may be splurging on that. I am trying to set aside a little moolah as there is an artist here with a painting that I want so badly until I can smell the paint and varnish. She doesn't know me, nor has she ever laid eyes on my daughter, but she has a portrait that IS my daughter. Just how uncanny is that?

Not only did I watch the very O-riginal Laugh-In,
but when I was in JR HS, our school put on its own version of the show as the Spring School Play, and the drama teacher and some of the faculty cast us students in the comedians' roles. I got the silly part of Joanne Worley and the inane 'is that another chicken joke' lines. I wasn't crazy about it, but would so love to do it again today -- I could carry that off even better than Joanne, methinks.

I always wanted the school to do The Little Rascals. I'd be 'Petey,' complete with blacked-eye.

Plans for the weekend? As nuts as it sounds, I'd like to get out in the yard, and w-o-r-k. The beds need mulching, and the yard just has that 'winter doldrums' look about it. I also miss the physical labor of yard work. It is supposed to get up to near 50 on Saturday here -- perfect for working and not perspiring, or for me, running the risk of a heat stroke.

Have I shared with you how much I dislike this bit o' getting old-er? My thermostat is s-h-o-t, and there is no fixing it unfortunately.

Just so you can practice prevaricating, in celebration of Truman's 1946 directive that ultimately established the CIA, rent the Matt Damon movie, The Good Shepherd. Love it, love it, love it. First time I saw it, I kept asking, "Is THAT Matt Damon? Are you sure that's Matt Damon?" Such a c-oo-l character portrayal. Note: not a particularly cool character, but a great portrayal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:12 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,208,279 times
What was the last thing you splurged on ?

Last weekend we upgraded to a 47" LCD TV, and upgraded our cell phones with a data plan.

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in"

I was preschool age, but I think I remember the originals.

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ?

I get to work Saturday morning, and clean the house in the afternoon!!

There is football Sunday, too.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:14 AM

44,676 posts, read 61,787,970 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on? Another vehicle.

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" You bet your 'Sweet Bippy' we did. Hey Goldie "Sock it to Me"....

The original ? Original.
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend? Not too much with all the rain we've been experiencing recently. Do plan on going out to dinner with some out of state friends.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,228,744 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? Christmas gifts!!!!

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" I remember it, but not sure how often I watched it, if ever.
The original ? I believe so
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? I am going to an all day scrapbooking fundraiser on Saturday for my sons "project graduation" Hopefully, I will get some of my pictures back in a book!!! The ones I took out many years ago when I discovered they were getting damaged.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 AM

36,464 posts, read 16,071,101 times
Today's Question(s):

Hmm, not much splurging for this girl.
Bonus Question:

I did
The original ? This one
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

None, working all weekend.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 AM

18,255 posts, read 25,929,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

I had to take care of some things this morning which is why it is a late start to

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? Been pretty cautious with my money, I guess splurging would have been when the big and tall clothing store closed in my area some time back. Bought several shirts, jeans, Levi dockers, sport coat, etc., etc. Saved a lot of money. I don't usually stockpile, but if any of you check out prices in a big and tall store, you would know!

Bonus Question:

The original ? Yes
or
Reruns ? Yes-I loved those shows. There were albums released on the Epic label in the late 60's, I have both "Laugh Ins", have the Henry Gibson one too. Those shows were classic!

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ?Wanted to go to Denver tomorrow, the weather might say otherwise. The big storm fronts are rolling through here from the huge California storms. Had 30 mph winds early this morning. Yikes! That is exciting enough, thank you very much!

Today in History:
1938 - "Our Town," Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer-winner of small-town life in Grover's Corners, New Hampshire, premieres
1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day.
1964 - World's largest cheese (15,723 kg) manufactured, Wisconsin
1968 - The NBC-TV show, "Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In", debuted “from beautiful downtown Burbank” on this night.
1972 - "Emergency" with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV Liked the show-Julie London co-starred as one of the nurses.

Word of the Day:

prevaricate \prih-VAIR-uh-kayt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To depart from or evade the truth; to speak with equivocation.

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day
Clashing Clothes Day Got plenty of them!
National Polka Dot Day
Answer Your Cats Questions Day
Come in from the cold Day
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

18,966 posts, read 11,623,260 times
What was the last thing you splurged on ? The electric toothbrush my periodontist told me to get.

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" I did - sock it to me!

The original ? Original - were there reruns!?
or
Reruns ?

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? Oh crap - forgot to make exciting plans!

Word of the Day: Someone I love very much is a master at this

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day I'll take what I can get - bring it on
Clashing Clothes Day So what else is new
National Polka Dot Day I'm in favor of them - but not into mini mouse
Answer Your Cats Questions Day I don't have a high enough degree - my mom's cats are very complicated creatures!
Come in from the cold Day Not too bad out there today

12,169 posts, read 17,672,216 times
[quote=Karla with a K;12559338]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

I had to take care of some things this morning which is why it is a late start to

[b]Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? A telescope

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" Guilty.

The original ? Yes, I'm old.
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? Might go four wheeling to check out flood damage from the rain.

Happy Friday!

25,449 posts, read 11,753,200 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you splurged on ? Things for a new laptop.

Bonus Question:

How many of our QOTD family watched "Laugh in" Once in a while.

The original ?
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

What exciting plans do you have for the weekend ? As of right now, I don't have anything exciting to do.

Today in History:
1938 - "Our Town," Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer-winner of small-town life in Grover's Corners, New Hampshire, premieres
1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day.
1964 - World's largest cheese (15,723 kg) manufactured, Wisconsin
1968 - The NBC-TV show, "Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In", debuted “from beautiful downtown Burbank” on this night.
1972 - "Emergency" with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day
Clashing Clothes Day
National Polka Dot Day
Answer Your Cats Questions Day
Come in from the cold Day

Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 AM

867 posts, read 2,143,909 times
Happy Friday Everyone!!

Today's Question(s):

I think it was just junk food
Bonus Question:

never heard of it
The original ?
or
Reruns ?

Extra Credit Question:

rent movies hopefully and go shopping with some gift cards I have

Today in History:

1938 - "Our Town," Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer-winner of small-town life in Grover's Corners, New Hampshire, premieres lol my parents wern't even born yet
1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day. wow did not know this
1964 - World's largest cheese (15,723 kg) manufactured, Wisconsin I like cheese as much as the next person, but this is a bit much
1968 - The NBC-TV show, "Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In", debuted “from beautiful downtown Burbank” on this night. parents were married I think
1972 - "Emergency" with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV

definitly married but niether me nor my brother were born
Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Blonde Brownie Day what's that? (a blonde brownie I mean)
Clashing Clothes Day same as above
National Polka Dot Day I knew this girl who loved polka dots
Answer Your Cats Questions Day lol
Come in from the cold Day tell ppl in the artic circle that lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics