Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:23 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,655,479 times

Advertisements

When I was little I really wanted ________ and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ? Can't think of anything. I wasn't really that kind of kid - was counter-culture even as a tot

Yesterday we talked about what famous people we wanted to have lunch with How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? I didn't "really" want to have lunch with most of the ones I listed LOL. Did see some neat suggestions out there, though

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? I tend to round up or down so it might not be exact but it's not intended to mislead anyone either

Speaking of weight

Where is "Wanda the weight loss Fairy"
I would be really happy if she could make ________ pounds disappear ? I don't care about the weight so much - just want a few areas to be a little more toned.

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ? drinking and skipping morning classes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 06:24 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,663,789 times
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted can't remember wanting anything and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ?

Bonus Question:
Yesterday we talked about what famous people we wanted to have lunch with

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ?
I did read a few answers that said Sandra Bullock....I think it would be nice to have lunch with her as long as she paid

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of scale & honesty day

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ?
I did on my driver's license

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make 50 pounds disappear ?

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ? The sweaters around the neck (puke) and the loud checkered pants

Today is:
National Raisin Day.....................I'll take those raisins.......
National Oatmeal cookie day........and put them in the oatmeal cookies!!
Ice Cream Cone Day..................reminds me of Eddie Murphy's stand-up bit from the 80's....funny
Hairstyle Appreciation Day..........I appreciate that I don't have one
Mr. Potato Head Day.................I LOVE Mr. Potato head!!
Scale Day................................NOOO!!:shock ed:
National Honesty Day.................As long as I don't have to be honest about my weight

Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,387,697 times
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted patent leather shoes and/or cowboy boots because a lot of the kids had them ?

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? On several

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? I don't think so since I'm usually only asked for medical appts and I want them to have accurate info.

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make ________ pounds disappear ?

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ? Toga parties

Old 04-30-2010, 06:26 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,497,720 times
Good morning.

[b]Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted ________ and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ? I never wanted what others had and I still don't. Yeah, I'm weird.

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? Not me.

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? No reason to. I am what I am...and sometimes I want to, lol.

I would be really happy if she could make _5-10_______ pounds disappear ?

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ?

The girls at Syracuse used to wear Long Johns(waffle weaves) with Timberland boots. It was a sight, lol.

National Raisin Day
National Oatmeal cookie day
Ice Cream Cone Day
Hairstyle Appreciation Day
Mr. Potato Head Day
Scale Day
National Honesty Day I am honest to a fault.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,796,561 times
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted _3 speed bike_ because a lot of the kids had them ?

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? lots of interesting names showed up.. Abe Lincoln would be a good one and
Mozart

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? maybe a little higher... to make it seem I wasn't a string bean

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make _0_ pounds disappear ?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:30 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,034,034 times
Just checked in to the hotel in Turkey. Having a lightning storm and the power keeps going out for a few minutes.

Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted ________ and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ?
This is a tough one to answer. I was the kid with all the toys.

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ?
As I said before...Who ever buys the lunch is who I want to eat lunch with

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ?

Me thinks it is time to fudge my answer.

Speaking of weight

Right, Like I am really going to say how much I should lose

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ?

The University I went to was very Red-Necked, Beer Drinking, Casual, Conservative. Do not remember much in the way of fads. Things like Disco, weird cloths, and drinks with fancy names just never had a chance.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,035,524 times
Happy Friday everyone!

Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted ________ and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ?

A trampoline, when I was 6 and wanted to become a trapeze artist in the circus. My mom said she didn't want me to break my legs. But what did she know, breaking my leg was also on my list of things I wanted. Well, maybe not breaking my leg... but getting a big cast for all my friends to sign with colorful magic markers seemed like a cool thing to want.

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? Abraham Lincoln and John Lennon--those two definitely got added to my guest list. Can you imagine the jokes they'd tell?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? Hey, it's not fudging if you weigh yourself without your glasses on and 170 pounds looks like it say 120 pounds...

Speaking of weight

160 pounds. That's how much my grandson's new friend weighs and boy do I wish he would disappear. Nice kid but he eats all my chocolate!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,198,614 times
ooo I forgot skinning dipping and toga parties on my list of fads

Old 04-30-2010, 06:33 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,357,464 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted colorful shoes because a lot of the kids had them.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? Very often

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make 25 pounds disappear (so that I don't have too much to loose at the end of the pregnancy)

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ? I don't remember anything special, to be honest.

Today is:
National Raisin Day
National Oatmeal cookie day
Ice Cream Cone Day
Hairstyle Appreciation Day
Mr. Potato Head Day
Scale Day
National Honesty Day

Have a nice day!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:33 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,363,949 times
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted
_____ and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ? Can't really recall anything that other kids had that I coveted. I grew up in a typical 1950s-60s suburban neighborhood, and pretty much everyone had the same kinds of things.

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers?

Honestly, I didn't recognize most of the names for actors, actresses, contemporary musicians and athletes. I spied some politicians' names that I have to admit I'd have been interested in lunching with, such as Winston Churchill.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh"?

Of course!

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make
all the extra pounds disappear?

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger?

You know, I honestly don't know. I guess I've just never been very good at tuning into popular culture. For myself, I was active in the Society For Creative Anachronism, which was very much a niche interest, and I just kind of tuned out what all the mainstream kids did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics